Update on Max Holloway.

In my uneducatd opinion and I am just spit balling here but I reckon it is a heart issue that the weight cutting brought to the forefront.

I don’t think it is likely to be CTE as tue symptoms are much slower to show themselves.

I hope he heals and it turns out to be a virus that kicked his ass or something.

Goodluck Max please come back healthy and if not.... best wishes to you.

Are his issues due to severe dehydration from weight cut, from accumulated head trauma, or both? I havent followed this story much

They Honestly don’t know. The weight cut seemed to make the symptoms worse..... Honestly no clue but if I had to guess I would say heart issue.

He looks to be in pretty bad shape. I have the feeling that he's done actually.

Max should learn how to do the stockton slap. It fits his rangy come at me style well

giphy.gif
Was that guys spine fucked after that lol?

I have some medical knowledge (not a doctor but related to my work) and in my opinion it can be 3 things:

- a mild stroke (career ending)
- an underlying heart condition (not career ending if can be surgically corrected)
- a severe concussion suffered in recent training (not career ending if symptoms clear completely).

All 3 conditions can be triggered or exponentially aggravated by dehydration, so Max's crazy weight cuts certainly were a contributing factor to whichever problem has affected him.

All 3 conditions are no joke, so all we can do is wish him first of all a clear diagnosis, towards hopefully an effective treatment and a full recovery. After that, if he will be able to return to fighting then he must absolutely go up in weight!

Man hes only starting to feel better NOW? Thats beyond concerning. Hoping he didnt do irreversible damage. From what I heard he suffereda minor stroke which in my eyes has to alter a career. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Blessed is one of the real ones in this game of pussies and hypejobs.
I was just about to write the same thing. Like 2 weeks passed since that card.

Where did you hear about the stroke?

Dude has some serious problems and might need to take half of year or more from any kind of sparring. I hope he returns quickly, awesome to watch him fight.

I was just about to write the same thing. Like 2 weeks passed since that card.

Where did you hear about the stroke?

Dude has some serious problems and might need to take half of year or more from any kind of sparring. I hope he returns quickly, awesome to watch him fight.

I forget I think maybe Ariel or Sonnen said that there were rumors going around that doctors said he suffered a minor stroke.

There’s no evidence of any concussion and the symptoms generally wouldn’t last this long.
Everything points to him just fuckin up his weigh cut/ trying to cut too much and if so as good as a dude as max is. He deserves no sympathy for that.

I really wonder how hes training camp looked like. The fighter that mma media praises as mma best striker shows up to a fight with concussion like syndrom? Did he fly in pro boxers and kickboxers for hes camp?
Hope he recovers, but do we want to see him fight again? Doctors basicly cleared him for the fight after he contacted the hospital with synptoms and it was hes team that pulled the plug. Do we trust the doctors that basicly knows 2% about the brain?

There’s no evidence of any concussion and the symptoms generally wouldn’t last this long.
Everything points to him just fuckin up his weigh cut/ trying to cut too much and if so as good as a dude as max is. He deserves no sympathy for that.

when Conor is being classy, you know something real has gone down.

Back