UFC wants Belfort VS. Machida For The 9 Nov brazilian card!

Nice. I'd love to see this fight

I hear odds makers are now putting two lines for Belfort. There is TRT Belfort at -110, and normal Belfort at +200.

Excellent match-up that should draw a lot of interest in Brazil. I'll take Belfort by TKO.

cool to see Machida gets another big fight. Hopefully it is at a lower weight than 205 lbs

Machida about to go 2-7. Surely needs to be cut?

Belfort will put him to sleep.

Wat? 3-4 in has last 7 you mean? one being a bs decision that the president himself scored for lyoto? GTFO

I don't like it. They are friends and I prefer to see Belfort fight Weidman while Machida gets a rematch against Davis since he got ripped off so bad.

I would prefer Machida fight Mousasi at 185 while Vitor gets a shot at winner of Silva/Weidman. But Vitor vs machida is a dream match. To bad it couldnt have happened earlier.

I think Vitor Belfort can pull this off nowadays, cuz he is no longer a hailmary punch seeker.. he is more of a smart fighter searching for ko's

Dont kid yourself. This will be Machida vs hendo all over.

Please, tell me why you think this.

They gave him a title shot coming off of only one win against Couture. He got destroyed, and then they offered him a rematch after a single victory against Bader, which Machida declined. Then they gave him Hendo who was not only considered by many the #1 contender but the best matchup style wise for Lyoto in the top ten. They were going to give him another shot if he beat Davis.
Just for the record, Lyoto has never been given a legitimate title shot. His two shots were as late replacements, as was the offer to rematch Jones which he turned down.

From what I've seen, UFC does not really like Machida. He's almost always healthy and they only give him a fight every 8 months or so.

Just for the record, Lyoto has never been given a legitimate title shot. His two shots were as late replacements, as was the offer to rematch Jones which he turned down.

From what I've seen, UFC does not really like Machida. He's almost always healthy and they only give him a fight every 8 months or so.

They don't. It shows.

Better matchup for Machida than Mousasi if you ask me.

People will point to the second Shogun match no doubt but the clear differences for me are...

1.Vitor doesn't have Shogun's chin/heart.

2.Vitor doesn't have 2009/10 Shogun's MT game.

The reason Machida got KTFO in the rematch was IMHO that he was forced to push forward by the threat of Shogun's lowkicks, he knew a second gift decision was unlikely so pushed forward and got caught.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back