The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, v2-- Passiflora Edition

Only played up to the gryphon last night so I haven't dabbled in anything so far but I'll check it out.

I'm playing on Blood and Bones. Movement just feels incredibly floaty, Geralt has no weight to him or his attacks. Even something as simple as mounting a horse can be annoying.

Same gripes I had as last time but I was coming off Bloodborne so it made them much more unbearable. It's a lot more tolerable this time around and I already found myself getting more into it.

You and I started at a similar time it seems. Keep playing - I had the same gripes but it gets much better as you get used to it.

Starte playing path of exile. Its ok so far but not as good as diablo as people said

Still early though so itmight get a lot better

You and I started at a similar time it seems. Keep playing - I had the same gripes but it gets much better as you get used to it.
Yeah I'm getting there. The combat and other game mechanics are starting to click. Now that I'm opening up the world a bit more I'm having a lot more fun just wandering around.

It's definitely a better game than I gave it credit for.

Yeah I'm getting there. The combat and other game mechanics are starting to click. Now that I'm opening up the world a bit more I'm having a lot more fun just wandering around.

It's definitely a better game than I gave it credit for.

The fights become a little less straight forward too. Pissed me off doing the same prep every fight.

Also, Gwent is amazing.

Played through the entire Baron of Blood questline last night. I can see why so many people talk about it. Felt like a small movie tucked away in this massive game.

I realized last night that I'm still going through some tutorials and I really only scratched the surface of the game.

Witcher 3 is a GOAT game. The amount of love and care that was poured into that game comes through in spades every time I play it.

Played through the entire Baron of Blood questline last night. I can see why so many people talk about it. Felt like a small movie tucked away in this massive game.

I realized last night that I'm still going through some tutorials and I really only scratched the surface of the game.

I'm at the same point. Did you also notice that none of the quests feel like a fetch quest? I'm trying to do all of the side quests and explore everything. The side quests alone feel like legit stories - not just a random side quest to get something extra.

I'm just getting into this game, pretty good. Seems to be taking me forever to level up. Combat is a mess but not as bad as I was expecting based on reviews. The camera pisses me off. Sometimes it takes me like 30 tries to pick something up off the ground.

I'm at the same point. Did you also notice that none of the quests feel like a fetch quest? I'm trying to do all of the side quests and explore everything. The side quests alone feel like legit stories - not just a random side quest to get something extra.

The bleeding tree quest was surprisingly deep for a small quest that you stumble upon.

I'm just getting into this game, pretty good. Seems to be taking me forever to level up. Combat is a mess but not as bad as I was expecting based on reviews. The camera pisses me off. Sometimes it takes me like 30 tries to pick something up off the ground.

The controls aren't as precise as you would wish with movement but you should be able to adjust. You level up through quest completion so do the side quests to get levels faster. You also get exp for finding new areas as well.

Finally wrapped this game up. Really sunk it's claws in, it's all I've played for three weeks. The combat wasn't nearly as bad as I thought once I really got into it. I had a nice blend of melee, signs, and alchemy going which made it more interesting. Still not great but not that bad.

The world that CDPR crafted is unreal. The ability to craft that many storylines and not have them devolve into mindless fetch quests is pretty astounding. Some of my favorite quests had nothing to do with the main story at all. NPCs don't feel nearly as much like mindless drones as they do in so many open world games.

Gwent is amazingly addictive. I was disappointed that I had neglected it during my first play through until the end of the game. Once you get a decent deck and strategies going it's a ton of fun.

Roach might be the most frustrating fucking thing in this game. No idea how many times that idiot reared up when I was traveling down a flat road for seemingly nothing. He spawns in the worst locations and always takes the absolute longest route to get to you.

I didn't have too many issues with glitches but one of the DLC quests (Wolf Armor Set) was broken which was disappointing.

The music is fantastic and the area music in Skellige is one of my favorites from any game.

Wish I would have given this game a chance when it came out. I don't think I'd place it quite as high as a lot of people but it's easily one of the best games of this generation. Looking forward to the DLC now.

Witcher 3 is a GOAT game. The amount of love and care that was poured into that game comes through in spades every time I play it.
witcher-3-message-640x839.jpg

from the minute I opened it I felt the love. CDPR will have me as a loyal friend forever

witcher-3-message-640x839.jpg

from the minute I opened it I felt the love. CDPR will have me as a loyal friend forever
CDPR and Naughty Dog are the only developers that I still trust and the only companys where I pre-order every game without regret

My new GF is just starting to play Witcher 3 on my PS4 and I'll hook her up with the remote play option on her MacBook.

Fuck, she's going to spend so much time on this massive massive game.

I also need to upgrade my hdd because Witcher3 has a big fucking foot stamp and I've got games I need to play like Yakuza 0.

Finally wrapped this game up. Really sunk it's claws in, it's all I've played for three weeks. The combat wasn't nearly as bad as I thought once I really got into it. I had a nice blend of melee, signs, and alchemy going which made it more interesting. Still not great but not that bad.

The world that CDPR crafted is unreal. The ability to craft that many storylines and not have them devolve into mindless fetch quests is pretty astounding. Some of my favorite quests had nothing to do with the main story at all. NPCs don't feel nearly as much like mindless drones as they do in so many open world games.

Gwent is amazingly addictive. I was disappointed that I had neglected it during my first play through until the end of the game. Once you get a decent deck and strategies going it's a ton of fun.

Roach might be the most frustrating fucking thing in this game. No idea how many times that idiot reared up when I was traveling down a flat road for seemingly nothing. He spawns in the worst locations and always takes the absolute longest route to get to you.

I didn't have too many issues with glitches but one of the DLC quests (Wolf Armor Set) was broken which was disappointing.

The music is fantastic and the area music in Skellige is one of my favorites from any game.

Wish I would have given this game a chance when it came out. I don't think I'd place it quite as high as a lot of people but it's easily one of the best games of this generation. Looking forward to the DLC now.

Half of the dudes here think that Dark Souls is a better 'RPG' game. I want to Event Horizon my eyes when I hear that.

Half of the dudes here think that Dark Souls is a better 'RPG' game. I want to Event Horizon my eyes when I hear that.
Depends, I think Witcher is a better RPG in terms of world building, dialogue, etc., but as both are action RPG's SoulsBorne blows it out of the water in terms of gameplay for me.

Showed GF my Witcher 3 end game home with all the shit I got.

She's already jealous about Yennefer. Told her I've got two seperate bedrooms at the winery because Yennefer doesn't like when I bring the hookers back home via the village notice board and she believed me after she played through the beginning of the game.

I probably need to back that save game up somewhere she can't find it.

Bought this last night, with all the DLC, for $29.99. Can't wait to boot it up.

Bonus Like for the Event Horizon reference... Saw that movie in the theater with some buddies. There might have been a total of 10 people in that theater. The ending resulted in the quietest group exit out of a movie theater I have ever experienced. Totally underrated movie and I wish it had done better so a sequel could have been produced...

Back