Media The Greatest Combat Sports Entrances In The History Of Humanity

AstralPanda

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Watching pride again makes me hate UFC entrances so much..

This ain't boxing motherfucker

It's MARTIAL ARTS

One day someone who isn't extremely biased to the boxing style of creating an event like Dana white, will emerge.

I genuinely think If you brought some of this stuff back and started treating MMA like martial arts, NOT BOXING then it would invigorate the sport again.

Anyone else agree with me here?

can we stop fucking treating MMA like boxing and actually make entrances great again?

MMA Is literally It's own unique entity

but It's being promoted by the boxing model.

Think this is one of the greatest travesties of the sport. And It's why so many people hold pride days with such nostalgia and reverence.

Dana always talks about old heads ruining sports, yet he does the same thing.

When MMA transcends the boxing model and becomes it's own entity, as It SHOULD have been from day 1..the sport will grow.

It's these old figureheads with small minded thinking that hold the sport back.

Part of the problem I'd say though besides the UFC being cheap is that if you "go big" you need to do it well or it can look bad, just look at Tito's horrible cringe fest intros in the early 00's.

Watching pride again makes me hate UFC entrances so much..

This ain't boxing motherfucker

It's MARTIAL ARTS

One day someone who isn't extremely biased to the boxing style of creating an event like Dana white, will emerge.

I genuinely think If you brought some of this stuff back and started treating MMA like martial arts, NOT BOXING then it would invigorate the sport again.

I liked the one in Pride when Mayhem Miller hung his shirt on the Ring Girl's head...

Fuckin timless funny.

Sad for his current state... The black place is hard to climb out of.

hahaha, thats amazing! even the commentator was jealous.

And i wonder if this is just an Asian thing with the entrances? don't recall UFC doing anything like this. But i think because they wanted it to be gladiator like when walking to the ring...they did use to have that intro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back