Tyrone Woodley:"Maia Told Me He Wanted A Break"

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I told him (Maia), I said ‘Hey man, it looks like you’re up next bro.’ He’s like ‘Oh no I need to take a break,’ so I said ‘Man if you ain’t ready by this date then you will never be ready!’. I said ‘July 29, lets get this shit done,’ I told Maia that. All he wanted to talk about was this damn break. I mean dude, like just take a break when you retire. Seriously. When you’re telling me you want a break. You’re basically telling me you don’t want to be the champion. He doesn’t really want this. He doesn’t really want to be the champ. He’s not really about that life if he’s sitting there talking about how he needs a break. You don’t think I need a break? It’s crazy to me."

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/excl...ted-tyron-woodley-issues-warning-demian-maia/

<31>

You mean you're praying Maia wants a break, right Tyron?

As long as Tyron is not fighting Wonderboy again I will take anyone over Maia.

I hope this isn't the case but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if Woodley is speaking for Maia and trying to kill off a contender by doing this.

I told him (Maia), I said ‘Hey man, it looks like you’re up next bro.’ He’s like ‘Oh no I need to take a break,’ so I said ‘Man if you ain’t ready by this date then you will never be ready!’. I said ‘July 29, lets get this shit done,’ I told Maia that. All he wanted to talk about was this damn break. I mean dude, like just take a break when you retire. Seriously. When you’re telling me you want a break. You’re basically telling me you don’t want to be the champion. He doesn’t really want this. He doesn’t really want to be the champ. He’s not really about that life if he’s sitting there talking about how he needs a break. You don’t think I need a break? It’s crazy to me."

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/excl...ted-tyron-woodley-issues-warning-demian-maia/

<31>
Didn't woodley "take a break" for one and a half years before fighting for the belt?
Besides, this is pretty low from TW. Mais noted he had previous commitments right after his fight with Masvidal.
So calling maia out AFTER Maia noted he had a previous commitment is pretty low IMHO.

Interesting.

I guess this further justifies a Tyron Woodley-Georges St-Pierre fight for the Fall.

If Maia wants to sit out that's his problem. He needs to understand the risks of this. He may not get that fight in at least a year or he may have to fight someone else again.

I hope this isn't the case but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if Woodley is speaking for Maia and trying to kill off a contender by doing this.

Tyron Woodley is mentally deranged/downright delusional, and is not to be trusted. I seriously doubt this happened.

Didn't woodley "take a break" for one and a half years before fighting for the belt?
Besides, this is pretty low from TW. Mais noted he had previous commitments right after his fight with Masvidal.
So calling maia out AFTER Maia noted he had a previous commitment is pretty low IMHO.

Woodley is a hypocritical douchebag...Did you expect anything less?

Even when Tyron is trying to get the fight done, Sherdog still finds a way to be mad at him lol

Atleast he's not playing fake injured like Bisping to avoid Romero

Woodley always keeps it real, so I believe him.

What is Maia doing? He's about to get a title shot and he's asking for time off. Not a good move imo.

Racist.

I am a fan of both fighters so I see reasons and motives for both.

Maia just fought. He probably does need a little bit longer than UFC 214. Maybe UFC 215 or 216 would be better.

A year and half break sounds reasonable. Right Tyron?

Tyron just had an 18 month break before he fought for the title.

Does the man not realize how badly he contradicts himself when he's speaking of the contenders?

Woodley misunderstood Maia's English: "I want to take a break ... on you arm"

Back