Weidman the first undefeated fighter Anderson has faced

He beat Davis and Bader in college, if he can out-wrestle them then he can out-wrestle Anderson.

Agreed. Beating Maia on 8 days notice is impressive. The way he thrashed Munoz was unbelievable. But he still has nothing for Silva.

While I give him kudos for taking the Maia fight on short notice and winning - he hardly looked like a world beater against a guy that has moved to WW. I do give Weidman full credit for beating Munoz. That was impressive.

But Silva is a little better than Munoz.

I do believe Weidman has a shot to win the fight - but the Weidman fans who think their guy is going to come in and ragdoll Silva are in for a rude awakening.

I see a Silva win by TKO in the 3rd.

I respectfully disagree.

Chael+Sonnen+wallpaper.jpg

:p

What exactly has Weidman done, to warrant this level of fanaticism?

not much really, just Silva haters are jumping on the next great hope to beat Anderson.

But make no mistake about it, Weidman will fall with the rest of them.

The Sakurai fight was pretty amazing. The best part was when Anderson pummels his face, the ref steps in to check Sakurai's bleeding and Anderson helps wipe Sakurai's face. Amazing display of humanity and friendship within a fight.

Do you think this will be a factor at all? Most undefeated fighters are full of confidence, but sometimes their overconfidence brings them their first loss. I understand Weidman has never faced anyone close to Andersons caliber, but I dont think he is overconfident. I believe he is completely aware of the dangers Silva brings and will fight a smart fight. Hopefully it is good!

when Chris step in there with Anderson he will be shocked

Undefeated or not, overconfident or not, Anderson will still kick his ass.

lol. Sakurai was undefeated. Franklin had only one loss at the time.

do you think weidman (whos a better wrestler than chael) will struggle getting takedowns against anderson? first off weidman is one of the biggest 185ers next to andy. second weidman has better wrestling than almost anyone in the ufc besides a couple of guys imo. third weidman's striking has looked better each time he fights. i dont think this is an easy fight for anderson silva by any means.

didnt he have trouble with maia didnt he blow hes load trying too take him down? and wasnt hes striking god awful

do you think weidman (whos a better wrestler than chael) will struggle getting takedowns against anderson? first off weidman is one of the biggest 185ers next to andy. second weidman has better wrestling than almost anyone in the ufc besides a couple of guys imo. third weidman's striking has looked better each time he fights. i dont think this is an easy fight for anderson silva by any means.

he had trouble taken maia down and he gassed

what about mach sakurai? he was undefeated and ranked #1 p4p when anderson beat him

Back