UFC Fox 25 - Weidman vs Gastelum - Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Whittaker barely beat Nadal. I've almost completely stopped paying attention to one off performances that happen years ago when capping fights now

Fair point, although I thought Whittaker won that fight 30-27 while Gastelum lost to Magny (debatable I know). And I think the Magny fight is particularly relevant to the discussion here because it showed us a weakness in Gastelum's game where Weidman excels.

Also going to be looking at cummins vs villante. I think cummins is going to sleep.

From memory villante gasses, which would be my only concern against a wrestler with crappy striking like cummins. Chin is not solid, but that shouldn't matter against cummins

Last edited:
Pretty sure Luca is going to bet weidman in the next few days. So if you're playing him get your bets in. If you're playing kg, hold off

what makes you say that

Weidman has had cardio issues and struggled to hold mousasi down

Kg all day for me

what makes you say that

He has tells. He does it almost every fight. He can't help himself.

I'm sure he lurks here. His ego needs it and he's an internet junkie. Researches fights for a living. Likes to read about what others think of him.

But I think it's a smart way to play the fight. Kg has live bet written all over him in this fight. Weidman is a front runner and I don't know that he's ever lost a first Round

Fair point, although I thought Whittaker won that fight 30-27 while Gastelum lost to Magny (debatable I know). And I think the Magny fight is particularly relevant to the discussion here because it showed us a weakness in Gastelum's game where Weidman excels.

True but weidmans cardio
Is nowhere near as good as Magnys

I can't get a beat on Oezdemir.. Is this guy actually any good? He did not impress vs OSP, who I have maintained is an awful fighter from the very start. Got lucky (i wanna say?) Last time out.... Thoughts on him vs Jimiboy?

I can't get a beat on Oezdemir.. Is this guy actually any good? He did not impress vs OSP, who I have maintained is an awful fighter from the very start. Got lucky (i wanna say?) Last time out.... Thoughts on him vs Jimiboy?

Jimi will KO him.

Ozed is pretty good. You need to bear in mind OSP isn't good but at the same time he is a dangerous matchup for anyone. Just look how bad the GOAT JJ looked against OSP...

Ozed is never going to be top top tier but he is live vs. most anyone. I think Ozed is very live v. Manuwa and is tough as hell.

We can say his win v. Misha was "fluke" but at the end of the day he still beat the guy...

Jimi will KO him.

Its a fine bet. OTOH if Jimi struggles in r1 and can't find the KO I can see this fight looking similar to Ozed v. OSP with Ozed grinding out an ugly decision.

27/37 - 10 yr. age gap is significant so have to think Ozed be lookin fresher come r3.

Its a fine bet. OTOH if Jimi struggles in r1 and can't find the KO I can see this fight looking similar to Ozed v. OSP with Ozed grinding out an ugly decision.

27/37 - 10 yr. age gap is significant so have to think Ozed be lookin fresher come r3.

Good point but has Jimi shown any cardio issues in the past? I still need to watch tape so I don't recall, however, Ozed was absolutely fucked in the OSP fight and despite being a short notice fight he was already in camp for a Titan FC HW title fight. Even if it does go late, I still see Jimi having good success with his striking.

Ozed is pretty good. You need to bear in mind OSP isn't good but at the same time he is a dangerous matchup for anyone. Just look how bad the GOAT JJ looked against OSP...

Ozed is never going to be top top tier but he is live vs. most anyone. I think Ozed is very live v. Manuwa and is tough as hell.

We can say his win v. Misha was "fluke" but at the end of the day he still beat the guy...

Had more to do with Jones than OSP though. Someone with similar size and strength will always make Jones look worse (See Gustaffson) That couple with the time off.. OSP still fucking sucks.

Junior Albini (fighting Timothy Johnson)
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Junior-Albini-67923

Some footage of him here:

some longer shaky cam fights here:

A big 6.3" 26 year old hw, seems to keep his hands low, basic striking overall has some take downs but not set up the best, tends to use his weight and position more for top control. Prefers ji jitsu also, lots of triangles thrown up from bottom position with good success but against low competition.

I think he's a good boxer who slows down. I like Jimi at first glance.

Alright. I'm nervous I might've jumped the gun on Cummins. Might be safer to live bet him after rd 1, anyway... Hedging half...

Kelvin gastelum is a 100% lock there's literally no way he loses
giphy.gif

Alright. I'm nervous I might've jumped the gun on Cummins. Might be safer to live bet him after rd 1, anyway... Hedging half...

My biggest concern with Villante is if Cummins tries to chain some takedowns or put him against the fence he might gas HARD. Cummins chin can definitely get cracked but if you don't follow through right after he will keep coming forward. That fight is a really tough one to pick IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back