International Turkey is Angry that the Massacre of 1,500,000 Armenians is Finally Being Recognized a "Genocide"

This is something I have noticed for years from dominant MiddleEastern and South Asians cultures, they can never admit to all the genocides and atrocities they committed . Same could be said for East Asia , I mean look at the Japanese and how they deny and or try to downplay their WW2 atrocities. Or China's behavior in Tibet and Xinjiang ; though I don't know if the average Chinese admits to it and if its only the government that tries to deny it. Or Indonesia and their genocide in East Timor.

Or How Americans deny their hand in several world atrocities. Or the English, or the Belgians, or the French, or Dutch...

lol

And Westerners babbling about genocide denial is hilarious considering that Anglo-Saxon countries have been masters at it.

For example My Lai is presented as an aberration but we now know that MANY such massacres were conducted against the Vietnamese civilians by Americans (see the Nick Turse book), and their South Korean lackeys.

Most recently American criminals waged a war of aggression against Iraq followed by NATO destruction of Libya. So if I were them, I would keep my mouth shut before accusing others.

Japan's war crimes rival the Nazis and in many ways are worse.

The Rape of Nanking, Hell Ships, Unit 731, the Death Marches, the slavery in the mines.

I had a thread on here years back about if we should have executed Showa and documented their long list of war crimes in that thread.

Lol at fucking downplaying comfort women.

In the comfort station in Shijiazhuang
When the soldiers came back from the battlefields, as many as 20 men would come to my room from early morning. That's why I had to have a hysterectomy (in my twenties). They rounded up little girls still in school. Their genitals were still underdeveloped, so they became torn and infected. There was no medicine except something to prevent sexually transmitted diseases and Mercurochrome. They got sick, their sores became septic, but there was no treatment.
The soldiers made Chinese laborers lay straw in the trenches and the girls were put in there. There was no bedding... underneath was earth. There was no electricity at that time, only oil lamps, but they weren't even given a lamp. They cried in the dark "Mummy, it hurts! Mummy, I'm hungry!" We wanted to go and give them our leftover food, but there were a lot of sick and disturbed people in the trenches. Some of them had TB. I was scared they might pull me in to the trenches, and I didn't want to go there. I could have gone if I had a lamp.
When someone died the girls got scared and began to cry. Then everyone in the trenches was poisoned and they closed up the trench. They dug another trench next to it.
http://awf.or.jp/e3/oralhistory-00.html

Or How Americans deny their hand in several world atrocities. Or the English, or the Belgians, or the French, or Dutch...
I am talking about the everyday Joe online and media , not the government. There's plenty of Americans online and in media who will talk about America's dirty laundry.

I am talking about the everyday Joe online and media , not the government. There's plenty of Americans online and in media who will talk about America's dirty laundry.

there are turks who do the same thing in every day life. but living in a more totalitarian society stops them from going public

How many Americans every day deny they destroyed the native population here? How many Americans justify Japanese internment? How many Americans even know about tuskegee experiments, covert American operations in the Middle East, Latin America, the My Lai massacre and other Vietnam war atrocities?

The average American is either blindingly ignorant to these things or has some low key racist or downright retarded justification for it.

You are under the impression that the West doesn't care if a group is Muslim; that is not true at all.
* Look at Bosnia and Kosovo, you had Muslims against Christian Orthodox and the West took the side of the Muslims.
*In Myanmar the West has been very critical of how the Rohinga are treated.
*The West did not care about the Christian minorities in Iraq after Saddam was deposed; the Christians were ethnically cleansed in large numbers after the Iraq war.
*In Syria the West is on the side of the Sunni Jihadis, who want to kill, convert or ethnically cleanse the Christians.
*The West never took military action against Arab Sudan for the genecide they perpetrated against the Black Animist and Christian Sudanese in Darfur, where 2 million died. And Arabs have been genociding the Blacks for centuries.
*Look at Angela Merkel allowing in 1million refugees, most of whom are Muslim, and undoubtedly will cause huge problems for future generations of Germans. Would any Muslim country accept such large number of non Muslims.

My point is: The Western elites don't care about anyone, be they: Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Buddhist,Animist etc.., they only care about satisfying their allies and their interests. About the only group the West actively cares about is Israel as Israel gets a pass on almost anything it does.

We have millions of Americans homeless or struggling to make ends meet but the US spent over a trillion dollars on the Iraq war and gives Egypt and Israel several billion every year. Like I said it isn't about specifically not caring about Muslims, it is about our elites not caring about anyone. Look at Hillary, she does not want to say "islamic radicals or Islamic terrorism" so you would think she is being pro Muslim but she isn't pro-Muslim (in my humble opinion) she is only refraining from using the word" Islamic" because she gets millions from Arab dictators. The reason I believe she does not care about Muslims is because Madelline Albright is her close friend . Madelline Albright is evil because when a reporter asked her whether 500,000 Iraqi children dying was worth it , she said Yes.

i have to say what you wrote is mostly correct. interests trump everything but by default things like skin color, culture, religion do matter. but if there is some inherent interest in ignoring or putting it aside they will.

there are turks who do the same thing in every day life. but living in a more totalitarian society stops them from going public
Well that is part of it but I also noticed that people in the East (from the MiddleEast to East Asia) are generally more nationalistic about their nations or ethnic groups are not anywhere near as conducive as people in the West in introspection and self criticism. Arabs are especially horrible in this, they very very rarely will admit to anything that makes them look bad.

How many Americans every day deny they destroyed the native population here? How many Americans justify Japanese internment? How many Americans even know about tuskegee experiments, covert American operations in the Middle East, Latin America, the My Lai massacre and other Vietnam war atrocities?

The average American is either blindingly ignorant to these things or has some low key racist or downright retarded justification for it.
I don't think there are that many who will deny what Whites did to the natives, unless you go onto some rightwing website where belligerent grassroots rightwingers gather, but in general most Americans do admit. Conservatives on the whole tend to downplay or outright make excuses for atrocities committed by the US but there are plenty of Liberals and Independents here too.

I don't think there are that many who will deny what Whites did to the natives, unless you go onto some rightwing website where belligerent grassroots rightwingers gather, but in general most Americans do admit. Conservatives on the whole tend to downplay or outright make excuses for atrocities committed by the US but there are plenty of Liberals and Independents here too.

What is your point? is it to have a pissing contest based on how many liberals in a country point out their nation's atrocities?

And a few liberal journalists calling their country out on their shit doesnt mean the average American admits America's atrocities, or is even aware of them. You seem you can't admit the average American (who really isn't all that liberal) is ignorant of the atrocities so by definition can't even admit them.

Unless you are trying to say ignorance is better than justification.

Well that is part of it but I also noticed that people in the East (from the MiddleEast to East Asia) are generally more nationalistic about their nations or ethnic groups are not anywhere near as conducive as people in the West in introspection and self criticism. Arabs are especially horrible in this, they very very rarely will admit to anything that makes them look bad.

arabs hate any type of introspection. there is a big culture of honor and status. but turkey is different the people are ready for those things but their national situation with their government type is not. it is interesting that turkey did take steps and expressed regret back in early 2000s and and i think again in 2007. they also set up an investigative board and offered to work with armenians but it was rejected by armenian government. i suspect the armenians thought the turks would try to conclude it wasnt a genocide.

there are plenty. many of the ones that do just pretend all the deaths were due to disease. you can see it how they try to muddy the waters with terms and always try to weasel their way out of the word 'genocide'

You sure? I can see them arguing about the "Holocaust" term, but genocide is generic.

Knesset Committee Recognizes Armenian Genocide
August 1st, 2016​

Jerusalem (TPS) – The Education, Culture and Sports Committee decided to recognize the Armenian genocide on Monday at a meeting initiated by Meretz Chairwoman MK Zehava Galon.

“It is our moral obligation to recognize the holocaust of the Armenian nation,” said the committee’s chairman and Shas MK Yaakov Margi.

The declaration by the committee is symbolically important in light of Israel’s maintenance of a policy to refrain from officially recognizing the Armenian genocide in which approximately 1.5 million Armenians were reportedly massacred by Ottoman Turkish forces during World War I.

Israel has previously abstained from recognizing the genocide in order to avoid negative repercussions on its relationship with Turkey. Israel signed a reconciliation agreement with the country last month following a strain in bilateral relations since the summer of 2010.

Nevertheless, MK Margi called upon Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein to follow through on remarks he made last year at a committee meeting at which he said that he would work to have the Knesset formally recognize the Armenian genocide.

“I will try to promote the issue and I hope that MKs will know the right way to vote at the moment of truth,” Edelstein said in July of 2015.

“I visited one of the Armenian memorial sites and it is very hard to ignore what I saw there,” he continued . “I expect that I and the Knesset behave appropriately so that we can make decisions according to the moral standards of a democratic state.”

MK Galon also lamented Israel’s continued failure to recognize the Armenian genocide.

“Each year we instill false hope in the people sitting here,” said Galon. “It dishonors the Knesset to continue going on and on about this issue, year after year, without reaching a decision that the State of Israel and the Knesset recognize the genocide of the Armenian people.”

Georgette Avakian, chairwoman of the Armenian National Committee in Jerusalem, echoed remarks made by Margi and Galon.

“The Knesset and the president of the State of Israel must recognize the genocide of our people,” she insisted.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/bre...ttee-recognizes-armenian-genocide/2016/08/01/

Last edited:
Over 300 Egypt MPs Call on Parliament to ‎Recognize Armenian Genocide
July 27, 2016

000_6Z0PG_0.jpg

CAIRO, Egypt (Ahram)—Independent Egyptian Member of Parliament (MP) Mostafa Bakri said that ‎he and 336 MPs have called on the Egyptian Parliament ‎to approve a draft resolution in favor of ‎recognizing the death of 1.5 ‎million Armenians at the hands of the Ottoman state in 1915 as a ‎‎”genocide.” ‎

“Parliament must hold a special session on ‎this subject because it was a crime of mass ‎extermination that should be ‎condemned by all world parliaments,” said ‎Bakri.‎

“New historical evidence has ‎exposed the slaughter of 1.5 million ‎Armenians at the hands of Ottoman Turks ‎between 1915 and 1922,” Bakri said, adding that his proposal “comes after the German ‎Parliament voted last month in favor of ‎recognizing the 1915 massacre as ‎a genocide, and many other countries ‎are expected to follow suit.”

Bakri concluded that “while the Ottomans ‎committed the 1915 massacre, the Erdogan regime is now moving to commit ‎another crime against his political ‎opponents and minorities that seek ‎independence.”‎

The proposal comes after another Egyptian ‎MP, Emad Mahrous, demanded on Sunday that the ‎government grant political ‎asylum to exiled Turkish opposition figure ‎Fethullah Gulen. ‎

Mahrous accused Erdogan of exploiting the failed coup ‎against him this month to detain hundreds ‎of his political opponents and turn Turkey ‎into a Muslim Brotherhood dictatorship. ‎

Talaat Khalil, an MP who supported Bakri’s ‎draft resolution, told reporters that ‎genocide should be condemned by ‎all world governments and parliaments. ‎‎

“Besides, the perpetrators ‎must admit their crimes or even apologize ‎for them,” Khalil added.

‎”But it is clear that the arrogant Erdogan ‎regime will never admit that this massacre [took place] because he believes himself to be a new ‎Ottoman Sultan,” said Khalil. ‎

Khalil added that Egypt has close relations with both the ‎Armenian people and the Turkish people. ‎

‎”Egypt has always been a shelter for the ‎Armenians since the 1915 massacre,” said ‎Khalil, arguing that “out of its political ‎responsibility, Egypt’s Parliament must move ‎to recognize the [genocide] against ‎Armenians.”‎

Khalil concluded by saying that “this should ‎not be taken as a hostile move by the ‎Egyptian Parliament against Turkey, but ‎should be seen as a move that comes out ‎of purely humanist considerations.”‎

Relations between Turkey and Egypt have been strained since the 2013 ouster of Egypt’s Islamist president Mohamed Morsi, a member of the Muslim Brotherhood group and a close ally of Erdogan’s AKP government. Erdogan has repeatedly slammed Morsi’s removal as an “unacceptable coup.”

Cairo has repeatedly accused Ankara of “interference” in its domestic affairs and supporting Islamist militants who carry out terrorist attacks in Egypt.

Turkey provides a safe haven for leading members of the Muslim Brotherhood, which has been banned in Egypt. Ankara also allows TV stations run by sympathizers of the Brotherhood who criticize the government of President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi to broadcast out of Turkey.

http://armenianweekly.com/2016/07/27/egypt-mps-armenian-genocide/

Erdogan gonna flip again.

@Arkain2K what do you think Turkey is ultimately trying to accomplish in your viewpoint?

giphy.gif

Proof: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide_Remembrance_Day

1.5 million Armenians were killed, yet another horrible genocide ordered by a "legit" government.
Unfortunately, it's also a genocide which doesn't receive a lot of media coverage imo.

Mods should enforce a minute of silence (and a couple of extra minutes for posters I don't like).

What are your thoughts on the Armenian Genocide?

It happened and nobody wants to piss Turkey off so it is ignored.

Didn't happen. Also, new evidence shows that Armenian's committed genocide on Turks! Turks were just acting in self defense. So we didn't actually kill any Armenian's and the ones we did kill, it was completely in self defense. [/Turkish nationalist]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back