Media The Greatest Combat Sports Entrances In The History Of Humanity

@Levi_ do you remember before the semi finals.. Joe Son came dancing and running into the octagon to celebrate that his fighter Kimo has caused Royce to pull out of the semi finals haha, and Big John had to push Joe Son out but he wouldn't leave LOL.
lol that was some funny shit.

Same here. A legit boxer participated in that event, which many don't know (Bowen).

UFC 1-10 will never be rivaled in fight entertainment. Noobs don't have any concept of this. We didn't know what worked in the early days and watched the UFC evolve with crazy fun shit happening all over the place, and a hellava group of personalities. When my friends first told me about it in the 90s, I discounted it as fake. But I watched UFC 6 and was like 'holy shit!' I went to blockbuster and got caught up with 1-5. I've been a big fan for the rest of my life, but there was nothing like those early events.
Very true, totally agree with everything you said. I also rented lots of the UFC VHS from Blockbuster. Those were the days!!. I used to rent UFC and WWF VHS from Blockbuster, and also when Blockbuster were closing down they put them all for sale and I brought lots of them, I can't remember how much they cost but they were very cheap.

Those old UFC events are so entertaining because you never knew what would happen and some of the fights are also very violent. UFC is still good but most events its just the same thing happening, the events look the same for the most part. But in the early days it was very entertaining because it had that suspense and element of surprise and was more violent

BTW I miss Blockbuster, it was a great store, its sad how it all died. Good memories

Very true, totally agree with everything you said. I also rented lots of the UFC VHS from Blockbuster. Those were the days!!. I used to rent UFC and WWF VHS from Blockbuster, and also when Blockbuster were closing down they put them all for sale and I brought lots of them, I can't remember how much they cost but they were very cheap.

Those old UFC events are so entertaining because you never knew what would happen and some of the fights are also very violent. UFC is still good but most events its just the same thing happening, the events look the same for the most part. But in the early days it was very entertaining because it had that suspense and element of surprise and was more violent

BTW I miss Blockbuster, it was a great store, its sad how it all died. Good memories
Yep, Blockbuster/Hollywood days are great memories. When I was on a date in those days, I would often say, 'hey, you want to go to Blockbuster and then come over to my place and watch a movie?' Greatest line in history, lol

I started recording the PPVs on VHS because of the eventual rental problem- I had to rent them again every time I went to a different friend's house, because a lot of people didn't know what they were (and I just HAD to show them to everyone, even taking them with me to work). I think I created about 1000 MMA fans through those VHS tapes, because people would absolutely shit when they saw them; nothing like that ever existed before.

When I was a kid very few things could capture my imagination like a Mike Tyson fight , coming out surrounded by dudes who did not look like boxing trainers, you really believed anything could happen

I like that one but this was one of the best Tyson entrance songs. Too bad it was against Francois Botha, but this song is killer as an entrance song. Chuck Liddell walked in with this as well, but it fit Tyson to the T because you know some shit was about to go down.

No Doubt ! EVERY song on Heaven and Hell is kick - ass.​

Dio as a perfect match - he mixed great with Black Sabbath !
Believe it or not, I saw Dio live when he was in his first band, ELF! He was good then, but I had no idea he would achieve the legendary status he did. I saw him live with Rainbow twice on their first two tours, and then saw him on Sabbath's Mob Rules tour. Saw him 3 times as a solo artist too, so needless to say I am a Dio fan!

It's been 20 years. Move on with your lives you sad Pride freaks.

Not epic by any standards, but I was at this fight and his walk out gave me the chills. Sad he lost lol...

No doubt Pride had some great build ups/entrances but damn, if they were doing 40+ shows a year as fan it would become stale and a time waste to a lot of viewers.

The Pride entrances and opening ceremonies were epic.

Remy Bonjasky had the coolest music

Last edited:
With an event like 300 upcoming, at least something cool should be done.​

One of the great hard rock albums in history. Long live the great Ronnie James Dio!
No question.​
When I was a kid very few things could capture my imagination like a Mike Tyson fight , coming out surrounded by dudes who did not look like boxing trainers, you really believed anything could happen

Watched Iron Mike from his first pro fight, which he dominated. No Frills At All, just black tights and shoes, nothing was needed because Mike WAS the entrance.

Genki Sudo were my favourite ones but man, that Pereira-Prochazka combined walkout was some gladiator shit.

Back