Update on Max Holloway.

The guy has probably had a few good paydays that make his bank account really great for his age. The smart play would be to call it a career, go out on top, and become a coach or something.

See sherdoggers LOVE to talk shit, but the actual FIGHTERS should look to Conor as a goal. Get in, get money, get out. With your health. Obviously the just bleed neckbeard virgins will want you to keep going until you cant remember your birthday, but that's stupid.

This cuck figures out a way to bring up Conor in every thread LOL

very curious to find out what the issues were here.

Damn, max still has that slight look in his eyes, like he had weeks ago, but just no way as bad atleast.

I am hoping this was just a bad concussion amplified from the training :( He is a good dude and an entertaining champ, I don't want to see him go out like this.

Conor’s weakness is his ground game. Max has none. It would go like the first fight and Conor would piece him up on the feet mate

<6>
You forget about 1 thing. Their first fight was 3 rounds and very green Max. The skill gap back then was big. New Max and 5 rounds, he will beat Conor.

My favorite fighter after Jones fucked up the second time. Fuck i was way more excited to see him fight than DC.

Wish him fast recovery and the best!
Get well, WAR MAX!

God's plan. Wishing Max a speedy recovery.
giphy.gif

Just move up a weight class... He probably cuts from 180 or 170. Thats straight up disgusting.

I wish him a full and speedy recovery. If he has to come back at 155, so be it, he would still be successful. Hope his brain is OK.

I have some medical knowledge (not a doctor but related to my work) and in my opinion it can be 3 things:

- a mild stroke (career ending)
- an underlying heart condition (not career ending if can be surgically corrected)
- a severe concussion suffered in recent training (not career ending if symptoms clear completely).

All 3 conditions can be triggered or exponentially aggravated by dehydration, so Max's crazy weight cuts certainly were a contributing factor to whichever problem has affected him.

All 3 conditions are no joke, so all we can do is wish him first of all a clear diagnosis, towards hopefully an effective treatment and a full recovery. After that, if he will be able to return to fighting then he must absolutely go up in weight!

What about a mild stroke makes it career ending as opposed to the other two possibilities you suggest? (Not questioning your opinion btw, more curious as to the long term effects of strokes and why they couldnt be managed)

What about a mild stroke makes it career ending as opposed to the other two possibilities you suggest? (Not questioning your opinion btw, more curious as to the long term effects of strokes and why they couldnt be managed)

Mini stroke (assuming that's what you mean by mild stroke) means that it is very likely you'll get a full stroke in the future. Which is very serious and life threatening.

I hope he take all the time he needs. There is no rush to get back.

Mild strokes are often precursors of major ones or at least indicate a strong susceptibility, therefore any kind of stressful physical activity is to be avoided, especially one requiring getting hit in the head.

Back on the mainland for more exams. Thanks @UFC and docs for following through to try and figure this out. Starting to feel better #stillblessed

Happy for him.

Man, so fucked up though. Max is an exciting fighter at the top of his game... the division is becoming one of the best in the UFC and this happens....
I was really pumped for Max & ortega!!

He needs to move up. He cant make that weight anymore. He's gonna fuck his body up.

Seriously doubt it’s a stroke. Precursors to stroke episodes would have been noted by now in his med exams. Severe concussion is my guess, he has all the symptoms, and it is likely based on his sport and training regimen.

Hope he takes all the time he needs to heal up and get healthy then moves to 155.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back