The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, v2-- Passiflora Edition

When you guys complete a contract, do you usually take the money or turn it down for extra xp?

Anyone know how to get in Abandoned Tower near Ransacked Village

Fair enough. No game is going to please everyone and I've had moments with W3's combat that made me more frustrated than any other game lately, but it does so many other things incredibly well.

If I had to sum it all up I think what it does best is reward your curiosity. I am almost always rewarded by exploring new places. Be it a new type of enemy, a new gwent player, a new vendor that sells schematics/materials I need, a new weapon or armor, a twist on the quest I'm doing etc...

It's actually fun to explore in this game as opposed to a game like Skyrim where I completely burned out after about 20 hours because I felt there was 0 incentive to do anything beyond the main quests and guild quests.

I like your attitude and you're a bloodborne player so I trust your opinion. From the little I've played so far everything about this game has been disappointing. I'm afraid to talk to anyone for fear of another five minute cutscene. Even the witcher sense makes me feel nauseous after a few seconds. Then there are the clunky movement and combat. Even looting is frustrating because I keep running past everything I try to pick up. Why give me an x if I can't interact with it?

A lot of souls players like yourself have praised the game so I'll keep trying but I can't help but wonder if I'm just ruined for other rpg's now unfortunately.

I like your attitude and you're a bloodborne player so I trust your opinion. From the little I've played so far everything about this game has been disappointing. I'm afraid to talk to anyone for fear of another five minute cutscene. Even the witcher sense makes me feel nauseous after a few seconds. Then there are the clunky movement and combat. Even looting is frustrating because I keep running past everything I try to pick up. Why give me an x if I can't interact with it?

A lot of souls players like yourself have praised the game so I'll keep trying but I can't help but wonder if I'm just ruined for other rpg's now unfortunately.

The combat in this game is especially rough after having just played Bloodborne. I know these are two different types of games but fuck it's so clunky in comparison. It seems like some fights are made difficult simply because the controls are so stiff.

Should I go pick up Bloodborne after I'm done the witcher since I like it so much?

Should I go pick up Bloodborne after I'm done the witcher since I like it so much?

They're very different games, but Bloodborne is excellent and you should definitely give it a try.

Keep in mind it's especially hard in the very beginning. But get through that and it's a great experience.

Keep in mind that Bloodborne has zero plot and is all combat. Its a completely different type of game. The only similarity is you will also be rolling a lot and can't spam the attack button.

Anyone know how to get in Abandoned Tower near Ransacked Village

Go down to the right and you'll find a power stone. Then from down below you can climb straight up the tower (jumping) near the draw bridge.

Go down to the right and you'll find a power stone. Then from down below you can climb straight up the tower (jumping) near the draw bridge.

i only got to one part, is there shit at the very top? i cant find the place to lower the draw bridge

i only got to one part, is there shit at the very top? i cant find the place to lower the draw bridge

Yes, there is stuff up top, including the lever to lower the bridge. I believe one of the Griffin armor set patterns came from that tower.

Yes, there is stuff up top, including the lever to lower the bridge. I believe one of the Griffin armor set patterns came from that tower.

it's such a bitch and half to climb. right now im only a level 4 =/ trying to get the viper silver sword

Has anyone else swung wildly at enemies thinking it would regenerate Geralts HP? Bloodborne withdrawls lol.

You should've played on a higher difficulty than normal

I'll probably do another run on the higher difficulties at some point, but I just wanted to enjoy my first playthrough. I felt normal was a good choice since I've never played the previous games, and since I'm moving in two weeks, I wanted to finish it before I'm forced to take a long break.

You guys remember this cinematic trailer from about a year and half ago? Near the end Geralt says to the guy who asked him what he was doing, "Killing monsters". Found an in-game reference to it. Lambert jokes to Geralt regarding it, equivalent to "watch out we got a badass over here". I thought it was a bit funny.

[YT]watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs[/YT]

You guys remember this cinematic trailer from about a year and half ago? Near the end Geralt says to the guy who asked him what he was doing, "Killing monsters". Found an in-game reference to it. Lambert jokes to Geralt regarding it, equivalent to "watch out we got a badass over here". I thought it was a bit funny.

[YT]watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs[/YT]

Yea I thought that was great, along with the Pulp fiction "Gimp" and The Departed "Maybe go fuck yourself" dialogue from NPC'S.

I'll probably do another run on the higher difficulties at some point, but I just wanted to enjoy my first playthrough. I felt normal was a good choice since I've never played the previous games, and since I'm moving in two weeks, I wanted to finish it before I'm forced to take a long break.

It always kills games for me, playing then on normal. Fair argument, although I don't think I'll be able to play through it again anytime soon.

Enjoying this game a lot more since I said fuck the main quest and just started exploring.

Back