UFC wants Belfort VS. Machida For The 9 Nov brazilian card!

I don't know. I've lost interest in Machida. I think he's a top LHW, but he needs to evolve. His fighting style is costing him fights. It's frustrating to watch someone so good underperform.

There will be two brazilian cards in like a month? Fight night 29 in Oct and a ppv in November?

TRT-nom all day baby.

Hope this happens. Especially at 185.

Only way Machida wins this fight is by running from Vitor for 5 rounds and coming off with a decision. For me, dont think Machida can go a possible 25 mins without getting clipped. Belfort by vicious knockout.

i'm sure it will be Free card

unless they want Wand vs Franklin type PPV buys...

Thing is theres already a free card in Brazil on Oct 9. And ppvs are scheduled until December. This article is weird. Im gonna wait for something more legit than an article talking about a ppv card that doesnt exist before drawing any conclusion about the fight itself.

Thing is theres already a free card in Brazil on Oct 9. And ppvs are scheduled until December. This article is weird. Im gonna wait for something more legit than an article talking about a ppv card that doesnt exist before drawing any conclusion about the fight itself.

read before that UFC wanted to set Belfort-Mousasi for November free card in Brazil but Mou was injured

They wanted Kennedy vs Belfort too on the same card but Belfort declined

Machida's been playing it way too safe his past couple of fights, which makes it hard for me to get excited for this potential match-up (or any match-up involving Machida).

Who mentioned Rampage? I'm referring to the Bader fight which was a year ago who got ko'd whilst lunging in against Machida, which Vitor also has a tendency to do. Machida and Silva have similar fighting styles (Sans Silva tomfoolery) thus I expect a similar result.

What about Machida's more recent fights against Hendo and Phil Davis where he's looked anything but engaging? Why is it his fight with Bader that you're zeroing in on? Also, I'm not sure I really buy the logic that because Bader = Vitor and Machida = Silva, Machida > Vitor. Machida's nowhere near as potent a finisher as Silva and Vitor's a much better striker than Bader.

That's how they can sell tickets. If people can't see this I don't know what to say. Even there last didn't do well with Machida and Aldo.

Belfort puts asses in seats and allows them to go global. Rony Jason only fights in Brazil as well. It's just how the UFC is doing things right now.

Lorenzo has basically been living in Brazil for months. It's the market they badly want and Belfort is getting it done.

GSP fought in Canada for more straight fights than Vitor has. That's how you go to new markets.

Exactly. Blind hate is not making them think. UFC knows what they're doing.

i'd be much more interested in belfort v hendo. say what you want about hendo's losing streak, but at least he will come to fight.

Back