Tyrone Woodley:"Maia Told Me He Wanted A Break"

Oh wow I'm never listen to post fight anymore except for big fights. What an idiot though. Although that Jorge fight was grueling as fuck they both gassed.

Yeah, he was clear about it after the fight though. It's looking like the timing will work out for Maia anyway though, Woodley wants to get on 215 (The Jones/DC card if I used teh wrong number) for PPV points. But now Megan/Cyborg is on it - and with Conor/Mayweather in August it's looking likely that that PPV gets made into a free card we'll probably have Woodley/Maia September because the summer looks booked up. Which seems to be good for everyone, and its good for the fans too. Diaz was offered Woodley over the summer, but he's retired.

Maia fought on May 13, so it was unreasonable for Woodley to expect Maia to turn around 2.5 months to face him end of July. Woodley did not fight approximately 17 months after beating Gastelum. Make the fight for August/September. Nothing wrong with giving Maia more time.

The guy is a pretty awful personality. I'm amazed fox continues to employ him, given that he's not talented as an on air speaker and is constantly muddying discussions with his complaints about race in circumstances where the topic isn't even relevant.

Fact is, the US today has given some sort of PC get out of jail card for all ethnicities other than whites to stand on street corners just screaming and raving as long as they claim racism has been maliciously set upon them.

As someone who has never judged people by anything beyond their actions and intents, and believes strongly in treating all people with respect and dignity, I find Tryon's crazed and endless rants on racism to be fucking nauseating. Good riddance once he retires.

Perfectly said. I've seen you talk politics before too, and you're definitely not a "bigoted" guy whatsoever (no matter how much Woodley would probably tell you you are). It's just the truth at this point. Woodley is a complete and utter asshole in the harshest of terms.

Woodley complains about racism, seemingly unaware that the UFC not only let him sit on the sidelines for an eternity so he could get a titleshot, but has a comfy analyst job despite not being good at it whatsoever. If he spent an iota of the time he does complaining about racism actually trying to do something about the so-called racism he's received, he might actually make a difference. Too bad it's all been Twitter trolls who literally just signed up to call him names just to get a response out of him.

He's awful. One of the most privileged people I've ever seen, who actually has the nerve to complain about inequality. On top of everything that's already been said, he fucking lost his last fight against Thompson. He still got awarded the decision. Because... racism... or something...

Woodley does a disservice to black people the more he opens his mouth. No wonder race relations are so fucking horrendously bad at times, when your "intellectuals" are athletes like Woodley who has absolutely no fucking idea what he's talking about. He's embarrassing.

Woodley should STFU

He has no right to say shit
And act like he is the boss
He got punked by Conor... LMAO, and then still wants to act like he is some gangster from Detroit or wherever it is

Maia should take some time off, he isn't going to be ready for a July card.
The ufc made a fuck up here by booking him, if Woodley wants to fight someone else, give him someone else, but Maia then gets the winner.

The ufc have been screwing Maia for ages
Maia deserves some time out but they are trying to force him back in

Maia fought on May 13, so it was unreasonable for Woodley to expect Maia to turn around 2.5 months to face him end of July. Woodley did not fight approximately 17 months after beating Gastelum. Make the fight for August/September. Nothing wrong with giving Maia more time.
Thats why the guy reacted like he did to the Maia/Masvidal fight being made at the time it was made.
Dude wants that Jon Jones/DC PPV cut

Woodley should STFU

He has no right to say shit
And act like he is the boss
He got punked by Conor... LMAO, and then still wants to act like he is some gangster from Detroit or wherever it is

Maia should take some time off, he isn't going to be ready for a July card.
The ufc made a fuck up here by booking him, if Woodley wants to fight someone else, give him someone else, but Maia then gets the winner.

The ufc have been screwing Maia for ages
Maia deserves some time out but they are trying to force him back in
<{anton}>

Yeah he did, he was injured after the Gastelum bout and then waited around for a title shot, while Robbie fought other people
Well I feel stupid that you now know I can't read...

Now Megan/Cyborg is on it - and with Conor/Mayweather in August it's looking likely that that PPV gets made into a free card we'll probably have Woodley/Maia September because the summer looks booked up. Which seems to be good for everyone, and its good for the fans too.
Yeah true. Woodley/Maia is not going to add any value to 214 at this point.
Makes a lot more sense for him to headline 215, or if that gets cancelled cause of Floyd/Conor, 216.

Having said that, Woodley is absolutely correct to try and get on 214 as the financial difference is massive. Literally double or triple the pay.

Probably just knows Maia wants a break and wants to fight him when
Maia is at less than 100%. And the money.

But he did take a break, for over a year and a half and refused fights constantly during that period of time. Demanding a titleshot without ever earning it.
He got promised a shot by Dana after the whole Hendricks kidney stones debacle, he would've been dumb to not capitalize on that shit.

lol Hush. You sat around for the longest for your shot. Give the man a little time. He's no spring chicken. Why doesn't he want to beat the man that everyone knows is the #1 contender? These champs astound me.
Maybe he wants to stay active and be part of one of the biggest cards this year, in 214?

maia would beat Tyron and Masvidal would KO him
33bmnms.jpg

Didn't woodley "take a break" for one and a half years before fighting for the belt?
Besides, this is pretty low from TW. Mais noted he had previous commitments right after his fight with Masvidal.
So calling maia out AFTER Maia noted he had a previous commitment is pretty low IMHO.
He sat on the shelf, like a pouty child, after a questionable split win over Gastelum. Maia is on the streak of his career, and has more than earned his shot. If he wants to rest a little, Woodley should have nothing to say to him.

fighters are hypocrites, their expectations of other fighters are as bad as fans, but they'd give themselves a pass for the same kind of things.

Woodley goes on record trying to convince a very overdue and deserved Maia to come fight him for the title, but Maia wants to take a break. Then is sh!t on for being a hypocrite TWood opted to sit out for his title shot, Maia has the title right in front of him no more waiting no more sitting, and he wants to take a break and become even older while taking this break?

I'm a Maia/TWood supporter but I don't understand this take break sh!t like he already making that Conor money and can afford to sit, shame you can't kick the can down the road to the next guy, seeing there really isn't a real next guy.

Hey UFC what's happening with that GSP guy there's a WW fight right there....

Tyron just had an 18 month break before he fought for the title.

Does the man not realize how badly he contradicts himself when he's speaking of the contenders?
Even when Woodley is actively campaigning to fight a top contender people like you still find a way to bitch. What would YOU like him to do pal? Say he doesn't want the fight so you can really shit on him?

Perfectly said. I've seen you talk politics before too, and you're definitely not a "bigoted" guy whatsoever (no matter how much Woodley would probably tell you you are). It's just the truth at this point. Woodley is a complete and utter asshole in the harshest of terms.

Woodley complains about racism, seemingly unaware that the UFC not only let him sit on the sidelines for an eternity so he could get a titleshot, but has a comfy analyst job despite not being good at it whatsoever. If he spent an iota of the time he does complaining about racism actually trying to do something about the so-called racism he's received, he might actually make a difference. Too bad it's all been Twitter trolls who literally just signed up to call him names just to get a response out of him.

He's awful. One of the most privileged people I've ever seen, who actually has the nerve to complain about inequality. On top of everything that's already been said, he fucking lost his last fight against Thompson. He still got awarded the decision. Because... racism... or something...

Woodley does a disservice to black people the more he opens his mouth. No wonder race relations are so fucking horrendously bad at times, when your "intellectuals" are athletes like Woodley who has absolutely no fucking idea what he's talking about. He's embarrassing.

We live in an age of lazy, self-entitled and utterly uneducated children. The respect for literacy is ever on the decline, and reading an article headline apparently suffices for an invested attention to detail. Woodley is just another sad byproduct of an age of hubris and blind naivety. People like him who have built up an emotional mountain of belief in something of which they really have a very limited concept. Quite pathetic, as are most people today.

Back