UFC cut Okami for no reason, and then brought him back to headline

They get regional cans literally every place they go to get the crowd cheering for their people, complete with favorable match ups and home town cooking refs/judging. Idky this card would be any different.

A fighter that I know, who has fought in Bellator and had ties with the fight world, told me once that when the organizations go outside the US, they hire a local (and well connected) match-maker to fill up the undercards.
That is why you get on every International card guys whom nobody has heard of, guys that only fight when the organization goes to that very same place (or area), etc.

long time ago people kept on saying he should move up to 205
Although with that said you're not wrong
He probably should have moved up a while ago. Guys always try to drop divisions to give their careers a shot in the arm but we all saw with AJ how cutting can limit a fighter's potential.

That said he's going to be much smaller come fight night so the physical, grinding approach he favours might not pan out too well.

He probably should have moved up a while ago. Guys always try to drop divisions to give their careers a shot in the arm but we all saw with AJ how cutting can limit a fighter's potential.

That said he's going to be much smaller come fight night so the physical, grinding approach he favours might not pan out too well.

Okami doesn't look THAT small here but OSP is probably going to put on a little size by fight time.

If he does good though I hope he stays at 205

relax his best win was a split over munoz
nah, probably the unanimous over prime marquardt.

okami has been around forever and has a bunch of solid wins, while staying in the top 10 for most of his career too.

stick to fight finder lil boy.

relax his best win was a split over munoz

No its not, and you probably didnt even watch the fight nor know who Cecil Peoples is.

By the way Muñoz went 7-1 in his firs run at 185 in UFC only losing to Yushin Okami and wining Demian Maia right after.

nah, probably the unanimous over prime marquardt.

oh shit nate marquardt was his best win? my bad

jRL640w_700wa_0.gif

I know its japan, but osp needed a better test to see where he stands

Do you people just never watch sports? The Okami cut made sense, as did bringing him back for this event. I mean, I was against it, because I'm an Okami fan.
Older athletes are cut or traded all the time, prior to being way past their prime, because everyone can see the cliff coming. Okami had a great run in the UFC, but he was pretty much done when he and the UFC parted ways.

Last edited:
Okami is one of the best MW's to ever compete in the UFC. Might not be the most entertaining fighter, but look at his resume and the people he lost to.

Stateside commissions can request the public disclosure of fight purses, but the disclosure is only required in states that specifically request them. States like New York and several others (Kentucky? Tennessee? And others I can't remember) don't care. And outside of the states, the UFC is bound by a country's athletic commission if the country has one, and if they don't, they can act as their own commission (which includes ref choice, judges, etc). They had some controversy in Macau when Dana benched a judge during an event because that judge screwed up two fights in a row.

which countries don't have one that UFC has been to.. just curious if you would know that ?

Back