International Turkey is Angry that the Massacre of 1,500,000 Armenians is Finally Being Recognized a "Genocide"

You know your historical handy work is famous when the F

The Catholic church should know all about genocide considering it has unparalleled expertise in conducting it for the last 1700 or so years.

The Independent posted about it, and fuckloads of Turks came on to protest. Most of them were along the lines of "look at so-and-so", as if the Nazis trying to wipe out Jews, Gypsies, etc makes trying to wipe out Armenians acceptable in comparison. A few denied it even happened. I guess they all dropped dead on their own.

I'm perfectly okay with accepting that my country's done some fucking horrific things at times, so why can't they? It doesn't mean that you did it.

Seriously, I don't get that mentality either.

1) It was a hundred years ago.
2) It was carried out by a different government.

It has nothing to do with the any of the modern-day citizens of Turkey personally, but by saying that 1.5 Millions of Armenians just disappeared into thin air after they got rounded up by the Ottoman authorities, today's Turks are essentially making themself complicit to the killing by actively covering it up.

No modern-day Americans would deny that the Natives got butchered like animals back in the days, I don't know why modern-day Turks are still trying to deny something that the entire world knew the Ottoman Empire did.

This is something I have noticed for years from dominant MiddleEastern and South Asians cultures, they can never admit to all the genocides and atrocities they committed . Same could be said for East Asia , I mean look at the Japanese and how they deny and or try to downplay their WW2 atrocities. Or China's behavior in Tibet and Xinjiang ; though I don't know if the average Chinese admits to it and if its only the government that tries to deny it. Or Indonesia and their genocide in East Timor.

Japan's whitewashing their World War II atrocities is just about the only thing I despise about Japan.

They should be working with South Korea to deter China's aggression, yet they can't even admit something as simple as the thousands upon thousands of Korean women who were rounded up and forced into sexual services with the Imperial army, one Japanese soldier after another, days after days, are literally sex slaves.

cant offend the turks,i mean,theyre so valuable in the fight against ISI......................................... bwahahaha

Japan's whitewashing their World War II atrocities is just about the only thing I despise about Japan.

They should be working with South Korea to deter China's aggression, yet they can't even admit something as simple as the thousands upon thousands of Korean women who were rounded up and forced into sexual services with the Imperial army, one Japanese soldier after another, days after days, are literally sex slaves.
lol

UNITED STATES
OFFICE OF WAR INFORMATION
Psychological Warfare Team
Attached to
U.S. Army Forces
India-Burma Theater
APO 689
Japanese Prisoner
of War Interrogation
Report No. 49.
Place interrogated: Ledo Stockade
Date Interrogated: Aug. 20 - Sept. 10, 1944
Date of Report: October 1, 1944
By: T/3 Alex Yorichi

Prisoners: 20 Korean Comfort Girls
Date of Capture: August 10, 1944
Date of Arrival: August 15, 1944

at Stockade
PREFACE
This report is based on the information obtained from the interrogation of twenty Korean "comfort girls" and two Japanese civilians captured around the tenth of August, 1944 in the mopping up operations after the fall of Myitkyin a in Burma.

The report shows how the Japanese recruited these Korean "comfort girls", the conditions under which they lived and worked, their relations with and reaction to the Japanese soldier, and their understanding of the military situation.

A "comfort girl" is nothing more than a prostitute or "professional camp follower" attached to the Japanese Army for the benefit of the soldiers. The word "comfort girl" is peculiar to the Japanese. Other reports show the "comfort girls" have been found wherever it was necessary for the Japanese Army to fight. This report however deals only with the Korean "comfort girls" recruited by the Japanese and attached to their Army in Burma. The Japanese are reported to have shipped some 703 of these girls to Burma in 1942...

In Myitkyina the girls were usually quartered in a large two story house (usually a school building) with a separate room for each girl. There each girl lived, slept, and transacted business. In Myitkina their food was prepared by and purchased from the "house master" as they received no regular ration from the Japanese Army. They lived in near-luxury in Burma in comparison to other places. This was especially true of their second year in Burma. They lived well because their food and material was not heavily rationed and they had plenty of money with which to purchase desired articles. They were able to buy cloth, shoes, cigarettes, and cosmetics to supplement the many gifts given to them by soldiers who had received "comfort bags" from home.

While in Burma they amused themselves by participating in sports events with both officers and men, and attended picnics, entertainments, and social dinners. They had a phonograph and in the towns they were allowed to go shopping.

PAY AND LIVING CONDITIONS;

The "house master" received fifty to sixty per cent of the girls' gross earnings depending on how much of a debt each girl had incurred when she signed her contract. This meant that in an average month a girl would gross about fifteen hundred yen. She turned over seven hundred and fifty to the "master". Many "masters" made life very difficult for the girls by charging them high prices for food and other articles.

In the latter part of 1943 the Army issued orders that certain girls who had paid their debt could return home. Some of the girls were thus allowed to return to Korea.

The interrogations further show that the health of these girls was good. They were well supplied with all types of contraceptives, and often soldiers would bring their own which had been supplied by the army. They were well trained in looking after both themselves and customers in the matter of hygiene. A regular Japanese Army doctor visited the houses once a week and any girl found diseased was given treatment, secluded, and eventually sent to a hospital. This same procedure was carried on within the ranks of the Army itself, but it is interesting to note that a soldier did not lose pay during the period he was confined.

http://www.exordio.com/1939-1945/codex/Documentos/report-49-USA-orig.html
And Westerners babbling about genocide denial is hilarious considering that Anglo-Saxon countries have been masters at it.

For example My Lai is presented as an aberration but we now know that MANY such massacres were conducted against the Vietnamese civilians by Americans (see the Nick Turse book), and their South Korean lackeys.

Most recently American criminals waged a war of aggression against Iraq followed by NATO destruction of Libya. So if I were them, I would keep my mouth shut before accusing others.

This is something I have noticed for years from dominant MiddleEastern and South Asians cultures, they can never admit to all the genocides and atrocities they committed . Same could be said for East Asia , I mean look at the Japanese and how they deny and or try to downplay their WW2 atrocities. Or China's behavior in Tibet and Xinjiang ; though I don't know if the average Chinese admits to it and if its only the government that tries to deny it. Or Indonesia and their genocide in East Timor.

I think denial is the rule not the exception.

Turkey should just own it and blame the Ottoman Empire.

And funny how South Korea didn't bring up these alleged "sex slaves" in 1965 when Japan signed a normalization of relations agreement and paid compensation to SK (at that time the Japanese government proposed to compensate each individual claimant but the Korean gov't insisted that they would take care of the compensation, got the lump sum and used it to build infrastructure which they hid from the Korean people) along with several other Asian countries.

After all if 200,000 women were really kidnapped to be sex slaves during the war, then why not bring it up just 20 years after the war during the compensation negotiations?

And what kind of an imbecilic army would go to the extent of kidnapping 200,000 women from Korea while fighting a life and death war against the West?

And why just Korea, why not Taiwan as Taiwan was under Japanese rule even longer than Korea (50 vs 35).

Also when are the Americans and South Koreans going to compensate Vietnam for all the destruction and atrocities (there are still babies born with deformities due to your use of Agent Orange).

When is Britain going to apologize and compensate India and a number of other countries for their colonial tyranny and atrocities?

The thing that is interesting about the Pope is he has an odd mix of support in the Arab world.

RTR3QRA8.jpg

Palestine loves the pope in fact his popularity is huge especially when he made some controversial remarks during his visit. Jordan loves the pope because he has talked considerably about the plight of poor Arabs.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...stine-visit-bethlehem-israel-occupation.html#

lol

And Westerners babbling about genocide denial is hilarious considering that Anglo-Saxon countries have been masters at it.

For example My Lai is presented as an aberration but we now know that MANY such massacres were conducted against the Vietnamese civilians by Americans (see the Nick Turse book), and their South Korean lackeys.

Most recently American criminals waged a war of aggression against Iraq followed by NATO destruction of Libya. So if I were them, I would keep my mouth shut before accusing others.

Yeah, yeah. America is evil and what not. Never fails that one of you douchebags will show up in these threads.

fisticuffa's glass jaw getting touched repetedly by the western jab.

He should just come out and call Islam evil bullshit. Benedict almost said as much, you can bet privately he thinks it is a diabolical teaching. And fuck Erdogan. The genocide happened, your nation and religion perpetrated. Ethnic cleansing was invented by Islam in the Balkans, not Serbs.

While I don't think westerners are precluded from denouncing atrocities simply due to their own history ...

Yeah, yeah. America is evil and what not. Never fails that one of you douchebags will show up in these threads.

Are you arguing that those events did not happen, or that they weren't evil?

While I don't think westerners are precluded from denouncing atrocities simply due to their own history ...

Are you arguing that those events did not happen, or that they weren't evil?

Doubtless he was arguing/stating that those events are NOT THE TOPIC being discussed in this thread.

If someone would like to discuss those topics, or the genocide of the native Tasmanians or any other group, feel free, but just yelling into every conversation 'yeah, but, the USA...!' is ridiculous.

Thumbs up for the Pope calling a spade a spade.

The ADL (Anti-Defamation League) for many years argued against it being called a genocide.

Only jews can be victims of genocide, it is known.

The Catholic church should know all about genocide considering it has unparalleled expertise in conducting it for the last 1700 or so years.

LOLwut?

I think denial is the rule not the exception.

Absolutely.

Arabs practically never talk about their long history of slavery, which continues to this day. When Western critics do bring it up, the Arab slavery apologists claim that it wasn't really slavery because their slaves were treated better (according to them) than slaves in the West.

Back