UFC wants Belfort VS. Machida For The 9 Nov brazilian card!

Do people still get excited for machida fights?

Odd fight to make. Maybe they're looking to set Machida up for MW title contention.

They wanna get rid of Belfort as a contender. He has 2 rounds to finish Machida or he loses and since it's over 5 rounds he gets probably stopped

Interesting point. I agree, that since Belfort is arguably on a first relevant MW win streak in his career (over actual Top 10 MW in Bisping and Rockhold, not Sexyama and Rumble), his case for being a contender is hard to argue. Were he to lose to Machida, he probably goes to the end of the line. Arguably, nothing short of a spectacular win over Machida will keep him in conversation as a contender.

I hope for a Machida knockout if it happens

No. In light of recent circumstances Machida will be more engaging, and by that I mean counter-strike and KO Vitor ala Bader.

The Rampage fight was 3 years ago, what recent circumstances are you talking about?

Yoooo that would be Barney Stinson awesome my Dudes. The battle of the Blitz

It has the potential to be legen...wait for it...you might want to skip this part if you're lactose intolerant...dairy. Suit up!

aint nobody not time fo Machida, if he cant ko you, he always goes to a controversial decision

The Rampage fight was 3 years ago, what recent circumstances are you talking about?

Who mentioned Rampage? I'm referring to the Bader fight which was a year ago who got ko'd whilst lunging in against Machida, which Vitor also has a tendency to do. Machida and Silva have similar fighting styles (Sans Silva tomfoolery) thus I expect a similar result.

I HATE to say it, but ... shit ... Belfort via R1 KO.

Ugh. I feel dirty.

War Dragon. :(

I really hope this comes to fruition.

I'm a fan of both.

I bet though this doesn't eventuate for some stupid reason.

Unless it's at MW I don't give a fuck about this fight. Stupid matchup with no benefit for either fighter. Machida needs to cut with some urgency and Belfort needs to let go of the pipe dream that is getting a second shot at Jones. 185 or bust, gentlemen.

Aren't they "friends" or something

This fight will go either like this

bullfighting.jpg

or like this

ecuador-bullfighting-2010-12-6-18-50-0.jpg

If it aint a 5 rounder, then I dont want to see it. In fact, I don't want to see Machida fight in a 3 round fight anymore.

Back