UFC cut Okami for no reason, and then brought him back to headline

Young highly ranked 205lb contender OSP vs old unranked former WSOF welterweight title Challenger Okami and the sad part is that Okami has a decent chance.
More than decent. I would pick him if it wasn't a short notice fight.

I wanna see Yushin suddenly have an aggressive killer instinct finishing style.

okami is a dirty whore with no self respect coming back like that.

Always been a big Okami fan. Hopefully he gets a decent payday here for saving the card and hopefully a win on top of that. Hopefully after this he goes back to 185 where I think he's still top 15 in the world. I think he is/was too drained at 170 to make any waves.

Simple the main event fell apart is in Japan they needed a replacement so Okami stepped up for some extra pay and chance to get back in the UFC. Trust me if shogun is fighting UFC wouldn't think about Okami.

He can pull out at the last minute for no reason as revenge.

When asked via Twitter why he released Okami, UFC President Dana White remarked "Our roster is packed." When asked by Yahoo Sports why he was releasing a highly ranked fighter who had won three of his last four bouts, White responded: "He was always a tough guy and was right up there, but it's almost like he'd become a gatekeeper. I like Okami, and you've heard me say this many times, that a win over Yushin Okami meant something ... But he was never able to get over the hump and win one of those [significant] fights. We have a lot of guys coming in and I've been saying this all year: We have a full roster and there are guys who deserve opportunities. When you bring guys in, someone has to go. That's why these fights are so meaningful."

So, that's why according to wiki. And they only brought him back for this card because he didn't need to get a Japanese visa on a week's notice to save the card.

Bisping should have been cut a long time ago then.

They cut him because UFC brass saw him as "boring" and they didn't want him knocking off contenders. They don't want him being a "championship gatekeeper". That's why guys like Bader, Phil Davis, Shields and MacDonald weee let go. Those guys could beat everyone else in the division but not the current champions at that time. No one wants to see GSP vs Shields 4 with GSP winning all 3 previous type of scenario.

Bisping should have been cut a long time ago then.
Ehhhhh, Bisping only lost to the upper echelon of the division and the UFC brass wants a UK market. Who better to do so than Bisping.

okami is a dirty whore with no self respect coming back like that.

Should Okami be complaining on social media about how unfair life is? He has the opportunity to fight home in a big event and get paid a decent amount of money for it (I assume)

Should Okami be complaining on social media about how unfair life is? He has the opportunity to fight home in a big event and get paid a decent amount of money for it (I assume)

Is it safe to assume Okami is getting paid good or are you making an ASS out of U and ME for believing the Baldfather's Lies?

Is it safe to assume Okami is getting paid good or are you making an ASS out of U and ME for believing the Baldfather's Lies?

He accepted to fight, right? That means he agreed with his salary. I don't think he is starving to death.
And yes, the UFC should pay better.

How does USADA work with Okami? I thought they had to be testing you for 4 months prior to fighting? Am I wrong?

Back