The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, v2-- Passiflora Edition

Anyone else experience a minor glitch where markers on the world map doesn't show up even though you've visited them already?? Happening to me right now at Novigrad.

Damn it. For the Griffen sword but I haven't met a journeyman weapon smith yet.

Finally need to hit the big cities I guess.

Bloodborne beats this for game of the year.

You might as well compare apples to oranges.

And Mad Max does the Bloodborne/Arkham rhythm fight game genre better. Shadows of Mordor as well.

Killed two wyverns and then a royal wvyern that came out after that. It was one of those situations where you thought you were fucked (me lvl 15, them being lvl 21) but thanks to Quen it was actually pretty easy to kill them, to bad i got no sword for my lvl.

You might as well compare apples to oranges.

And Mad Max does the Bloodborne/Arkham rhythm fight game genre better. Shadows of Mordor as well.

Bloodborne isn't rhythm fighting, SoM, Batman and Mad Max are cookie cutters of each others. No originality, just reskinning.

Whoops, good looking out.

So there seems to be a bug involving some quests, particularly the main quest not rewarding any exp. Any of you guys got that? With how little exp is gain I've never paid attention, but now I'm wondering if I may have missed out on some serious exp. Hopefully when they patch it, it'll be retroactive.

I hope not. I am leveling way too fast as it is. Haven't explored any of the places of interest and still have a backlog of quests that are below my level.

Bloodborne isn't rhythm fighting, SoM, Batman and Mad Max are cookie cutters of each others. No originality, just reskinning.
don't forget the new assassins creed. As for bloodbourne it is a fucking **** just a game to fill the gap between DS2 and DS3 just damn ploy fromsoftware and sony set up to sell controllers.

what the fuck? did you do no side quest?

Wow already ? How many hours did you put in ? I'm level 10 , about 50 hours in , barely touched the main quests yet.

I pretty much just played until my eyes bled lol.

I did quite a few side quests but I tried to stick to the main quests as best as I could. I was level 29 with around 80+ hours when I beat it. I'll probably post some screencaps of my loadout tomorrow.

I loved Bloodborne, but give the nod to Witcher. Just much more game there.

BB's combat mechanics shit all over witcher, though.

Killed two wyverns and then a royal wvyern that came out after that. It was one of those situations where you thought you were fucked (me lvl 15, them being lvl 21) but thanks to Quen it was actually pretty easy to kill them, to bad i got no sword for my lvl.

Do the Griffin Set treasure hunt quests. The enchanted swords are for level 14, while the gear is for 15.

You'll need a journeyman armorer for gear, who you can find either in Crow's Perch (the dwarf near the Baron's mansion) or in Oxenfurt (the 2nd largest city in Velen, East on the map). You'll need a journeyman blacksmith for the swords, who's at the southeastern part of the upper area in Oxenfurt. He's also a really good Gwent player.

Eventually you'll find a Superior diagram for that Enchanted gear, making it even stronger, so it's worth to keep hold of it.

Hearts of Stone was great. Arguably better than the main missions on the vanilla game.

Anyone else experience a minor glitch where markers on the world map doesn't show up even though you've visited them already?? Happening to me right now at Novigrad.

yeah, at one small town that forms kind of a slope on the map between 2 other places. Questionmark remains.

Wouldn't bother replying to that guy, he's got something against a game he's clearly never played from his comments in other threads

I pretty much just played until my eyes bled lol.

I did quite a few side quests but I tried to stick to the main quests as best as I could. I was level 29 with around 80+ hours when I beat it. I'll probably post some screencaps of my loadout tomorrow.

You should've played on a higher difficulty than normal

don't forget the new assassins creed. As for bloodbourne it is a fucking **** just a game to fill the gap between DS2 and DS3 just damn ploy fromsoftware and sony set up to sell controllers.

Lol u mad

Do the Griffin Set treasure hunt quests. The enchanted swords are for level 14, while the gear is for 15.

You'll need a journeyman armorer for gear, who you can find either in Crow's Perch (the dwarf near the Baron's mansion) or in Oxenfurt (the 2nd largest city in Velen, East on the map). You'll need a journeyman blacksmith for the swords, who's at the southeastern part of the upper area in Oxenfurt. He's also a really good Gwent player.

Eventually you'll find a Superior diagram for that Enchanted gear, making it even stronger, so it's worth to keep hold of it.

This is what I'm working on now. Got most of the Griffen set.

I like my addan deith silver sword a lot but need a better steel sword so hoping my Griffen schematic is that.

I love Bloodborne but it won't win GoTY...that will go to either Witcher 3, MGSV, or Fallout 4...Bloodborne will probably win best new IP of the year thou since all those games are sequels...

This is what I'm working on now. Got most of the Griffen set.

I like my addan deith silver sword a lot but need a better steel sword so hoping my Griffen schematic is that.

I'm curious of the Cat set, as it's light armor (suits my sign-heavy, less on the loot side play style), but that can wait a bit. Took too long to find all the Griffin + Enchanted Griffin gear/swords. They'll have to do, for now.

WOW. I just got my X34 monitor in yesterday and loaded up this game for the first time. At 3440x1440 and max settings this game looks absolutely stunning. I've held off playing it until I could get my PC fully upgraded so now It is time to enjoy. Screen shots do not due this justice.

I'm curious of the Cat set, as it's light armor (suits my sign-heavy, less on the loot side play style), but that can wait a bit. Took too long to find all the Griffin + Enchanted Griffin gear/swords. They'll have to do, for now.

So there is the regular Griffen set, and then a whole other enhanced set? I'm a little confused regarding the enhanced stuff.

WOW. I just got my X34 monitor in yesterday and loaded up this game for the first time. At 3440x1440 and max settings this game looks absolutely stunning. I've held off playing it until I could get my PC fully upgraded so now It is time to enjoy. Screen shots do not due this justice.

Hmm

So there is the regular Griffen set, and then a whole other enhanced set? I'm a little confused regarding the enhanced stuff.

There's 3 different schools. Cat, Bear and Griffon. All the schools have a base set which can be upgraded. They're 4 tiers that go from Base > Enhanced > Superior > Mastercrafted. The plans for these are scattered across the game. Some blacksmiths sells maps to locate the pieces.

Cat Feline set is gear towards DPS melee build. The armor bonus boost attack power and the swords have bleeding effect. Griffin set has sign intensity bonus on armor and swords (sign build) and Bear Ursine has adrenaline bonus on armor and swords (tank/melee build).

I like the appearance of the Griffin gear set on regular and enhanced. However the superior and mastercrafted versions is gilded and I'm really not a fan of that. Hopefully someone retexture them.

its the greatest looking game i've ever played hands down. some of my best moments are just riding horseback on roach, watching the sun set in the distance into a massive open field. the shading and colors are awesome.

i recently aquired a full set of Feline gear so im good with the gear setup, its just that i rather want relic swords because they have more slots in them and yes im aware of the upgraded feline/griffin/ursine that have more slots but they are for higher lvl

You must have SLI 980s or something to keep that monitor above 60fps. I have twin 970s and maxed out Witcher 3 is barely above 60fps on my normal 1440p monitor.

The picture you posted of your setup in the other thread looks dope.

Cat Feline set is gear towards DPS melee build. The armor bonus boost attack power and the swords have bleeding effect. Griffin set has sign intensity bonus on armor and swords (sign build) and Bear Ursine has adrenaline bonus on armor and swords (tank/melee build).

I like the appearance of the Griffin gear set on regular and enhanced. However the superior and mastercrafted versions is gilded and I'm really not a fan of that. Hopefully someone retexture them.

So Griffin would be the way to go. If only it was light armor since that stamina/mana regen does come in handy. I suppose it would be too good for that build, if this was dark souls difficult...

There's 3 different schools. Cat, Bear and Griffon. All the schools have a base set which can be upgraded. They're 4 tiers that go from Base > Enhanced > Superior > Mastercrafted. The plans for these are scattered across the game. Some blacksmiths sells maps to locate the pieces.

yep, Viper School, too, and gotta keep the previous gear since it's one part for making that upgrade (like in the tutorial section w/ Warrior Armor).

i recently aquired a full set of Feline gear so im good with the gear setup, its just that i rather want relic swords because they have more slots in them and yes im aware of the upgraded feline/griffin/ursine that have more slots but they are for higher lvl

I found 2 really good Relic swords on the shipwreck Velen coastline. Lots of good loot there. But, it could be randomized.

Having trouble finding good Runes (probably tied to level), hence I don't care for the slots as much as +2% stuff doesn't do much, but freezing is prolly the most effective effect thus far.

So how hard is death march? Thinking of moving up. I'm level 11 on the second highest difficulty and its starting to feel not as challenging anymore. I've been avoiding doing those treasure hunts as I don't want to overpower myself.

So how hard is death march? Thinking of moving up. I'm level 11 on the second highest difficulty and its starting to feel not as challenging anymore. I've been avoiding doing those treasure hunts as I don't want to overpower myself.

It's not bad. I have no basis for comparison since I've had it that way from the start, but you can still take on things several levels higher than you.

I'm level 8 now and took on a band of nilfgaardians at level 15 and wiped them out. To be fair a single arrow hit me once and killed me when I had like 70% health, so you can't take many hits, but it's still manageable.

It's not bad. I have no basis for comparison since I've had it that way from the start, but you can still take on things several levels higher than you.

I'm level 8 now and took on a band of nilfgaardians at level 15 and wiped them out. To be fair a single arrow hit me once and killed me when I had like 70% health, so you can't take many hits, but it's still manageable.

Problem is I'm too high a level already. I want to do all the monster contracts but I'm already past the recommended level for the story quests.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back