UFC 215 & 216 Early PPV Numbers ...

The UFC isn't dying, PPV is.
OKAY...

I'm not saying the UFC is dying or anything, but you're wrong.

If PPV is dying, then why did Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, Mayweather vs. McGregor, Canelo vs. GGG, McGregor vs. Diaz I, McGregor vs. Diaz II, McGregor vs. Alvarez do big buys?

Edit: If this PPV is dying narrative was true, then no one would draw big PPV buys, no matter who they were or who they were fighting.

Heck even Jon Jones vs. DC II drew decent PPV buys.

It's not that PPV is dying, it's that these fighters just aren't compelling enough to a non small hardcore fan base.

You are forgetting what happened in Vegas in fight week.

And what im trying to say is casuals are the one who bring the PPV numbers.Not Hardcore fans.Ferguson and Lee are not that popular around casuals.

What exactly does the shooting have to do with people who outside the city that didn't have loved ones involved not buying PPVs?

Maybe it was the wildfires...was there a new Avengers movie out?

Are you implying UFC 200 drew 1m+ buys because of Miesha Tate?

If so, then that's laughable.

It did so well because 1) They marketed the event as much as possible, and 2) Brock Lesnar.

Last edited:
What exactly does the shooting have to do with people who outside the city that didn't have loved ones involved not buying PPVs?

I confused the PPV numbers with attendance..So yeah

We should be happy 215 and 216 bombed. UFC has been pushing a substandard product this year and the buys reflect it, so hopefully it forces a rethink of UFC's part

216 PPV card featured 3 Flyweight bouts and 2 WMMA fights from the 11 altogether, it's time they stopped shoving this watered down product down peoples throats. Take the WMMA fight on the PPV card, I honestly had no idea who either of them were nor did I care. If I was someone like Brad Tavares, Lando Vannata or some other interesting name on the prelims i'd be pissed off at seeing that fight on the main card between 2 fighters that haven't earned that spot.

The ONLY successful PPV of 2017 featured DC, Jones, Cowboy, Lawler, Maia, Woodley, Manuwa, Oezdimir and Cyborg on the main card. None of those guys are superstars in their own right but the card was amazing on paper and did about 850k buys, it's not rocket science. (also to those saying Jones is a big draw, his previous PPV did about 300k buys even though it was his big comeback)

Ferg vs Lee was a great fight but really its a co main type fight..

Nobody cares about MM

Werdum/beast was a good fight but fell through

Some womens fight (cant remeber the names sorry)

Darriush fight (more for hardcore fans)

Is it any shock the card didnt sell?

Then you have then putting loads of good fights into the GSP/Bisping card.. why would u waste money on 215/16? i enjoyed 216 but i am from uk so dont pay for it.. would not chuck 60$ down for that card tho

You're talking out of your ass. And his name is Mighty Mouse.
he WAS drawing more than MM at that time, that is a fact. how do you explain MM drawing 200k on a PPV?

and it's funny how you get so triggered when someon talk shit about MM

he WAS drawing more than MM at that time, that is a fact. how do you explain MM drawing 200k on a PPV?

and it's funny how you get so triggered when someon talk shit about MM

Which PPV of McGregor's did better than that (before that event)? I'm chuckling to myself right now. You'll figure out why.

surprised? Ferguson and Lee are not stars, now Tony has alil bit of star power

also people rediculed Mouse for wanting Borg over T.J. Dillashaw, this is why

Lol...why? TJ is a huge PPV star all of a sudden?

<{vega}>

Next up, UFC 217 with Bisping - GSP and Cody vs. TJ. This is a good card. Does the UFC need GSP to win? Will the UFC kill off one of its biggest stars?

At this point the UFC must be going into negative equity?

100k? Just fucking LOL

Yes, and cinco de octubre.

"Bigger than soccer.."

images

Yikes. I really though 216 would do alright that was a good card. That is bad news as it looks like fans aren't really interested in more than the biggest star in any capacity

Not gonna lie, pretty surprised at 216. Either way,, terrible numbers. Fritatas jumped at the right time lol.

Guess we will see more freakshow fights. To hell with rankings...not like the UFC cared much about them to begin with.

Your brain is dying. UFC has never been greater.

There are too many cards and not enough disposable income/time. I'm not spending my saturday night on these cards.

Back