Weidman the first undefeated fighter Anderson has faced

I can't wait for Anderson to wake all these little dreamers up.

Chris is gonna be 9-1 in 4 months time :D

You have to be VERY confident when fighting Anderson. You have to truly believe you can beat him. That being said, you can't be overconfident like it seemed like Leben was. That is a recipe for disaster. I think Weidman's right where he needs to be.

I just re-watched weidman vs maia.
weidman really struggled to handle maia and score tawedowns in that fight
Not to mention his striking was really predictable
Silva takes this one easy

Fucking this.

Silva haters are getting so desperate that they will hype up the most mediocre fighters and act like Anderson doesn't have a chance.

Full blown retards.
The best shot at beating Anderson is a very good wrestler, with good size/length, with good BJJ, with the ability to finish fights. How many of those has Anderson ever faced? Zero. Weidman will be the first. He is the toughest guy stylistically of Anderson's career.

I just re-watched weidman vs maia.
weidman really struggled to handle maia and score tawedowns in that fight
Not to mention his striking was really predictable
Silva takes this one easy
Weidman took the fight on ten days notice, and was 4 for 6 on takedowns, and Maia was 0 for 7. You might wanna re-watch it again.

Overeem the 'K-1 Champion' won the weakest K1 GP in years and had his hands down when he got knocked out, Overeem keeps his hands up he wins that fight hands down.

Henderson gets out-wrestled when he gasses.

Weidman is a 29 year old in the prime of his career with some real skills to pose a threat to Anderson.

I was starting to support you until you started backing overeem.

I love that a week ago before the fight was announced tons of people said Chris would smash Anderson. Now that the fight is on, these guys are no where to be found.

No they're still there, they're now the ones preempting the fight with the "isn't healed, isn't 100%" excuse in the event of his likely loss. Sucks, but it's to be expected around here. I just sit back and come to terms with one fact: Weidman thinks he's ready, or else he wouldn't have signed.

I don't get it. If you're a fan of a fighter who has the confidence in beating any opponent, shouldn't you share in that confidence?

No. Plenty of fighters with a loss or two are just as good as many fighters with less than a dozen wins and defeats yet. I'm a big Weidman fan but even if he had a loss, he'd still be a really good fighter.

"Weidman the first undefeated fighter Anderson has faced"

he is 2-0 in the UFC? do i think this will make him overconfident ? no

:redface:

Yeah, the guy that was saying that he would give Silva a rematch in November certainly isnt overconfident...

I doubt it will be a factor. The only thing that bothers me is that he's been out for so long and is returning to fight one of the best fighters to ever fight in MMA. I'd like to see him fight once more before fighting Anderson, then again I'm glad the fight is finally happening so everyone can STFU about it already.

History repeats itself.

Most annoying fanbase in the sport mocking a superior undefeated grappler and demeaning his wins over top competition while clinging to an anti-reality view of the Matrix striker stopping all TDs and getting a KO in the 1st. AT THE SAME TIME demonstrating irrefutable terror at the thought that their marketing favorite should have to defend against this legit undefeated contender.

Today's Conor fans post-Khabib will pull the same trick Anderson fans did post-Weidman... the quickest disappearance act in the history of the sport. Look at all the loud-mouth, dismissive and disrespectful, shit posters from this time period that never posted again after 162. I remembered my predictions prior to the first fanbase cleansing. Will be just as fun after the second.

You keep bumping these threads!

Funny though, reading back on the comments, this thread is an insight to the Rhonda-level hype/myth (prior to Holly) that Anderson had about him when the UFC were full steam about pushing him as the GOAT

Back