UFC Fox 25 - Weidman vs Gastelum - Long Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to like favour Villante at evens or dog odds, hard to see Cummins going three rounds with getting his chin touched, and when it does it'll be lights out.

Also the u1.5 at +150 could be tempting if it gets a bit higher. Gian could easily KO Pat in the first round if he can't get the TD.

You think Oliveira will be the favorite for sure? If he is, I don't think it will be by much. Laflare has always got respect with the odds and only lost to Maia (surviving 5 rounds).

Laflare always gets big respect in the odds. He's one of the more well rounded strikers in the division, good defense, solid angles, great varity, just lacking the power. Also a very technical wrestler. Will be technique vs strength and power in this one.

Laflare always gets big respect in the odds. He's one of the more well rounded strikers in the division, good defense, solid angles, great varity, just lacking the striking. Also a very technical wrestler. Will be technique vs strength and power in this one.

Agreed. Not sure how odds will drop on that one. I don't think either will be favored by much.

I'd be slightly worried about Gian in Rd 3. He can gas pretty hard, and I wouldn't be shocked to see him get pounded out.
Fair point to consider. Villantes cardio is complete garbage and his chin isn't the greatest either.

I'd be slightly worried about Gian in Rd 3. He can gas pretty hard, and I wouldn't be shocked to see him get pounded out.

Did finish Beastin' 25/8 in the third though, and you would think he'd have had the advantage and ability to beast way longer than Villante

Guys, lets talk about other fights... like someone mentioned its turning to a ferguson-kebab thread.
There are other fights !
My first lock is Jimmie Riviera against Almeida
not a good idea to talk about fights that don't have odds yet

eyes and ears everywhere...

This card has fantastic live betting potential. Marathonbet gonna hate me after this one.

not a good idea to talk about fights that don't have odds yet

eyes and ears everywhere...
Yeah, better to talk about Weidman-Gastelum for next 30 pages.
Fuck the odds right now, its important to talk about every fight.

Yeah, better to talk about Weidman-Gastelum for next 30 pages.
Fuck the odds right now, its important to talk about every fight.

Oh yeah, odds doesn't matter at all.. Especially when you can fuck them up to talk about odds that's dropping in two days maximum. We won't have time to wait!!

Oh yeah, odds doesn't matter at all.. Especially when you can fuck them up to talk about odds that's dropping in two days maximum. We won't have time to wait!!
Odds matters but better to talk about other fights already. Weidman with Gastelum have already 9 fuckin pages dude

do you think that Kalikas lurks here?

do you think that Kalikas lurks here?
Where else would he lurk? I'm serious.

There's plenty to talk about in Bermudez vs Elkins.

Where else would he lurk? I'm serious.

There's plenty to talk about in Bermudez vs Elkins.

Ok. I got you.
It was very weird when we started praising Gregor Gillespie here, and he opened as a -170 favourite against Holbrook when we all thought that he was going to open at dog odds.

Cardio, durability, and tenacity without a doubt go to Cummins. Unfortunately, he also has the advantage of being very easy to punch in the face.

I wouldn't say Villante isn't as durable as Cummins. He is defensively vulnerable though.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on Weidman/Gastelum?

This fight is probably one of those that I'm least confident in. I played Weidman and then likely play fight ends ITD in a parlay. I'd play either as a dog. Weidman's size could present some issues for Gastelum. His grappling may give Gastelum fits early too. I also think Weidman's power can wobble Gastelum if he connects. I'm just not so sure Gastelum at MW is going to be the best for his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back