International Turkey is Angry that the Massacre of 1,500,000 Armenians is Finally Being Recognized a "Genocide"

It formed the basis for the very existence of Turkey as an ethnostate.

...and it involved the extermination of half the Armenians in the world and maybe the most violent persecution based on religion in modern history.
The Kurds aren’t Turks though. Sans them, then turkey today is pretty homogenous.

im for acknowledging the genocide but I think this is bad timing and poor judgement by biden to piss off turkey while china is becoming a naval power and we are weak from covid mandates and shutdowns.

im for acknowledging the genocide but I think this is bad timing and poor judgement by biden to piss off turkey while china is becoming a naval power and we are weak from covid mandates and shutdowns.

The US should have recognized it decades ago, but better late than never. Better to recognize it and piss Turkey off than not recognize it. Turkey was already moving away from NATO, with the US threatening to withold F35s because Turkey purchased the S-400. Erdogan has been trying to push an Islamist agend, so he has been moving away from teh E.U.

Turkey may drift towards China, though considering China is genociding Muslim Turkic speakers, how much Turkey embraces China is arguable. In any case, the US can contain China's naval rise by other means, rather than denying the Armenian genocide.

It’s not like it was this administration. Recognize it. Say it should never had happened and won’t again. But that won’t happen.

There's no such thing as "good timing" for as long as the descendants of the culprit continues their genocide denial over the next century. Keep in mind that eventhough Russia is trying to cozy up to Turkey, they recognized it all the same.

I'm with North America, South America, Europe, Russia, and the Pope on this one, let's call this spade a space.

Dark Green: Recognized nationally.
Light Green: Recognized at state/provincial level.
Red: Denial.

1280px-Nations_recognising_the_Armenian_Genocide.svg.png

Last edited:
I hope the Turkish propaganda machine starts talking about slavery and the genocide of some American Indian groups again and then Biden just comes out and says he agrees with them and that America is ashamed of that part of our history.

I hope the Turkish propaganda machine starts talking about slavery and the genocide of some American Indian groups again and then Biden just comes out and says he agrees with them and that America is ashamed of that part of our history.

The CCP already tried all of that, and it's pretty much just copy and pasted from U.S History textbooks. <Lmaoo>

The whataboutism was meant to be some kind of gotcha in retaliation for the recognition of the atrocities happening in Xianjang (which the CCP still fervently denies and prohibits their people to even talk about), but ends up a massive anti-climatic dud since even High School kids in America already knew everything that China is just now finding out from American historians and act like it's some kind of amazing discovery, even though U.S history is freely-researched by any scholars without persecution from any politician, and is widely-recognized by everybody.

Absolutely bizarre, and ironically hilarious. I wouldn't mind if Erdogan learn to read a real History textbook next.

Last edited:
The CCP already tried that, and it's pretty much just copy and pasted from U.S History textbooks.
Yeah but it’s missing the part where the standing president says “Yes and...?”

It’s hilarious your line about US history textbooks, because it’s so true, and these countries are utterly incapable of basic Western concepts such as “self-reflection” and “self-criticism”

Thread Index:

Turkey Recalls Ambassador After Pope Francis Called The Ottoman Turks' Systematic Slaughtering of 1.5 Million Armenians "The First Genocide of the 20th Century"
By NICOLE WINFIELD | April 12, 2015

QX6R67ZBEISNSXOGHYUDUEXOYM.jpg

9c87322d6be16f10730f6a7067004c9a.jpg

www.yahoo.com/news/pope-calls-armenian-slaughter-1st-genocide-20th-century-071157057.html

1kxup2.jpg

!00%

Back