UFC wants Belfort VS. Machida For The 9 Nov brazilian card!

iLikeBirds

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
lyotomachida-ufc-get.jpg

Duel between Brazilian is being internally considered and could be the main event of November 9, in Goiania. Weight needs to be discussed.

A spectacular fight between two of the biggest names in MMA in Brazil entered the UFC's plans in recent days and is being greatly entertained internally. The desire of the organization is to score Vitor Belfort vs. Lyoto Machida for the end of the year in Brazilian soil, as Combate.com found with sources close to the Ultimate. If confirmed, it is likely that the duel is the main attraction of the event that has already been agreed for November 9, in Goi

Belfort by KO or a stupid split decision going either way.

Combate.com claims that the fight, which would take place November 9th in Brazil would be Ultimate's attempt to get their events on Brazil to meet their public/money/PPV expectations (UFC 163 had a lot of tickets that haven't been sold and the demand for Glover X Bader is still low).

Apparentely Lyoto said that he is professional and that he would fight him with no problems. Vitor said he hasn't been officially contacted yet.

It's not clear yet if it would be on a catchweight or Middleweight.

What you guys think?

Source: http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...-do-ultimate-para-o-fim-do-ano-no-brasil.html

Cool fight. I imagine Lyoto would be able to evade Belfort and counterstrike him to a late stoppage or another decision.

Lyoto by boring split decision or UD. Its basically Machida vs Henderson again

Machida about to go 2-7. Surely needs to be cut?

Belfort will put him to sleep.

That would be an interesting matchup. I'm sure Machida will study the Spider front kick for inspiration but add a karate kid twist. Belfort will probably want to face off against Mousasi now. :icon_lol:

Why must I cry. Too much for me to take.

Belfort in Brazil again...

Anyway to keep Belfort in Brazil it seems.

Makes sense for him to fight Machida buy not Mousasi ..GTFO

They wanna get rid of Belfort as a contender. He has 2 rounds to finish Machida or he loses and since it's over 5 rounds he gets probably stopped

Back