Trump perception in Italy

His policies towards immigration and refugess are the most liked.

People are also a lot impressed by his resolve and boldness.
Conisder that the current italian prime minister is in office since december 2016 and didn't do or even say anything substantial since. This is an european trend, politician are just becoming administrators, the choiches are made at EU level (without any kind of democracy involved).
It's refreshing to see someone like Trump, and he give us some hope.
So you're saying when Trump said in his inauguration speech

"America First"

italians were like
45359520.jpg

A President that stands for his country first.

I'm from Italy, obviously the 90% of the media are bashing Trump everyday, they basically translates CNN or NYT articles and that's it.

The awesome thing is that the italians are not buying their shit. I never saw a US president so openly supported by italians.

I'm sure a lot of you will not believe this, because it does not fit the narrative that the media are trying to feed you.
You want a proof? Well, if you can read italian check any italian newspaper website or facebook page... you will find the same articles bashing Trump and its politics.
Now check the comments sections: even on traditional left wing newspapers, the majority of the comments are in Trump support.
"La Repubblica" just posted an article about Trump in its facebook page, there are now 7 comments, 6 of them being supportive to Trump. "La Repubblica" is a moderate left wing newspaper that is read by moderate and not so moderate leftist people.

Even in the italian version of the Huffington Post at least half of the comments are in Trump support!

Trump has never said anything about Italy. And Italy is known for corrupt government. Italians' opinion on politicians are worthless.

italians don't have a book that tells them to act in a certain way, enough with the dumb false equivalences

You're absolutely clueless on the heights of the American Mafia and the amount they control the country of Italy.

You're Fn clueless. But because they don't have a book must erase what Omertà stands for.

Please educate yourself on simple history. Nothing I said was remotely close to being false. Nothing

You're absolutely clueless on the heights of the American Mafia and the amount they control the country of Italy.

You're Fn clueless. But because they don't have a book must erase what Omertà stands for.

Please educate yourself on simple history. Nothing I said was remotely close to being false. Nothing
oh look typical know it all libtard, clueless

oh look typical know it all libtard, clueless

The American Mafia has killed more people in this country than radical Islam can ever hope to kill.

That's why organizations like anti defimation Italian leagues were created. Because people were lumping the overwhelming peaceful majority in with the bad apples.

There in fact was a time when Italians were not trusted and hated.

But this is common knowledge and basic history. Something you know absolutely nothing about.

I didn't get past the OP because I need something cleared up.

Are we really using the comments sections as indicators of popular thought?

I'm not saying that Italians don't support Trump. I wouldn't know since I don't live there. But I do know that comment sections don't tell us anything of value.

The American Mafia has killed more people in this country than radical Islam can ever hope to kill.

That's why organizations like anti defimation Italian leagues were created. Because people were lumping the overwhelming peaceful majority in with the bad apples.

There in fact was a time when Italians were not trusted and hated.

But this is common knowledge and basic history. Something you know absolutely nothing about.
dude muslims follow the qur'an , the qur'an tells them that the infidels are worthless scum, also it promotes the violent sharia law, islam isn't compatible with our values

I didn't get past the OP because I need something cleared up.

Are we really using the comments sections as indicators of popular thought?

I'm not saying that Italians don't support Trump. I wouldn't know since I don't live there. But I do know that comment sections don't tell us anything of value.
My first instinct was to think OP is a troll for this very reason
Jury is still out on that

6 comments on 1 site?

All the proof I need. Italy loves Trump like it loves pizza and not wearing deodorant.

dude muslims follow the qur'an , the qur'an tells them that the infidels are worthless scum, also it promotes the violent sharia law, islam isn't compatible with our values

And none of that has anything to do with what I was stating above.

The Greeks, the Italians the Chinese. At one point they were the Muslims.

If you look at actual real world evidence the overwhelming majority of Muslims in America have been nothing but peaceful people.

Possibly educate yourself before you come here acting like a fool. My original point still stands. There was a time Italians were lumped together because of the Mafia. That is a fact.

Exactly.

The problem in Italy is that even the bigger "populist" party is absolutely shit.

But I'm convinced that Italy will not suffer the grim fate of Germany, Sweden, or even France, for a very simple reason: the majority of the people in the Army and in police forces, escpecially the ones in the higher ranks, are Fascists, and sooner or later they will act.

We Italians created Fascims 100 years ago. I really hope that we will not need it, but day after day I'm more and more convinced that a resurgence is inevitable.

It's funny how history repeats itself.

In America, conservative speakers and rallies are constantly being targeted by communists. The real police are always ordered to stand down and pretend that nothing is happening while property is burning and people are being beaten. Does the right-wing need its own private security to protect themselves now?

Dun dun dun... that's exactly how the Brown Shirts got created.

And none of that has anything to do with what I was stating above.

The Greeks, the Italians the Chinese. At one point they were the Muslims.

If you look at actual real world evidence the overwhelming majority of Muslims in America have been nothing but peaceful people.

Possibly educate yourself before you come here acting like a fool. My original point still stands. There was a time Italians were lumped together because of the Mafia. That is a fact.
false equivalence again, you're a cuck , we can't absolutely let turds like you be our downfall.

false equivalence again, you're a cuck , we can't absolutely let turds like you be our downfall.

Lol honestly I get you're very uneducated and your brain can only form the sentence above to bolster your claims but I suggest reading something about hisotry and negative feelings towards Mediterranean immigrants in the later part of the 19th century and during the 20th century.

Plus more modern day discrimination towards groups like Italians. Probably easier for you to just stay uneducated and uninformed though. Helps you keep your narrow view of the world.

Actually you are saying that. In your previous post, you actually literally said it might be necessary. So, likewise back atcha with the faux outrage. Criticism of the actions of the Trump regime is not a ridiculous angle, however much his supporters might wish people to believe otherwise, nor is educating people about how immigrants have been treated historically in France a guilt trip. It's just the truth. And there are problems that need solving, but denying the contribution of the white majority toward the problem is not helping to solve it, so again, I say fuck fascism, fuck white nationlism and fuck its supporters.

Immigrants have been treated badly in French history.. so what? How does that lead to any solutions that fix the problem right now? It doesn't. That's why it's guilt tripping.

Fuck white nationalism? I understand that sentiment here in America. But that's dangerous for Europe. They are indigenous-white countries. You want them to destroy their cultures and indigenous peoples? And for what, some worldwide egalitarian ideology? Just for some ideology?

Do you also think that the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese.. Arabs, Africans, etc. should voluntarily destroy their peoples and cultures? Or is ethnic nationalism Ok for them but not for Europeans? Why?

It's a shame that the indigenous peoples in North America and Australia don't exist anymore. Europe shouldn't have to suffer the same fate and lose its indigenous peoples just to make things fair.

Immigrants have been treated badly in French history.. so what? How does that lead to any solutions that fix the problem right now? It doesn't. That's why it's guilt tripping.

Fuck white nationalism? I understand that sentiment here in America. But that's dangerous for Europe. They are indigenous-white countries. You want them to destroy their cultures and indigenous peoples? And for what, some worldwide egalitarian ideology? Just for some ideology?

Do you also think that the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese.. Arabs, Africans, etc. should voluntarily destroy their peoples and cultures? Or is ethnic nationalism Ok for them but not for Europeans? Why?

It's a shame that the indigenous peoples in North America and Australia don't exist anymore. Europe shouldn't have to suffer the same fate and lose its indigenous peoples just to make things fair.
Seems you've not heard the oft-repeated phrase, those who neglect their history are condemned to repeat it. And anyway, I didn't say in French history, as though it was 100's of years ago as you would imply by your remark, but recent history as in the last 30-40 years. It has been a constant chorus all over the War Room for the past I don't know how long that Europe is going to shit because of immigrants but I maintain that it's because Europe has been making it tough for brown people of all persuasions for decades and now they are trying to blame the turmoil on the people they have oppressed as if that is some kind of big surprise that if you beat down a bunch of people based upon their skin color or religion or where they are from originally, there will eventually be backlash from that same group. A similar situation now exists in the US where a certain group is being scapegoated to explain away all the nation's problems when they have nothing to do with immigrants and everything to do with how their government treats people at home and abroad.

Horse shit.

My best friend is stationed in Italy and they are openly mocked wherever they go because of "presidente"... He is loathed and he is a joke just like in every other country. We are a laughing stock.
I've been trying to tell people that since before the election but apparently it doesn't matter because MAGA.

Seems you've not heard the oft-repeated phrase, those who neglect their history are condemned to repeat it. And anyway, I didn't say in French history, as though it was 100's of years ago as you would imply by your remark, but recent history as in the last 30-40 years. It has been a constant chorus all over the War Room for the past I don't know how long that Europe is going to shit because of immigrants but I maintain that it's because Europe has been making it tough for brown people of all persuasions for decades and now they are trying to blame the turmoil on the people they have oppressed as if that is some kind of big surprise that if you beat down a bunch of people based upon their skin color or religion or where they are from originally, there will eventually be backlash from that same group. A similar situation now exists in the US where a certain group is being scapegoated to explain away all the nation's problems when they have nothing to do with immigrants and everything to do with how their government treats people at home and abroad.
All that is true.. So what?

It's also true that the US helped create the refugee crisis. But how does acknowledging that solve any immigration or terrorism problems for the United States? It doesn't. It will just guilt trip you into supporting self-destructive policies.

The policy that helps the United States the most is still to not take any refugees.

All that is true.. So what?

It's also true that the US helped create the refugee crisis. But how does acknowledging that solve any immigration or terrorism problems for the United States? It doesn't. It will just guilt trip you into supporting self-destructive policies.

The policy that helps the United States the most is still to not take any refugees.
So what? So fuck white nationalism, that's what. What's your point?

The same is true about Christianity. The problem with Islam is that so many people still take it seriously. Even the "moderates" are still religious.

So what? So fuck white nationalism, that's what. What's your point?
A Europe without white nationalism this century is a Europe that will no longer have homelands for its own people, and a Europe that will have its native cultures and indigenous peoples destroyed via dilution over time.

That would be very sad to see happen. Just like it would also be sad to see China taken over by brown people, Japan taken over by white anime nerds, etc. They wouldn't be China or Japan anymore.

(personally I'm a bit mixed and wouldn't fit in with white nationalists. if it matters)

Imagine a Beijing where you get on the bus and it's all Muslims? Imagine a Tokyo where you get on the train and there's not a Japanese person in sight? Imagine an Italy where you don't see any Italian people or a Germany that's not even 50% German? Who really wants that?

Last edited:
Back