UFC 215 & 216 Early PPV Numbers ...

MMA is one of the few sports were casuals are such a big portion of the fan base and it's confusing. How would people not know who Tony Ferguson is. It's simple. There's not a chance that there is people who tune into the NFL and don't know who the New England Patriots are, or that Tom Brady is their quarterback.

I think it is losing its appeal as well...but it wont be overnight.

We will see!!

WME still insists on doing garbage ppvs with all-time low sales. They've put on just 2 good shows this year. Ruining the UFC brand.

I mean look at ufc 211."Only" 300k buys looking pretty damn good now. If all ppvs looked like that the basement would be 300k. But instead they insist on these weak ass ppvs. Instead of doing 12 ppvs a year and only 3 or 4 being good enough to buy, they should do 8 & they would all be successful events.

Both 215 & 216, 225k buys combined, would have each gotten at least 2.5-3.0M viewers if it were on big FOX. 206 got 4.7 on REPLAY. Gee, I wonder why they can't build any stars.

Conor, Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey, GSP, Anderson Silva..... Everybody else is a giant nobody in terms of fame and PPV draws.
Lol... Conor, Anderson and GSP must have like 6/7 fights left combined between them.

And Anderson is not relevant anymore.

The bad work of promoting and bad work of pushing fighters and not really stacking PPV's, starts or allready started to kick in.

Biggest winners: The Fertitas

...i wouldn't be surprised if they manage to buy the company back for like the half of what they sold it for...

Watched that shit for free in HD.

Not going to give my money to a bunch of crooks who don't even pay the figheters what they deserve.

BTW.. those are Bellator PPV numbers.

UFC should go back to hype fighters. The brand alone does not work anymore.

It’s because black beast got pulled from the card.
Otherwise it would have done 500-600k easily.

I dont think Nganou would have made a difference in the card. Not many people know him and no one else wanted to fight him. Too bad he got pulled though all because JDS is a cheater.

UFC 216 #'s are dissapointing, i expected atleast 200k, bad sign for Ferguson, Mcgregor vs Ferguson still the fight to make.

Watched that shit for free in HD.

Not going to give my money to a bunch of crooks who don't even pay the figheters what they deserve.

I try telling myself that that is the reason why I dont purchase PPV's and get them for free but deep down inside I know it's more cause I am a cheap motherclucker, :D.

Less events, stacked cards please......I use to buy every single PPV, now I can't even remember the last time I've watched more than a couple of fights, let alone paid for a PPV.

Lol and people were laughing at boxing because of the GGG vs Canelo numbers. Boxing is winning this year, hands down.

Tony Ferguson is on a record 10 fight win streak in the LW division with 7 finishes. At what point does the UFC have to take responsibility for failing to promote him properly?

They didn't want to go because of the possibility of shooting again.Are you dumb or something?
I see you are not from usa so i will explain nicely.
Pay Per View is when you relax in the comfort of your home and watch on T.V. for $60.

A ppv needs to be special. people don't pay for shit these days so it better be a big deal. its also not some no holds barred novelty act anymore either. as someone who follows all the ufc's i still looked at the next event and had no clue who these fighters were. i had heard a few names etc but i have no clue what weight class they fight at, style, etc. its a bit watered down

ferguson, lee, and mm are all great fighters and worth watching. that said, none of them should be headlining a ppv. they should be the undercard to bisping vs gsp for example. even that should be considered a low end ppv

Back