Ufc base pay

those are countries where the "docs" don't go through a quarter of the schooling and residency training that docs in the U.S. do and they don't shell out anywhere close to what docs do for schooling in the U.S. Silly coment M8
Cuban doctors make 26 dollars a month and their schooling and training is comparable to the United States'.

To the poster who said we shouldn’t care about fighter pay.
1. May of us have good friends/family who are fighters. We care. Accept it,
2. Fighters are sacrificing their formative adult years to the sport. Most young men and women in their 20’s are going to college, building a resume, acquiring life and work skills. Fighters are fighting (some also go to school congruently, but that is the exception not the norm)
3. Fighter careers are short, unpredictable, and unfortunately often subject to the whims and politics or promoters/managers. It’s not just about skill and “wanting it”.
3. Many fighters exit their fight career with little to no marketable real world skills. Having “pro fighter” and food service jobs on your resume at 30 is unlikely to land you a great job.
4. As a fan who cares about the sport, you should also care to a certain point about the health and welfare of the athletes in it.
5. Many fighters exit their career with injuries (including head injuries) that make them unable to do trade or labour jobs. The human body can only take so much in a lifetime and fighters reach that threshold at a young age.
6. Glory, memories and a shiny belt may make nice photos, Garner a slap on the back and maybee even get a guy laid a few times, but it won’t feed the kids or pay the mortgage.

As a fight fan, if you don’t care about the health and welfare (and pay) of fighters..you’re just a special kind of lowlife human.

Much like music and movies, you better have a back up plan, because 95% of them are going to fail, and make no money. These people go in knowing the costs. Not saying they shouldn't get more, but also I cannot feel extremely bad for people going into a career or job etc knowing full well they may never make it, or they may never get the big pay days. Further more, why is it just because a fighter fights for two or three years or possibly two or three or four or five fights under UFC should they all of a sudden be set up for life? Just saying, while I do agree pay is def not what it should be, there also has to be some kind of responsibility set on the fighters themselves.

Much like music and movies, you better have a back up plan, because 95% of them are going to fail, and make no money. These people go in knowing the costs. Not saying they shouldn't get more, but also I cannot feel extremely bad for people going into a career or job etc knowing full well they may never make it, or they may never get the big pay days. Further more, why is it just because a fighter fights for two or three years or possibly two or three or four or five fights under UFC should they all of a sudden be set up for life? Just saying, while I do agree pay is def not what it should be, there also has to be some kind of responsibility set on the fighters themselves.

Its humorous that the same people that say "MMA will never be more than a niche sport" think the pay should be more than a niche sport.

of course they can pay more
I post the low % yearly pay constantly

But some talk out of both sides ;)

Set up for life??? Umm...nobody said that. Being paid decently and compensated for unexpected things (like injury related to
The job) should be standard however. The sport would not exist without these athletes yet at some UFC events the ring girls are getting paid more than the undercard fighters .

Cuban doctors make 26 dollars a month and their schooling and training is comparable to the United States'.
Cubans also get free housing, water and basic rations.

Set up for life??? Umm...nobody said that. Being paid decently and compensated for unexpected things (like injury related to
The job) should be standard however. The sport would not exist without these athletes yet at some UFC events the ring girls are getting paid more than the undercard fighters .

I agree in principle but the RC girls get less per event
The average pre-pre guy gets $21.5k an event
No ring card girls gets that

But they work more, don’t have to damage their bodies ( unless they get botched plastic surgery or something), and it’s a zero skill job. Britney Palmer makes more being a ring girl in a year than most of the UFC roster .

Its 12/12 now. At UFC 100 (9 years ago) the base was 5/5. In less than an decade base salary has more than doubled. That is an astronomical growth rate, although it could stand to be a bit higher like maybe 18/18.
Only a huge growth because 5&5 is ridiculously low. 10&10 averaged out to a year is still like the income of a call centre operator

But they work more, don’t have to damage their bodies ( unless they get botched plastic surgery or something), and it’s a zero skill job. Britney Palmer makes more being a ring girl in a year than most of the UFC roster .

You said "at some events", I posted that is incorrect

@Nurse Joy
I can't quote you bc you screwed up your post lol

I agree fighters deserve more
but its hard to compare a field where you only make money/work for your boss 2x a year.

It is now $12/12 plus $3500 Reebok
A three fight yearly guarantee
Plus injury insurance

So if a fighter fights 2x & loses once he gets $55k that year
Frankie is right like often. Standards ufc contracts are set at 12k/12k and 3500 reebok sponsorship. They used to do signing bonuses. Dont know if they do that with wme in charge.

those are countries where the "docs" don't go through a quarter of the schooling and residency training that docs in the U.S. do and they don't shell out anywhere close to what docs do for schooling in the U.S. Silly coment M8
Your wrong here! Brother in law is a surgeon in Congo. Has gone through extensive training including in Belgium. The problem is respect of life and quality of life there isn't important. Thus the market not being there.

@Nurse Joy
I can't quote you bc you screwed up your post lol

I agree fighters deserve more
but its hard to compare a field where you only make money/work for your boss 2x a year.
That’s the thing. The pay that they get does not reflect the work they actually do. I’m not sure what the solution is I mean nobody gets paid to train, but I do believe they deserve more than they’re getting especially starting out . Boxing manages to pay much better .

That’s the thing. The pay that they get does not reflect the work they actually do. I’m not sure what the solution is I mean nobody gets paid to train, but I do believe they deserve more than they’re getting especially starting out . Boxing manages to pay much better .

Boxing pays less for pre-pre guys & they don't give a guarantees or injury insurance

Boxing pays less for pre-pre guys & they don't give a guarantees or injury insurance
Depends on the organization. Overall they make more at lower levels, and have better farm support than Mma.

Depends on the organization. Overall they make more at lower levels, and have better farm support than Mma.

Not true
boxing pays better everywhere the low end
Plus no 3 fight guarantee & injury insurance

Back