Media The Greatest Combat Sports Entrances In The History Of Humanity

One of the great hard rock albums in history. Long live the great Ronnie James Dio!

No Doubt ! EVERY song on Heaven and Hell is kick - ass.​

Dio as a perfect match - he mixed great with Black Sabbath !

Conrad and Khabib's entrances in their fight were electric.

Izzy's 3 man dance group was the best of all time. I was practicing infront of the mirror for weeks afterwards trying to emulate.

hahaha, thats amazing! even the commentator was jealous.

And i wonder if this is just an Asian thing with the entrances? don't recall UFC doing anything like this. But i think because they wanted it to be gladiator like when walking to the ring...they did use to have that intro
The strange thing is Japanese pro wrestling was not really known as much for big entrances(at least back then when I followed it somewhat), you got the odd show at the Tokyo Dome which would play them up a bit but most of the time it was a pretty standard no nonsense ring walk.

I'm guessing a big issue might be that larger MMA orgs like Pride, Dream, the Dyanmite shows and indeed K-1 tended to have very close links to TV companies. The big entrances probably help draw in the very large audiences(tens of millions at points) plus it probably meant the orgs could use a lot of talent from the TV stations to help design them.

Mayhem arguably missed a trick not going to Japan earlier than he did.

I never understand why Genki Sudo isn't immediately mentioned in these ring entrance threads. Blasphemy.

When I was a kid very few things could capture my imagination like a Mike Tyson fight , coming out surrounded by dudes who did not look like boxing trainers, you really believed anything could happen

Yep, that was a part of the picture in his training in Jo Son Do. I don't remember of Jo Son carried ther cross out or not.
I loved that event, one of the best UFC events ever, so much madness happened. Lights years more entertaining than todays copy + paste stuff we get.

One of the best UFC cards to watch for entertainment and surprise. Lots of surprises all night

Is that the one where he carried a full sized cross in?
Yup thats the one, and that cross was so heavy lol and plus has that absolute nutjob Joe Son with him dancing his way too the octagon lol.. madness, great event, so entertaining.

That was the first UFC event I ever saw. The only things I still remember from that event was Gracie getting shit kicked and hair pulling to save his life, and of course Kimo's entrance.
hahaha yeah UFC 3 was total madness, it was a great event, 9/10 for entertainment. So much happened.

We got...

Kimo coming in with a giant cross.

Kimo vs Royce which was a great fight and Royce was pushed for the first time.

Joe Son dancing and running into the octagon to claim victory because Royce was out for semis.

620 Ibs vs 210 Ibs fight.. Hackney vs Yarborough.. Hackney drops him, then Yarborough pushes him through the fence, breaking the gate, the gate comes flying wide open for the first time ever in UFC lol

Harold Howard with all his madness all night long lol

Shamrock pulls out the final.. the police office Steven Jennum comes in last minute in his house grey shorts, totally not ready... and puts a police beatdown on Howard, cuff takedown and all lol

So much better than todays drivel, all the events are on loop now, all looks the same, same things happen with minor subtle differences. I loved UFC 3 anyways, its so entertaining

@Levi_ do you remember before the semi finals.. Joe Son came dancing and running into the octagon to celebrate that his fighter Kimo has caused Royce to pull out of the semi finals haha, and Big John had to push Joe Son out but he wouldn't leave LOL.

I loved that event, one of the best UFC events ever, so much madness happened. Lights years more entertaining than todays copy + paste stuff we get.

One of the best UFC cards to watch for entertainment and surprise. Lots of surprises all night
Same here. A legit boxer participated in that event, which many don't know (Bowen).

UFC 1-10 will never be rivaled in fight entertainment. Noobs don't have any concept of this. We didn't know what worked in the early days and watched the UFC evolve with crazy fun shit happening all over the place, and a hellava group of personalities. When my friends first told me about it in the 90s, I discounted it as fake. But I watched UFC 6 and was like 'holy shit!' I went to blockbuster and got caught up with 1-5. I've been a big fan for the rest of my life, but there was nothing like those early events.

Back