Volkan in court

Any publicity is good publicity for him at this point. Guy will get through this untouched.
Defending your girl is seen as heroic by most people. I guess if Jones can come back from dick pills and hitting a pregnant lady, Volkan can come back from this shit for sure.

No detailed info on what happened. Bummer.

But we get to find out how much Volkan has in his bank account at 6:00
(70K in savings)
Sort of weird that such info is made public.

And also kind of strange that the judge just asked him and set the bond at 10K right after that.
If he just lied and he was poor as hell it seems he could've gotten a smaller bond.
So, basically he's gonna be OK cause the judge doesn't understand that MMArtist means a fighter.
They cleared that up pretty quickly though.

Last edited:
If he gets sentenced to most likely probation will we get to see a promo some dramatic montages of Volkan training and staring at a fire while the sound of a clock ticks in the background?

that neck almost reminds me of Jeff King
attachment.php
Cody McKenzie is creaming his basketball shorts

(70K in savings)

And also kind of strange that the judge just asked him and set the bond at 10K right after that.
If he just lied and he was poor as hell it seems he could've gotten a smaller bond.

meaningless anyway since he's not going to flee

drinking rarely yields positive results

I bet they were. It seems much more likely to me than Volkan simply puts to sleep two guys just because they (or one of them) were talking to his girlfriend.

I have a feeling he comes out and tells them that's his fiancée and they reply with something rude back. The 'victim' states that his friend was knocked out outside and he went outside to see who knocked his friend out and then he got sucker punched.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Most likely scenario is, he comes out of the bathroom and tells the guy who is hitting on his girl to fuck off, they argue and one of them says let's take it outside. Volkan sleeps him and the other friend comes out and sees his buddy on the floor and takes a step towards volkan and volkan, already amped up throws a punch and knocks him out too

I have a feeling he comes out and tells them that's his fiancée and they reply with something rude back. The 'victim' states that his friend was knocked out outside and he went outside to see who knocked his friend out and then he got sucker punched.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Most likely scenario is, he comes out of the bathroom and tells the guy who is hitting on his girl to fuck off, they argue and one of them says let's take it outside. Volkan sleeps him and the other friend comes out and sees his buddy on the floor and takes a step towards volkan and volkan, already amped up throws a punch and knocks him out too
makes sense.

Can a woman not tell a man she's in a relationship?

A lot of alpha males in here pretending that when a man talks to a woman, it's up to the other man to take care of things. If this woman wasn't interested, could she not have said something?

As others have said, we'll never get to know what really happened.

In the video the judge says that Volcan is accused of suckerpunching the guy. If that's the case, he is in trouble.
I some countries in Europe, if a professional fighter/boxer attacks a civilian, he is not only liable for assault charges, but for assault with a weapon. His body is legally defined as a weapon. Do not know if this is the rule in the US. But easy to see that a UFC fighter without self control is dangerous for his surroundings.

Well, that's what the victim stated but it hasn't been said that the bar had any footage so if the bar really doesn't then it may be dropped due to lack of evidence however the victim can still choose to testify if I remember correctly. And yes, your correct if your a pro boxer/fighter you can't strike a civilian unless your defending yourself.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. I live in Massachusetts and was hoping that would be the main event so I could get tickets to see it. Fuck.
I think it'll still happen. DC has said on a podcast that if Volkan is still locked up he'll "move onto the next guy",though. But, the judge seems very easy going as long as Volkan stays in the U.S. She wasn't even worried about him potentially fleeing after paying bail at all.

I thought Volkan was part of the smart ones. Guess not.. As a pro mma fighter you should know better than getting into a fight because someone is hitting on your girl.
Honestly, Volkan doesn't strike me as the type to flip out and throw the kitchen sink at a normal civilian. In interviews he seems very nonchalant and calm. I wasn't there so who knows but I really think he had good reason to swing. Perhaps the victim didn't back off after he gave a warning or something or maybe his fiance was getting violated.

(70K in savings)

You make a good point. 10K for a shady assault charge is excessive. I knew some people in Florida that had more serious charges that bailed for 3-5k.

what a shit show.

For those who cant be bothered to watch, hes got $70k in savings, just moved house, Bond was $10k and he had to surrender his passport

Well, it depends on what actually happened. Maybe Volkan threw the first punch? In that case he's the one to blame.
Watch the video , the plaintiff lawyer says He was sucker punched by volk

My man Ozieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nothing as long as you leave when her bf gets back.

If you decide to take it outside don't bitch when he death touches you.
Exactly. We don't know how it went down yet, but from what we do know so far, it went down something like this:

After returning to find a guy hitting on his girl, guy A asked guy B to leave. Words were exchanged to some extent, and somebody invited the other outside. Outside, guy A ko'd guy B, and then guy C (friend of B) comes outside looking for his friend after hearing he got ko'd, and is immediately ko'd himself by guy A.

That's all we know.

Given that info, it likely unfolded in one of two ways.

Either Guy A was overly aggressive and assaulted guy B needlessly just for talking to his girl, and then ko'd guy C just because when he came outside to help his friend,

OR

Guy A respectfully asked guy B to leave his girl and himself alone once he returned and was met with rudeness and aggression. Guy B invited him outside and got layed out, and then guy C charged outside yelling, aiming to fight as well, and paid the price.

I'm inclined to think it was the latter, as most professional fighters, save for the complete hot heads, are hesitant to beat people down in the streets unless they really have to or the person is a game participant.

Well, it depends on what actually happened. Maybe Volkan threw the first punch? In that case he's the one to blame.

1-He was having his nice night
2-Assholes interrupt it
3-Holy justice was served
4-Silly law ruined point 3

Back