Ufc base pay

Fighters that get offered injury insurance should feel extremely lucky. If you don’t have a job because you’re a full time fighter and have a fight scheduled, you’re banking on that money. Camps are expensive. Not only that, but food for dieting and cutting weight is also expensive. If you’ve paid for all of that and you’re close to your fight and get hurt, you’re pretty much in the hole without the insurance.

Having this fight canceled this weekend has really fucked me over. I spent a lot of money on food, blood work, a physical, and extra gym fees. I have my normal mma gym but I took some morning classes too at other gyms and had to pay extra for those, so for this fight to get canceled the week of, really sucks.
Damn why did it get cancelled?

Fighters that get offered injury insurance should feel extremely lucky. If you don’t have a job because you’re a full time fighter and have a fight scheduled, you’re banking on that money. Camps are expensive. Not only that, but food for dieting and cutting weight is also expensive. If you’ve paid for all of that and you’re close to your fight and get hurt, you’re pretty much in the hole without the insurance.

Having this fight canceled this weekend has really fucked me over. I spent a lot of money on food, blood work, a physical, and extra gym fees. I have my normal mma gym but I took some morning classes too at other gyms and had to pay extra for those, so for this fight to get canceled the week of, really sucks.

I hear you (about the fight)
The insurance thing is what fighters told me was the best part of signing with UFC (as well as the opportunity of course)

Their stuff?
You mean for fights?
Yes

but I doubt Reebok employees get whatever they want for free
Obviously for the fights but don't they want them wearing their stuff anyway? I thought turning the fighters into walking billboards was the point

Obviously for the fights but don't they want them wearing their stuff anyway? I thought turning the fighters into walking billboards was the point

I don't know how much every fighter gets
The fighters they sponsor outside of the UFC deal get a shitload
But UFC has 600 fighters that they pay

You can rip the deal & rightfully so, but that is more on UFC

You'd think they'd jump on that free advertising opportunity, but it looks like they'd only commit half way.

You'd think they'd jump on that free advertising opportunity, but it looks like they'd only commit half way.
They probably know they wouldn't wear it anyway. Honestly everything Reebok I've looked at has felt super cheap. I bought a pair of Sandals while on vacation and they broke the first day. Only time I've ever broken sandals.

Damn why did it get cancelled?
The guy I was fighting needed to get a physical done and hand in the form. The commission has deadlines for all of these things which was on Friday and my opponent didn’t get his in. They even gave him an extension until Monday and the fucker still didn’t do it so they had to cancel our fight. This fight has been booked for a while so he has no excuse. I needed blood work and a physical and I got all of mine done on time.

They probably know they wouldn't wear it anyway.
This

Why would a fighter wear it if they don't have to.
They see PVZ & others getting 6 figures to wear it, so why would they for basically free?

The guy I was fighting needed to get a physical done and hand in the form. The commission has deadlines for all of these things which was on Friday and my opponent didn’t get his in. They even gave him an extension until Monday and the fucker still didn’t do it so they had to cancel our fight. This fight has been booked for a while so he has no excuse. I needed blood work and a physical and I got all of mine done on time.

100% unprofessional
Now that tool cost you money
Not just purse but expenses

Sorry man

Check yur PM's I sent you something a few weeks back

Damn that sucks.

1464718322332370.png
<bball1>

100% unprofessional
Now that tool cost you money
Not just purse but expenses

Sorry man

Check yur PM's I sent you something a few weeks back
Ok cool sorry these last few weeks leading up to this fight have been stressful. I’ve put in so much time into this that I haven’t had any for much else. I’ll check it and get back to you on it now tho.

Ok cool sorry these last few weeks leading up to this fight have been stressful. I’ve put in so much time into this that I haven’t had any for much else. I’ll check it and get back to you on it now tho.

All good my man

The middle tier guys are who UFC cannot do without & in most cases the workhorses of the company.
The pre-pre guys are making more than anywhere else

The real problem is with how the business of MMA is structured where fighters aren't the ones calling the shots although they are the ones who do all the real work. Looking at the pay issue from the view of what are different promotions are paying is not right imo. Major league sports are a better model for MMA.

The real problem is with how the business of MMA is structured where fighters aren't the ones calling the shots although they are the ones who do all the real work. Looking at the pay issue from the view of what are different promotions are paying is not right imo. Major league sports are a better model for MMA.

I look at pay, the business & financials probably more than anybody on here does ;)

But you can't compare it to other sports, its completely unique
But they can certainly pay more than the 13-17% they paid in 2015/16

That low base pay is why some middle ranking fighters are going away; either retiring to new projects or going other organizations.

Remember that besides winning that low on each fight, they spend tons of money for fight camp and the correct food and recovery treatment. Let alone the non existent health insurance. And even more if they have to travel for the fight and pay a hotel for him and his corner.

Wonder how much money they got left after paying for all those stuff.

That’s so insane to think about. So little $ for potentially life altering damage.

And then you have guys like overeem making $800K to show which is a lot for anyone, but still... that CTE though

Un
Jeremy moved up & you have no idea what other pay he gets.
AC reports (outside of pre-pre) is rarely the full picture
There are signing bonuses, structured payouts etc

If AC reports were accurate then many fighters that left UFC for more money in Bellator got less

Trust I am versed on this

Have a great night though man
Ok but that's not what I'm hearing. I'm hearing that several of the big name signees the ufc had to match, didnt becuase of six figure signing bonuses.

I look at pay, the business & financials probably more than anybody on here does ;)

But you can't compare it to other sports, its completely unique
But they can certainly pay more than the 13-17% they paid in 2015/16
Whats the main reason for MMA being so unique that owners/managers have to take the lions share of the revenue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back