Update on Max Holloway.

Hope he's doing ok, longtime favorite of mine since his first few fights. Seems like a really good guy outside the cage too.

Did he really have a mini stroke or was that bullshit? Wish max well.

There was a thread about the possibility of his health issues being possibly related to a mini-stroke. It was wastelanded but I am seeing quite a few semi-mainstream mma sites discuss it, including comments from PHDs, Neurologists, etc.

I certainly hope not, but I think his health is worth discussion by mma fans.

If it's not clear now,

No one should ever claim "an era"

The era curse is real.

But not for real, that's reserved for Houston Alexander.

Been 2 weeks and they are still trying to figure out what's his problem.
ne3c3mi-imgur-1488176264374.gif

Last edited:
Jesus how was he fighting at 145? These mega cutters are either batshit crazy or just that desperate to fight littler dudes.

Looks like shit, hope his brain is all right. =/

Pretty likely... look at what happened to Dom Cruz during his time away. Now he is a bitter and lonely dude.
Dom Cruz has always been a little prick it's no wonder his girl left him. Just listen to him talk to anyone ever. Although his commentating lately has been world class I'll admit. Anyway Max is a great guy you can't even begin to compare his personality to Cruz

There is no reason to risk his health just to increase his legacy at FW. He is already the only man other than Aldo to win and defend the belt, and he did it against the man himself! He is solidified as an all time great at the weight, and if moving to LW allows him to continue fighting, do it! I think he will be successful there too... maybe not win a belt but he is young and definitely has the potential to pull it off. But if the docs say no fighting ever again he needs to listen, a transition to the booth or coaching is a lot better than risking your life

DigPvWfU0AEUKFe.jpg

"Back on the mainland for more exams. Thanks @UFC and docs for following through to try and figure this out. Starting to feel better" -Max

Hopefully we see Max vs Ortega that fight would be epic

We cant say its over, he should retire or move up a weight clasd when thare really hasnt even been a diagnosis yet. Give it time before you give up on him or give advice on what he should do.

Nobody in their right mind would ever count Maxy Baby out... but all the support in the world doesn't matter if doctors conclude that fighting would be detrimental to his health. I hope that's not the case because he is a certified beast and I love watching him fight. We can only hope.
Get well soon, champ. I hope he genuinely is "blessed"

He'll be back.

Probably at 55 though.

Back