UFC 297 is not worse than UFC 293

lerobshow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I would like for anyone to tell me why UFC 297 is worse than 293. Since so many people have been complaining these last few days and deemed UFC 297 as the 'weakest card ever,' I really would like to know what makes them think so. I'm pretty sure it's only because of the lousy co-main event and the fact that it lacks big names.

Please tell me why 293 was a better card than 297.

Besides the main event, it's not even worth watching for free. Sean shitting on the wmma co-main is completely warranted. I don't know wtf the UFC is thinking trying to sell this turd salad of a card to the fans. I'll watch the main but that's probably it.
Curtis vs Barriault isn't worth watching?
Magny vs Malott isn't worth watching?
Allen vs Evloev isn't worth watching?
Jourdain vs Woodson isn't worth watching?

You high or something?

I would argue that Allen vs Evloev might even be more enjoyable than the main event tbh. Two young extremely hot prospects in their division going at it.

Besides the main event, it's not even worth watching for free. Sean shitting on the wmma co-main is completely warranted. I don't know wtf the UFC is thinking trying to sell this turd salad of a card to the fans. I'll watch the main but that's probably it.
You wouldn't Watch Evloev vs Arnold allen?

UFC 293 was a solid card because Australia and New Zealand have more than a few notable fighters representing their country and the matchups proved to be exciting.

The Canadian fighters on the roster currently don't have the same level of noteriety, but this UFC 297 card gives them the opportunity elevate themselves.

Arnold Allen vs. Mosvar Evloev is the only other fight besides the main event that I think is PPV worthy. It should be a good scrap.

UFC 293 was a solid card because Australia and New Zealand have more than a few notable fighters representing their country and the matchups proved to be exciting.

The Canadian fighters on the roster currently don't have the same level of noteriety, but this UFC 297 card gives them the opportunity elevate themselves.

Arnold Allen vs. Mosvar Evloev is the only other fight besides the main event that I think is PPV worthy. It should be a good scrap.
Fair enough.

Reactions: Ruv
Great part about thinking a card isn't worth your time is you don't have to watch. That being said, sometimes cards that aren't the best on paper end up being really fun. I thought the last card in Canada was similar on paper, but ended up being really entertaining.

If Mike Malott gets a finish, this crowd is going to go nuts, not to mention we get 2 title fights and what could possibly be a number 1 contender fight at FW and that's not even taking in to account the potential fireworks in the Jourdain/Woodson and Katona/Armfield fights.

Might be looking at this one through maple syrup colored glasses, but pretty pumped for it!

Just because it isn't literally the worst card of all time, that doesn't mean that it isn't still complete trash.

U Fight Cheap has often scraped some horrendously foul shit from the bottom of a barrel they found in a dump and then sold it to the public in the past. They will therefore always be protected by their past cuntery to deflect from their current cuntery.

'You're being hysterical, it's not the worst card ever, remember when we asked you to pay for Joe Soto in a main event?'

Curtis vs Barriault isn't worth watching?
Magny vs Malott isn't worth watching?
Allen vs Evloev isn't worth watching?
Jourdain vs Woodson isn't worth watching?

You high or something?

I would argue that Allen vs Evloev might even be more enjoyable than the main event tbh. Two young extremely hot prospects in their division going at it.
Jourdain and Woodson is fun, the rest not so much imo. Magny is boredom personified at this stage in his career, he makes even fun fighters seem boring with his style.

Last edited:
Great part about thinking a card isn't worth your time is you don't have to watch. That being said, sometimes cards that aren't the best on paper end up being really fun.

Two sentences in and you already hit the two most cliche shill talking points used to defend shit cards.

Your spin later in the post was a bit more creative, so you shouldn't lead with the stock responses.

They should do Fight Nights in Canada instead of PPVs if they're going to insist on putting all these B-C level Canadian fighters on the cards. Reality is that Canada doesn't have much talent atm. Malott might be good, but he feels like a johnny come lately more than anything. Barriault's been a jobber for his entire UFC run, and Jourdain looks really good for a fight or two and then comes up short against the gatekeepers.

You usually have good takes but this one aint it.

The PPV is weak but only watching the main is unwarranted, the Allen/Barriault/Jourdain fights are definitely worth watching.

Two sentences in and you already hit the two most cliche shill talking points used to defend shit cards.

Your spin later in the post was a bit more creative, so you shouldn't lead with the stock responses.
Love watching fights and hope to bring some positivity to what can be a pretty toxic and angry space. By sharing my take on why I'm excited to watch this card, maybe someone else will get excited too. Also, the UFC pays me for every time I defend their cards on message boards.

<WhatItIs>

You usually have good takes but this one aint it.

The PPV is weak but only watching the main is unwarranted, the Allen/Barriault/Jourdain fights are definitely worth watching.
To some it's worth watching, I've never really watched any of those guys mentioned too much. I guess I'm just not really invested in this card.

The Aussie cards are usually the worst

UFC 234

Adesanya vs Silva
Lando Vanatta vs Marcos Rosa Mariano
Ricky Simon vs Rani Yayha
Montana De la Rosa vs Nadia Kassem
Jimmy Crute vs Sam Alvey

The one that had Faber vs Barao as the main event was terrible too, i think the co main was Tim Boestch vs Lombard

Would’ve liked to see Movsar vs Allen as a 5 rounder co main, it is the most interesting fight aside from the main event on the card. It is a pretty horrible card as far as value goes, guys like Marc Andre and Jourdain are prelim fighters.

Fights are fights. This one will probably deliver more than some name-stacked card.

Back