The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, v2-- Passiflora Edition

Finished the game last night. Beat the last DLC, Blood and Wine.

I got the tragic and bad endings and wanted to get the good ending only to realize I got screwed out of it. Oh well.

I recommend Alchemy, more specifically, builds that allow for decoctions.

The game is phenomenal.
Only played up to the gryphon last night so I haven't dabbled in anything so far but I'll check it out.
What difficulty are you playing on? I originally played this for about 4 or 5 hours but dropped it because it felt too clunky too me and didn't pull me in. I have it another try a few months ago and bumped up the difficulty to the one more difficult than normal (blood and bones?) and the extra challenge made the combat a bit more fun. But to be honest pretty much all of my battles go quen->dodge->attack 2-3 times->dodge etc.

I played about 15 hours more I think but once again i dropped it but more because other games got in the way as opposed to not really liking it. I think some patches may have smoothed out some of the movement as it feels much better than what I remember
I'm playing on Blood and Bones. Movement just feels incredibly floaty, Geralt has no weight to him or his attacks. Even something as simple as mounting a horse can be annoying.

Same gripes I had as last time but I was coming off Bloodborne so it made them much more unbearable. It's a lot more tolerable this time around and I already found myself getting more into it.

Only played up to the gryphon last night so I haven't dabbled in anything so far but I'll check it out.

I'm playing on Blood and Bones. Movement just feels incredibly floaty, Geralt has no weight to him or his attacks. Even something as simple as mounting a horse can be annoying.

Same gripes I had as last time but I was coming off Bloodborne so it made them much more unbearable. It's a lot more tolerable this time around and I already found myself getting more into it.

You eventually get over the floatiness. I know you're a big souls guy so it may take you longer, but eventually you get there.

The gameplay in W3 is actually quite fun when you get past that. It is a very nice blend of action and tactical rpg elements, IMO.

And it has the best narrative in any game available right now.

You eventually get over the floatiness. I know you're a big souls guy so it may take you longer, but eventually you get there.

The gameplay in W3 is actually quite fun when you get past that. It is a very nice blend of action and tactical rpg elements, IMO.

And it has the best narrative in any game available right now.
I'm sure I will. I was able to overcome Skyrim's combat (mostly because of sneak/archery) so I'm sure this will be fine. It's not terrible by any means, just a big step down from what I'm used to.

I've already found myself exhausting every dialogue option there is. In just a small amount of time the main story and even side quest characters have been interesting to meet and talk to.

I'm sure I will. I was able to overcome Skyrim's combat (mostly because of sneak/archery) so I'm sure this will be fine. It's not terrible by any means, just a big step down from what I'm used to.

I've already found myself exhausting every dialogue option there is. In just a small amount of time the main story and even side quest characters have been interesting to meet and talk to.

If you're into the narrative you will enjoy the game. It truly does deliver on the promise of real consequences to actions/decisions.

I'd say anyone that isn't hooked after starting the bloody baron quest line probably won't like the game. The Bloody Baron quest/chapter/arch is probably in my top 5 ever. It's that good.

If you're into the narrative you will enjoy the game. It truly does deliver on the promise of real consequences to actions/decisions.

I'd say anyone that isn't hooked after starting the bloody baron quest line probably won't like the game. The Bloody Baron quest/chapter/arch is probably in my top 5 ever. It's that good.
The crones of Crookback are fantastic villains.

Just a tip to improve controls, in the options menu choose alternate control method which gives more precise control of Geralt.

I got this game for Christmas on the PS4 and boy oh boy is it a treat. I've already managed to get to Novigrad, and the Bloody Baron quest was spectacular. I am a sucker for sidequesting and finding the question marks, so I managed to go to almost all of them. I starting going to the ones on the far right side of the map after I had access over there, and whoops. Everything is ?? with a skull and kills me really hard. I managed to kill a ?? bear because they're easy to figure out their pattern and they're solo. I guess it's time to go into the city.

I always forget to apply oils, and I don't use many potions because toxicity wrecks me.

I got this game for Christmas on the PS4 and boy oh boy is it a treat. I've already managed to get to Novigrad, and the Bloody Baron quest was spectacular. I am a sucker for sidequesting and finding the question marks, so I managed to go to almost all of them. I starting going to the ones on the far right side of the map after I had access over there, and whoops. Everything is ?? with a skull and kills me really hard. I managed to kill a ?? bear because they're easy to figure out their pattern and they're solo. I guess it's time to go into the city.

I always forget to apply oils, and I don't use many potions because toxicity wrecks me.
Hahah you sound like someone who hasn't been getting a lot of sleep. It seriously is the best game ever

I just got the dlcs on sale on psn, so i'm gonna get back into it soon, i have over 100hrs played but i still havent beat the main story.

Finished the game last night. Beat the last DLC, Blood and Wine.

I got the tragic and bad endings and wanted to get the good ending only to realize I got screwed out of it. Oh well.

Define good.

I was well pleased with the ending I got.

Cyri is Empress and I bang the hot witch at my comfy home.

Define good.

I was well pleased with the ending I got.

Cyri is Empress and I bang the hot witch at my comfy home.

that's an ending from the main story. I was talking about an expansion pack I downloaded, but anyway the ending I got was Ciri becomes a Witcher and Geralt and Yennefer moved away together.

that's an ending from the main story. I was talking about an expansion pack I downloaded, but anyway the ending I got was Ciri becomes a Witcher and Geralt and Yennefer moved away together.

I finished the expansion as well.

I don't count your ending as 'good', she's the right person for the power.

I finished the expansion as well.

I don't count your ending as 'good', she's the right person for the power.

It's considered to be the good ending. The ending I got in Blood and Wine was
Syanna kills her sister, then Syanna gets shot down. I also got the ending where Geralt ends up in jail.

It's considered to be the good ending. The ending I got in Blood and Wine was
Syanna kills her sister, then Syanna gets shot down. I also got the ending where Geralt ends up in jail.

Clever compassionate girl brought by Gerald ends up
empress of a fascist warmongering empire and can reform it vs her going around chopping up monsters...

Clever compassionate girl brought by Gerald ends up
empress of a fascist warmongering empire and can reform it vs her going around chopping up monsters...

She wanted to be a Witcher tho

Make sure to save often. You may not get the ending that you desire.

I made a melee/alchemy fucused on toxicity (more toxic, more damage) build with that Aerondight sword omg nothing stands in my way.

Back