Weidman the first undefeated fighter Anderson has faced

I think weidman is going to get beat pretty bad in this one. Anderson is going to have a major advantage in the standup and will be able to defend himself if he does get taken down. What happens when weidman doesn't get the takedown ?

He gets knocked out.

Anderson is going to steal his second virginity and his soul.

Weidman will come back stronger, but Andy will be retired or in LHW permanently by the time Weidman gets another title shot.

He's fought a lot of guys in the UFC who only had one loss prior to facing him:

Leben: 15-1
Franklin: 22-1
Leites: 14-1
Maia: 12-1

He's also (t)ko'd a lot of guys who have never been (t)ko'd before:

Leben
Marquardt
Sonnen
Belfort
Bonnar

Leben is the only one on this list who's lost via strikes to somebody other than Anderson. I guess technically Vitor was tko'd by Couture in their first match, but had never been knocked out before he ate Andy's foot.

A new MW champ is coming in July. No more diva shit....no more Blackhouse...no more Ed Soares negotiating. Belt's coming back to LONG ISLAND!!!

I respectfully disagree.

Chael+Sonnen+wallpaper.jpg

:p

This.

chael-sonnen-with-title.png

Chael Sonnen was the undefeated and undisputed champion when Anderson Silva fought him.

anderson beat better fighters... loss or no loss on the record doesnt matter

he had trouble taken maia down and he gassed

I don't think that anyone could disagree with the fact that, as a massive mw, cutting all that weight on 8 days notice had to effect his gas tank.

The fact that he still won is a testament to his toughness.

9 months is a very standard lay off and is not long at all. GSP only fights every 9 months or less. He doesn't need a tune up.

Seasoned veteran with over 20 fights, solid game plan that works over and over, and years and years to refine his technique is very comparable to Chris Weidman. Take that and consider that he's fighting one of the best fighters in MMA, I'd most definitely say he needs a warm up.

Anderson is going to back up against the cage, use it for TDD, and pick Weidman apart until he can't stand anymore. It's going to be a sad day for Silva haters. Better pack up your bags and jump on the Rockhold hype train before it leaves the station.

Anderson is going to back up against the cage, use it for TDD, and pick Weidman apart until he can't stand anymore. It's going to be a sad day for Silva haters. Better pack up your bags and jump on the Rockhold hype train before it leaves the station.

Weidman needs to attack anderson's body when he leans against the cage. Everyone head hunts for anderson, but his body is rarely ever hit or focused on. Work the body then that take down will come.

Easier said then done, especially with anderson though.

The aura surrounding Weidman will be far too much for Anderson to overcome. It's a huge obstacle for him.

Weidman needs to attack anderson's body when he leans against the cage. Everyone head hunts for anderson, but his body is rarely ever hit or focused on. Work the body then that take down will come.

Easier said then done, especially with anderson though.

It's hard to attack his body with his foot up against your face lol.

I can't decide if the Weidman hype is a product of the UFC promotional machine or just fans begging for a challenge to Anderson. I don't think Weidman will even make this fight competitive.

Back