UFC Fox 25 - Weidman vs Gastelum - Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao, watching Nadal's opponent Anders vs Kirk, and Kirk shoots a TD on the ref. Not sure if he was that out of it or just that desperate to stop the fight

Off topic but does anyone know if 5dimes still has that promo where they credit you if you refer someone and they make an account?

Off topic but does anyone know if 5dimes still has that promo where they credit you if you refer someone and they make an account?

You cna still refer people but it doesnt give you any credit AFAIK.

My biggest concern with Villante is if Cummins tries to chain some takedowns or put him against the fence he might gas HARD. Cummins chin can definitely get cracked but if you don't follow through right after he will keep coming forward. That fight is a really tough one to pick IMO.

even if villante gasses he'll be hard to takedown and will retain his power. cummins' margin for error is very small - he has to avoid getting tagged for 15 mins which i don't think he's capable of doing. one clean shot from villante and it's likely night night.

no problem for me playing gian at pick 'em.

Man, I love backing Elkins, but I think Bermudez takes this one without too much trouble. Elkins thrives on guys that gas and he can eventually break. You can crack Bermudez's chin, but I don't think you are going to grind that guy out or gas him out.

Man, I love backing Elkins, but I think Bermudez takes this one without too much trouble. Elkins thrives on guys that gas and he can eventually break. You can crack Bermudez's chin, but I don't think you are going to grind that guy out or gas him out.

Worst possible matchup for Elkins, what's his path to victory? Kawajiri, who is a lot stronger than Elkins tried to grind on Bermudez and couldn't.
I'm 5u deep on Bermudez, I'm very confident on him.

Worst possible matchup for Elkins, what's his path to victory? Kawajiri, who is a lot stronger than Elkins tried to grind on Bermudez and couldn't.

I agree, I'm 2.5U on him even if he is lower than I wanted at 1.40. But I expect him to be better down to like 1.25 or so at fight time. Elkins got that Hail Mary against Belkic but what would the odds be for this fight if he didn't get that third round finish?

i agree, it's a bad matchup on paper for elkins.

but bermudez RARELY has a clean victory. even in a lot of his wins, the dude gets clipped. he's such a pressure fighter. he puts himself in harm's way a lot... so it's hard to lay over 2:1 for me practically ever...

but yea.. he's kind of a faster/stronger version of elkins... with better hands...

Only thing that worries me is Dennis' fight IQ. Guaranteed to brain fart 2-3 times minimum over 15 mins. Other than that, agree with you guys.

Eryk Anders
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Eryk-Anders-93407

-7-0
-Nogi Pan Ams (ji jitsu competitons) won bronze and silver
-Golden gloves champ
-LFA champ
-purple belt bjj

Some of his YT fights:

Last fight:
(2.12 seconds into HLs)
2016 fight:

His opponent attempts to take down the referee)

bonus:
HL Reel mainly all the stuff from before:

Looks quite large and muscular but slow moving with ok pace, likes high pressure and mixing in his striking well to work on his take downs which look all power & strength driven. Ok gnp also.

Eryk Anders was a linebacker for Alabama. It is very clear with his athleticism when he fights.

Can't trust Dennis or Gian but god damn do I want to

Discussion on Burgos vs Pepe? I really don't think Burgos looses this one I think this would be an easier fight than his last to be honest

Ok, I've been sounding like a broken record betting on Weidman last couple of fights. But I feel he takes this!

2u Weidman

But! If it goes into the 3rd round I'm hedging with Gastelum

Start time 4 PM EST

Chris Weidman vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Dennis Bermudez vs. Darren Elkins
Patrick Cummins vs. Gian Villante
Jimmie Rivera vs. Thomas Almeida
Lyman Good vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Rafael Natal vs. Eryk Anders
Ryan LaFlare vs. Alex Oliveira
Damian Grabowski vs. Chase Sherman
Kyle Bochniak vs. Jeremy Kennedy