The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, v2-- Passiflora Edition

stumbled upon a game of thrones reference in skellige island, i see what you did there

stumbled upon a game of thrones reference in skellige island, i see what you did there

I've come across 3 different ones from Game of Thrones.
1. Tyrion in a sky cell in Skellige
2. A sword named Longclaw
3. Group of Jarls make a reference to the Red Wedding with the "Red funeral"

This game is littered with dozens of pulp culture references and easter eggs.

Just found a glitch on that mission to skellige. When the pirates attacked I tried using Axii mind control and I was hitting them with it but they weren't killing each other they were still coming after me. Managed to get passed but I was like wtf that's weird as fuck.

It always kills games for me, playing then on normal. Fair argument, although I don't think I'll be able to play through it again anytime soon.

Yea it's def gonna be a bitch to playthrough again.

I've come across 3 different ones from Game of Thrones.
1. Tyrion in a sky cell in Skellige
2. A sword named Longclaw
3. Group of Jarls make a reference to the Red Wedding with the "Red funeral"

Not to mention the quest, "A Feast for Crows" lol

Just found a glitch on that mission to skellige. When the pirates attacked I tried using Axii mind control and I was hitting them with it but they weren't killing each other they were still coming after me. Managed to get passed but I was like wtf that's weird as fuck.

I had an insane glitch. I was attacked by dwarves in the Hattori quest. I used mind control on them and they froze with their arms sticking out. I mean completely frozen. You could hit them and they would do nothing.

I'm playing a mission that is higher then my level, but I'm only gaining a few experience points. Is that supposed to happen? Or have I encountered the XP bug?

Is there an alternate way into the one guarded building in the Broken Flowers mission? I fucked up and the guard won't let me in.

As great as this game is it sure has shit armor selection. The worst part is you can only upgrade kaer morhen default gear for Geralt one single damn time. The kaer morhen armor is glorious looking while the rest I have encounterd are piss poor. They are immediately sold. Only level 10 so hopefully I find some decent mail armor like the default gear since I'm getting wrecked. Kaer morhen armor has low stats. Dumb decision on there part.

Last edited:
Is there an alternate way into the one guarded building in the Broken Flowers mission? I fucked up and the guard won't let me in.

yeah, walk around the building to the left hand side, climb over a wall or drop down a ledge (one of the two), you will walk along a grassy ledged cliff and come across a body. Keep going and you can find your way into the back garden.

As great as this game is it sure has shit armor selection. The worst part is you can only upgrade kaer morhen default gear for Geralt one single damn time. The kaer morhen armor is glorious looking while the rest I have encounterd are piss poor. They are immediately sold. Only level 10 so hopefully I find some decent mail armor like the default gear since I'm getting wrecked. Kaer morhen armor has low stats. Dumb decision on there part.

Supposedly people have searched through the disc files and found future dlc that allows you to upgrade the Wolf school armor further. Until then of course, the best armor is gear from the other Witcher schools, though some of the diagrams can be a bitch to locate. I myself have a mix and match of Witcher Gear and the few pieces of Relic armor that doesn't make Geralt look like a fucking clown lol.

Wearing Griffen School gear at the moment. I prefer light armor though so I'll be hunting down cat school gear soon

What a ride this bloody baron quest has been.

Whats the best armor to have? I'm level 14 and haven't picked up any of the diagrams for the Witcher armor.

Whats the best armor to have? I'm level 14 and haven't picked up any of the diagrams for the Witcher armor.

Define "Best"? Are you going for stats or looking for aesthetics?

Here's a simple break down on the stats for the three witcher school gear. Keep in mind that at mastercrafted upgrade they all have the same armor stat.

Feline: Light armor, attack power bonuses. Ideal for DPS melee builds.
Griffin: Medium armor, Sign intensity bonuses. Ideal for sign builds.
Ursine: Heavy Armor, Adrenaline bonuses and high resistances. Ideal for adrenaline/tank builds.

Aesthetics is subjective. Keep in mind that the appearance of the armors changes with each upgrade (standard, enhanced, superior, mastercrafted). Here's my personal opinion on the three sets at mastercrafted stage.

1. Ursine. Looks like 12th-13th century western medieval knight.
2. Feline. Sleek.
3. Griffin. Not a fan of gilded armor.

Dandelion's quest was really the first time in the game I was bored, and couldn't wait for it to be over. It just added nothing at all to the story, and felt like a colossal waste of time.

Finally pushed on to Skellige after a couple hour session, and hoping the game picks back up.

Dandelion's quest was really the first time in the game I was bored, and couldn't wait for it to be over. It just added nothing at all to the story, and felt like a colossal waste of time.

Finally pushed on to Skellige after a couple hour session, and hoping the game picks back up.

Doing that now, and yeah, it feels stretched out. Would've made more sense to make Triss the center of that search. Def a downgrade from the awesome Baron storyline. Novigrad has a ton of quests, some of them more up Geralt's alley than chasing after randoms.

Back