Ufc base pay

Crazy that in 2018... hasn't increased that much. Better not have a family to support when just entering UFC.
Its literally more than doubled in less than 10 years. I doubt you can find any industry where base pay went up 140% in 9 years. UFC 100 base pay was 5/5, its now 12/12. We can argue that its still to low (compared to regionals/bellator its astronomically high) but to say it has barely increased is a huge fallacy.

Nope. The last event with reported pay was UFC on Fox Poirier/Gathe. All debuting fighters on that card were on 12/12 deals. The only guy not on one was Muslim Salikhov who was on his second ufc fight, his first being in November 2017 when it was 10/10. This shit is so easy to look up why do people keep on saying false things???
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/04/ufc-on-fox-29-salaries-glendale-fight-purses-dustin-poirier
Well it said 10k 10kmpn the website that I saw on, so of course I'll assume that their still doing 10k to 10k
IL athletic commission does not release fighter pay. It's a fake report. The last event that released fighter pay was the one I linked, which clearly shows that debuting fighters got 12/12. Are you this stubborn in every aspect of your life? Someone shows you irrefutable evidence of something but you choose to ignore it because it does not fit your preconceived narrative?
lol y so angry?

Its literally more than doubled in less than 10 years. I doubt you can find any industry where base pay went up 140% in 9 years. UFC 100 base pay was 5/5, its now 12/12. We can argue that its still to low (compared to regionals/bellator its astronomically high) but to say it has barely increased is a huge fallacy.

IMO over-all pay is way too low, but pre-pre guys coming in at $12/12k + $3500 per & injury insurance is not a bad deal

If they go 1-1 they get $55k that year (they get paid 3 fight min)
If they go 2-0, they get $67k
If they prove themselves, they go up, if not they go out.

Fighters I talked to are happier about the insurance while training

Where UFC fucks fighters IMO is the middle to upper tier guys

In some countries, a doc will get under 20k/year.... so yeah... fighter pay is LOOOOOOW ... fuck it, I've never seen a fighter who is concerned that other joes are underpaid or mistreated... Fuck this fighter pay SHIT.
In some countries they stone women to death for adultery, lets stick with the reality of the situation ffs.

It’s not enough. Most pro Mma guys don’t have side jobs. Fighting IS their job. And unless you’re really good at schmoozing for sponsors or you have generous friends and family (or a ring biter gf willing to support them hopin one day they Will cash in on the fame/money/glory)most of them can’t survive and end up retiring so they can eat. Joe Rogan talks all the time about the fighters that could have been great if they didn’t get Injured. I’d say many more could have been world champions if they didn’t have to eat and have money for health care.

IMO over-all pay is way too low, but pre-pre guys coming in at $12/12k + $3500 per & injury insurance is not a bad deal

If they go 1-1 they get $55k that year (they get paid 3 fight min)
If they go 2-0, they get $67k
If they prove themselves, they go up, if not they go out.

Fighters I talked to are happier about the insurance while training

Where UFC fucks fighters IMO is the middle to upper tier guys
Yea I would agree. Going from regionals to UFC is a huge pay bump and the guys on top make 100k+ with champs doing 250k-3M base salaries now. I think a great event to see the levels is Poirier/Pettis from last November.
  • Dustin Poirier: $130,000 ($65,000 win bonus) def. Anthony Pettis: $135,000
  • Matt Brown: $150,000 ($75,000 win bonus) def. Diego Sanchez: $95,000
  • Andrei Arlovski: $250,000 (no win bonus) def. Júnior Albini: $12,000
  • Cezar Ferreira: $78,000 ($39,000 win bonus) def. Nate Marquardt: $68,000
  • Raphael Assunção: $113,600 ($55,000 win bonus) def. Matthew Lopez: $26,400 ^
  • Clay Guida: $114,000 ($57,000 win bonus) def. Joe Lauzon: $62,000
  • Marlon Moraes: $140,000 ($70,000 win bonus) def. John Dodson: $41,000
  • Tatiana Suarez: $50,000 ($25,000 win bonus) def. Viviane Pereira: $14,000
  • Sage Northcutt: $120,000 ($60,000 win bonus) def. Michel Quiñones: $10,000
  • Nina Ansaroff: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Angela Hill: $21,000
  • Sean Strickland: $64,000 ($32,000 win bonus) def. Court McGee: $35,000
  • Jake Collier: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Marcel Fortuna: $14,000
  • Karl Roberson: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Darren Stewart: $10,000

the "middle" range fighters made anywhere from 25/25 to 95/95.

Yea I would agree. Going from regionals to UFC is a huge pay bump and the guys on top make 100k+ with champs doing 250k-3M base salaries now. I think a great event to see the levels is Poirier/Pettis from last November.
  • Dustin Poirier: $130,000 ($65,000 win bonus) def. Anthony Pettis: $135,000
  • Matt Brown: $150,000 ($75,000 win bonus) def. Diego Sanchez: $95,000
  • Andrei Arlovski: $250,000 (no win bonus) def. Júnior Albini: $12,000
  • Cezar Ferreira: $78,000 ($39,000 win bonus) def. Nate Marquardt: $68,000
  • Raphael Assunção: $113,600 ($55,000 win bonus) def. Matthew Lopez: $26,400 ^
  • Clay Guida: $114,000 ($57,000 win bonus) def. Joe Lauzon: $62,000
  • Marlon Moraes: $140,000 ($70,000 win bonus) def. John Dodson: $41,000
  • Tatiana Suarez: $50,000 ($25,000 win bonus) def. Viviane Pereira: $14,000
  • Sage Northcutt: $120,000 ($60,000 win bonus) def. Michel Quiñones: $10,000
  • Nina Ansaroff: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Angela Hill: $21,000
  • Sean Strickland: $64,000 ($32,000 win bonus) def. Court McGee: $35,000
  • Jake Collier: $36,000 ($18,000 win bonus) def. Marcel Fortuna: $14,000
  • Karl Roberson: $20,000 ($10,000 win bonus) def. Darren Stewart: $10,000
the "middle" range fighters made anywhere from 25/25 to 95/95.
And of course fighters still have to pay thei coaching staff out of their purse, on top of the extra expenses for training . Also smart fighters put a big chunk away if they can because careers are short . For every successful MMA fighter there are hundreds if not thousands who end up broken financially and physically. It’s a risky road. That’s why I get really pissed off when people whine about fighters making a lot .

And of course fighters still have to pay thei coaching staff out of their purse, on top of the extra expenses for training . Also smart fighters put a big chunk away if they can because careers are short . For every successful MMA fighter there are hundreds if not thousands who end up broken financially and physically. It’s a risky road. That’s why I get really pissed off when people whine about fighters making a lot .

Where does that occur?
I think the one almost unanimous thing on SD is fighter pay % can be better

This shit is like Gold on the streets...

RxAqz4s.jpg
Notice she covered the code? Kat ain’t giving her shit away. She made fun of that coupon code but she used it anyway.

I guarantee you UFC fighters don’t care how little you get paid or whether or not your employer mistreats you.

I guarantee you most people on here aren't in any televised sports and the only fans they likely have are their immediately family and friends.

If people want to know or discuss what athletes get paid, let them. What fucking business is it of yours?

I’m not talking about sher dog specifically, as most (hopefully) people who post here are more than casual fans. Let’s face it though, most Mma fans ARE casual fans! There is this myth that all the fighters are making 100K + for a pro show. I watched the last ppv in a pub surrounded by such people. They truly thought that main event figters were being paid millions.

In some countries they stone women to death for adultery, lets stick with the reality of the situation ffs.

Give me an example of a fighter who is vocal about some random Joe low pay ;)

To the poster who said we shouldn’t care about fighter pay.
1. May of us have good friends/family who are fighters. We care. Accept it,
2. Fighters are sacrificing their formative adult years to the sport. Most young men and women in their 20’s are going to college, building a resume, acquiring life and work skills. Fighters are fighting (some also go to school congruently, but that is the exception not the norm)
3. Fighter careers are short, unpredictable, and unfortunately often subject to the whims and politics or promoters/managers. It’s not just about skill and “wanting it”.
3. Many fighters exit their fight career with little to no marketable real world skills. Having “pro fighter” and food service jobs on your resume at 30 is unlikely to land you a great job.
4. As a fan who cares about the sport, you should also care to a certain point about the health and welfare of the athletes in it.
5. Many fighters exit their career with injuries (including head injuries) that make them unable to do trade or labour jobs. The human body can only take so much in a lifetime and fighters reach that threshold at a young age.
6. Glory, memories and a shiny belt may make nice photos, Garner a slap on the back and maybee even get a guy laid a few times, but it won’t feed the kids or pay the mortgage.

As a fight fan, if you don’t care about the health and welfare (and pay) of fighters..you’re just a special kind of lowlife human.

Give me an example of a fighter who is vocal about some random Joe low pay ;)
Do you enjoy watching the fights? It is adding something to your life. They owe you nothing for driving your forklift.

Do you enjoy watching the fights? It is adding something to your life. They owe you nothing for driving your forklift.
Do you enjoy the clean streets? If so, why don’t you talk about cleaning staff low pay?
A fighter, he/she sign a contract. He/she agrees with it. Why a random Joe starts a topic abut the pay?

Cleaning staff at a hotel get paid more ina. Year than most pro fighters starting out.

Oh...and they’re not risking brain damage or bodily harm. Also, they can have a long career as a housekeeper.

Oh!! And it’s not a job that requires a high level of skill, dedication, talent and drive.

Comparing a pro fighter to someone who cleans your sheets is Ludicrous.

Back