The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, v2-- Passiflora Edition

How is that possible? The area is way too huge to memorize.

I have to check the map frequently and check the time of day. Usually I look at the map and can see to follow a road heading SE or whatever and use the sun as the market for direction

Doing it this way forces you to look for landmarks etc... And you become very familiar with the land.

Sometimes I get lazy and put it back into, though.

Damn, I didn't know that. I kind of assumed no other NPC had any relevance to the DLC. I was actually a big fan of Johnny; was one of my favorite NPCs.

Taking a shit while watching the sun rise ... can't beat it!

Finished the entire Family Matters/Bloody Baron quest. Holy shot my path hit me like a sack of bricks.

I freed the spirit in the cave. I wanted to save the children because I didn't trust the Witches. Well that lead to the children being saved and a village being slaughtered, Anna turning into a water hag, then dying when lifting the curse, and the Bloody Baren hanging himself.

Took about 15 minutes but I beat him without Jonny. Just spammed quen and got pot shots in.

I hable to ask...what did you expect to get?

This is on pace to go down as one of my all time favorite games.

I didn't really have many expectations other than it being enjoyable. I feel like everything, from the combat, to the menus, all the way down to interacting with the environment feels unsatisfying. Maybe I just haven't had the time to put into the game but I can't say I'm itching to get back into either.

Nothing against the Polish but this might be the first game I've played that didn't come from the U.S., UK, or Japan and it honestly feels foreign to me. Like some kind of weird food that might be a delicacy to some people but I just don't have a taste for.

The dlc is tough. All the enemies are around level 35. I'm only level 39 so I'm struggling a bit.

Finished the entire Family Matters/Bloody Baron quest. Holy shot my path hit me like a sack of bricks.

I freed the spirit in the cave. I wanted to save the children because I didn't trust the Witches. Well that lead to the children being saved and a village being slaughtered, Anna turning into a water hag, then dying when lifting the curse, and the Bloody Baren hanging himself.

yeah I did the same thing

Hearts of Stone was a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to Blood and Wine.

I didn't really have many expectations other than it being enjoyable. I feel like everything, from the combat, to the menus, all the way down to interacting with the environment feels unsatisfying. Maybe I just haven't had the time to put into the game but I can't say I'm itching to get back into either.

Nothing against the Polish but this might be the first game I've played that didn't come from the U.S., UK, or Japan and it honestly feels foreign to me. Like some kind of weird food that might be a delicacy to some people but I just don't have a taste for.

Fair enough. No game is going to please everyone and I've had moments with W3's combat that made me more frustrated than any other game lately, but it does so many other things incredibly well.

If I had to sum it all up I think what it does best is reward your curiosity. I am almost always rewarded by exploring new places. Be it a new type of enemy, a new gwent player, a new vendor that sells schematics/materials I need, a new weapon or armor, a twist on the quest I'm doing etc...

It's actually fun to explore in this game as opposed to a game like Skyrim where I completely burned out after about 20 hours because I felt there was 0 incentive to do anything beyond the main quests and guild quests.

i cant help but think that people who say this just haven't played the game for more than 5 minutes.

im doing a new run and doing every single quest possible. yesterday i stumbled upon a side quest. a priest of the eternal fire had me go around to 3 separate piles of bodies and light them on fire with some holy oil and igni. when i got to the third pyre there was a guy still alive. he said he had been doing fisstech deals with the priest and on the 4th one the priest jumped him with his cronies. you get to go back to the priest and call him the fuck out. you can then either take a bribe, or kill him. i chose to chop his fuckin head off and take the orens from his body after haha. Geralt said "I can be hired, not bought" it was so epic haha

these arent simple fetch quests people, im sorry you cant convince me of it. cd project are masters of this stuff. i love it.

Seems like you only played for 5 minutes. :icon_chee That's really early in the game. :icon_lol:

Same. But the witches eat the children if you kill the tree spirit.

DLC is absolutely amazing... Would recommend it to everyone!

The bosses are awesome fights

This is seriously one of my favorite games I have ever played! It's the first game that has been stuck in my head for a long time. Geralt is one of my favorite characters in a long time, I like how you aren't on a quest to become a certified badass because you already are one and everyone knows it.

I like how Geralt is a badass but not the greatest hero on earth like all the other games make you. The Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age are great games but imo kind of boring to always be the most important person in the world.

Fair enough. No game is going to please everyone and I've had moments with W3's combat that made me more frustrated than any other game lately, but it does so many other things incredibly well.

If I had to sum it all up I think what it does best is reward your curiosity. I am almost always rewarded by exploring new places. Be it a new type of enemy, a new gwent player, a new vendor that sells schematics/materials I need, a new weapon or armor, a twist on the quest I'm doing etc...

It's actually fun to explore in this game as opposed to a game like Skyrim where I completely burned out after about 20 hours because I felt there was 0 incentive to do anything beyond the main quests and guild quests.

I actually feel the opposite. I never finished the main quest in Skyrim because I was too busy doing other shit. This game makes me eager to do the main quests because of his good they are.

Seems like you only played for 5 minutes. :icon_chee That's really early in the game. :icon_lol:

yeah i know, said im doin a new run :cool: 1st run i was really busy with work so i rushed through the story skipping a lot of contracts, side missions, gwent, horse racing, fist fighting ... laid off now so lots of time on my hands to get the full experience.

I actually feel the opposite. I never finished the main quest in Skyrim because I was too busy doing other shit. This game makes me eager to do the main quests because of his good they are.

Don't get me wrong the quests in W3 destroy everything in Skyrim, IMO. But for me rummaging through dungeon after dungeon and never seeing a unique boss, unique enemy, unique gear etc...was exhausting after a while. I eventually started going directly to quest markers just to get some variety.

I'm hopeful the new hardware can open things up but

Just finished the main story, loved it, didn't bother with any side quests played it straight though as it was so good. On par if not better then the Bloody baron quest line in my opinion.

Now for the side quests!

Same. But the witches eat the children if you kill the tree spirit.

There's a book that gives you further lore onto the witches and the tree spirit. Apparently the spirit is the mother of the witches. The spirit went mad and started slaughtering the people who lived in Velen, so the sisters intervened and killed their mother and imprisoned her spirit in the tree.

All four are evil creatures but I felt at least the witches brought some order to the area. Had to sacrifice the orphans, I felt a witcher wouldn't just release some insane spirit onto an already fucked up region.

I had a Monty Python moment in the game so I ran away like a little girl. Went towards a cave and saw a white rabbit next to a bunch of blood and was like oh shit I don't have any holy hand grenades.

That mage on the beach was a prick!

Haha yea took me a few turns as I hadn't played the game in awhile, I was tempted to run and was like hell nawwww! Realised after I didn't have mind control bought from
When I switched talents.

Started new game + was going to wait until next DLC but that's not for like 6 months?.

So excited for new game + replaying and doing shit different is going to be fun

Playing the dlc, experiencing a hilarious glitch where Geralt's legs are bent beneath him and he's levitating instead of walking.

I think it will help if I just get off the main quest and explore for a bit, build my character and learn more about the game before I jump back onto it. I feel like trying to learn to play a game this deep while at the same time following a story is making the game feel like a chore.

Also I fucking love Skyrim so clearly we have different tastes.

Little rant about almost missing two quests in Skellige. Naturally many of us reach the islands at a higher level, 18-20. You naturally tackle the important quests that deal with the search for Ciri, Yennefer side quest, and of course the succession issues with Cercys and Hjamar. You tackle these story driven quests, then take a break to free roam. However, two quests called a Stranger in a strange land and Cave of Dreams are deleted, for these quests involve an important son of a Jarl, thats at the succession party quest called Kings gambit, thus it locks you out of Stranger in a strange land and cave of dreams. Stranger in a strange land and Cave of dreams are actually triggerd by a certain witcher contract. Very easy to miss.

Be warned. I found about this by total accident. Was real close to starting Kings gambit after I completed Cercys and Hjamar quests. Lucky I made save right before entering the castle for kings gambit which would of locked me out of the mentioned quests.

Finally beat it about an hour ago. Holy shit it was a long adventure, but a great one. Now I'm just gonna have fun exploring; pretty curious about the expansion packs, though they're a ways away.

what the fuck? did you do no side quest?

The first time I went to Skellige and went to Undvik I completely missed the parts where you could

Find the old Jarl and find the other companion.

Finally beat it about an hour ago. Holy shit it was a long adventure, but a great one. Now I'm just gonna have fun exploring; pretty curious about the expansion packs, though they're a ways away.

Wow already ? How many hours did you put in ? I'm level 10 , about 50 hours in , barely touched the main quests yet.

The first time I went to Skellige and went to Undvik I completely missed the parts where you could

Find the old Jarl and find the other companion.

I really enjoyed that quest. Didn't miss anything. Even went back to the ship to chat with the NPC after the quest was completed.

One of the devs mentioned this, though it was useful.

Yeah I posted about it when the game first dropped but I think they screwed up the leveling and mission sequences in Skellige. They wanted to make it appear as though it's accessible at any time, and technically it is assuming you have the coin to get to Skellige, but the vast majority of people wouldn't go there before doing the immediate quests in Novograd/Velen. Most people, like myself, were way over leveled for many of the quests there.

I have a ton of little missions in Skellige that I will receive virtually no experience for since they are lvl 16 quests.

I really enjoyed that quest. Didn't miss anything. Even went back to the ship to chat with the NPC after the quest was completed.

That was one of my favorite quests in the game. They really did a great job with that.

I've got a bugged steel sword.

It's got a 9% flame rune on it but EVERY quick attack sets enemies on fire. Awesome!

what about fools gold? All the npc are in fight mode but are frozen and can't be killed.

Yeah I posted about it when the game first dropped but I think they screwed up the leveling and mission sequences in Skellige. They wanted to make it appear as though it's accessible at any time, and technically it is assuming you have the coin to get to Skellige, but the vast majority of people wouldn't go there before doing the immediate quests in Novograd/Velen. Most people, like myself, were way over leveled for many of the quests there.

I have a ton of little missions in Skellige that I will receive virtually no experience for since they are lvl 16 quests.

Yep.

Post #52 bruh

Whoops, good looking out.

So there seems to be a bug involving some quests, particularly the main quest not rewarding any exp. Any of you guys got that? With how little exp is gain I've never paid attention, but now I'm wondering if I may have missed out on some serious exp. Hopefully when they patch it, it'll be retroactive.

Back