The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, v2-- Passiflora Edition

This game is ridiculous with how draining the story is. Cut scene after cut scene after cut scene.
Whoever said this is better than skyrim blows donkeys.

Aside from that, it seems like a good game so far.

so confused by this statement, you could stand around easily for 10 minutes talking to people in skyrim. You do have spacebar to skip.

The only similarities are the open world and mideval setting. They are much different games. Don't hesitate on buying this game man, you will miss out on a master piece.

Thanks man. Just bought it yesterday on Steam. I am playing it on dual GTX 480s.

The graphics are great.

Use Axii then and he will be stunned in the corner. Go and look for places of power and then put them into Axii it's definitely worth it. First werewolf I just used Axii and cornered him then slashed him to death. Jenny O the Woods is really giving me some troubles though.

I beat her 3rd try. Use the trap and the thunderbolt potion. Only hit her in the trap and don't get greedy. When she splits into 3 you have to hit them all as fast as possible to prevent her from healing.

If you've used any exploits to gather vast amounts of money over the course of your adventures, you'll be approached by a character named the Taxman. This rather prim and proper man will question Geralt about the Witcher's income, and will even refer to the various coin farming tricks that players have been discovering and using since the title launched back in May.

Apparently, if your questionable practices are found out, the Taxman will impose a fine and you'll have no choice but to pay up. If you've been a good little monster slayer, though, you'll actually be given a nice reward. The system works, we suppose.

The whole thing's another fantastic example of the developer's devotion to detail and the understanding of its fans.
[YT]tjR9Op33SxQ[/YT]

It's the same old shit though.

Talk to one guy which quest involves you to go harass another guy to come back to the original guy to tell him some information which in turn sends you on another wild goose chase to get info from some other idiot.

Can you name a single RPG that gives you quests that don't involve talking to people? How the hell would that be possible? You have to talk to people to figure out what's going on.

[YT]tjR9Op33SxQ[/YT]

That is actually really awesome. It's so incredibly rare for me to dump 100+ hours in a game and want to do it again a mere few months later...but I can't wait to jump back into W3.

It's the same old shit though.

Talk to one guy which quest involves you to go harass another guy to come back to the original guy to tell him some information which in turn sends you on another wild goose chase to get info from some other idiot.

Souls fan confirmed

Is there a way to turn off the quest trail the map gives you? Feels like way too much hand holding that wasn't present in the previous game.

I just turn the mini map off entirely.

where do you get monster cards?

I think I got most of mine in Skellige, IIRC.

I didn't expect it but I ended up enjoying playing Scoietel decks the most. Monster deck is probably the most powerful once you get enough commander horns and fill out the muster units.

This new DLC has some new faction leader cards and a muster unit for all decks. Kind of bummed they added a muster unit option for Northern Realms and Niilfgard. Going to make them OP now, IMO.

Use Axii then and he will be stunned in the corner. Go and look for places of power and then put them into Axii it's definitely worth it. First werewolf I just used Axii and cornered him then slashed him to death. Jenny O the Woods is really giving me some troubles though.

Use Quen, Yrden, Specter oil, and Tawney Oil.

Quen then drop Yrden. Once she's in then hit her twice and then back off.

I beat her as a level 5 on hardest diff doing that.

I think I got most of mine in Skellige, IIRC.

I didn't expect it but I ended up enjoying playing Scoietel decks the most. Monster deck is probably the most powerful once you get enough commander horns and fill out the muster units.

This new DLC has some new faction leader cards and a muster unit for all decks. Kind of bummed they added a muster unit option for Northern Realms and Niilfgard. Going to make them OP now, IMO.
Alright I need to sail there for the story need to pick up more cards dicks keep on playing those damn ++ cards so gotta win by baiting them into using all their cards.

Finally got my full feline set, not sure why it was recommended to do the scavenge quests at lvl 18 as the gear is for lvl 14

Anyone playing Hearts of Stone?

I did my original play-through on Death March and found it to be relatively easy. This DLC, however, is brutal. I'm not sure if I'm rusty or what, but I'm getting 2-shot by regular bandits now. I'm level 35, btw, with the full master crafted wolven armor set.

I've stumbled across a fight that I thought would be my normal cake walk and I'm getting absolutely wrecked.

I can only really sum up my feelings on this game in one word; tedious.

Im going to stick with it because I spent $60 on it but this has been a major disappointment for me.

I hable to ask...what did you expect to get?

This is on pace to go down as one of my all time favorite games.

Anyone playing Hearts of Stone?

I did my original play-through on Death March and found it to be relatively easy. This DLC, however, is brutal. I'm not sure if I'm rusty or what, but I'm getting 2-shot by regular bandits now. I'm level 35, btw, with the full master crafted wolven armor set.

I've stumbled across a fight that I thought would be my normal cake walk and I'm getting absolutely wrecked.

This really makes me want to pick back up and play. One of the things I hate about open world games is you tend to get pretty OP by the end, even on higher difficulty settings. Once I'm finished up with a few other games, will definitely get back on the DLC.

Got some nice gwent cards today. Letho and Roche. Running out of known opponents though

So I re-did all of my specs to try and mix it up and become more powerful.

My previous build was heavily invested in sword abilities and maxed Quen and Axii. My re-roll has almost everything put into Alchemy with lvl 1 Quen maxed.

In Alchemy I maxed out my toxicity and potion durations, as well as added poison buffs and a shit ton of vitality multipliers.

Now I can easily use 2 decoctions at a time and stay below 50% toxicity. Each decotion lasts like 98 minutes, and my regular potions last 3 minutes. I use 2 decoctions that restore health when stamina drops.

So basically any time I attack or use Quen, my health get's restored. I use superior tawney oil (which now lasts 3 minutes!) to restore my lost stamina which is gaining health.

Seems pretty beastly so far. My vitality has gone through the roof and simply casting quen restores a nice chunk back.

I like this expansion a lot. It's still essentially in minimally expanded Novigrad, but it feels much bigger. It's also more challenging than the base game. Definitely worth the cost and play for W3 fans.

Cons: the seemingly main character of the DLC is David Beckham.

If you are around lvl 5 and want a damn good silver sword for that level head to Lindenvale (east of crowns nest) and do the Merry Widow quest. You can launch it from a cabin just outside the town.

Sword is leagues ahead of anything I've found until like level 9 or so.

Lol I put this in for the first time since July. First off, the dlc took an hour. Fine. Then I put the disc in. While loading my save, the game crashes and tells me I need to update the application. Download time? 7 hours. Fuck off.

Lol I put this in for the first time since July. First off, the dlc took an hour. Fine. Then I put the disc in. While loading my save, the game crashes and tells me I need to update the application. Download time? 7 hours. Fuck off.

Pro tip - connect your PS4 with your router/modem by cable for big downloads. You'll download MANY times faster. Wifi on the Ps4 is absolute shit.

Finally got my full feline set, not sure why it was recommended to do the scavenge quests at lvl 18 as the gear is for lvl 14

Once you reach within 5 levels of a quest recommended level, it turns the quest from a skull/red into a green one. This signals you could possibly complete the quest with your current level. The armor only needs level 14 to equip and the lowest appropriate level you could safely do that quest is 13.

Anyone find the bear armor set yet?

If I remember correctly,
you need to buy the treasure map from the smith in oxenfurt to activate the scavenger hunt for the first level bear (Ursine) armor. I know the location is spread across skellige.

I'm currently using Bear - Ursine Enhanced gear set atm. Here's some pics of it.

dbKuAx4.jpg

oOLpP7Z.jpg

imm73TH.jpg

I like this expansion a lot. It's still essentially in minimally expanded Novigrad, but it feels much bigger. It's also more challenging than the base game. Definitely worth the cost and play for W3 fans.

Cons: the seemingly main character of the DLC is David Beckham.

He's blatantly Beckham.

Already happy with the dlc and I haven't even played yet. The cutscenes are awesome. I forgot how amazingly well done this game is. Game of The year for me.

If you are around lvl 5 and want a damn good silver sword for that level head to Lindenvale (east of crowns nest) and do the Merry Widow quest. You can launch it from a cabin just outside the town.

Sword is leagues ahead of anything I've found until like level 9 or so.

ill have to check that out, right now im working the the vipers steal

Haven't played it since July. Can't really say why....just....dunno. Not interesting I guess. Go there fetch this, walk back.

i cant help but think that people who say this just haven't played the game for more than 5 minutes.

im doing a new run and doing every single quest possible. yesterday i stumbled upon a side quest. a priest of the eternal fire had me go around to 3 separate piles of bodies and light them on fire with some holy oil and igni. when i got to the third pyre there was a guy still alive. he said he had been doing fisstech deals with the priest and on the 4th one the priest jumped him with his cronies. you get to go back to the priest and call him the fuck out. you can then either take a bribe, or kill him. i chose to chop his fuckin head off and take the orens from his body after haha. Geralt said "I can be hired, not bought" it was so epic haha

these arent simple fetch quests people, im sorry you cant convince me of it. cd project are masters of this stuff. i love it.

Anybody else good at stealing hidden treasures? Idk how many higher level ones I've stolen by leading the monsters away. The ones underwater seem to be the easiest to grab because you can just swim right to them grab the shit an swim away

This is seriously one of my favorite games I have ever played! It's the first game that has been stuck in my head for a long time. Geralt is one of my favorite characters in a long time, I like how you aren't on a quest to become a certified badass because you already are one and everyone knows it.

All it does is spam the jump attack and poison spit. I can't even get a hit in.

Anybody else good at stealing hidden treasures? Idk how many higher level ones I've stolen by leading the monsters away. The ones underwater seem to be the easiest to grab because you can just swim right to them grab the shit an swim away

That's how I got all the upgrades for the witcher school gear sets. The superior and mastercrafted diagrams recommended levels are 27+ and I got them all before I hit level 22. I literally ran or lure them till they disengaged combat so I could grab the chest contents. There were only about 1-3 times where I absolutely had to fight to get the chest (I came back higher level for those).

All it does is spam the jump attack and poison spit. I can't even get a hit in.
if you go back to the bog and find johnny he'll give you some stuff that weakens him and takes away the spitting.

This toad ****. How do I beat it?

I relied on single strong attacks for him. He telegraphs his tongue attack, which is his main attack, so you can time it and nail him once. If you try and chain attacks he'll Hunt Atomic Butt-Drop you.

Just be patient and time his tongue and hit him with strong attacks and get out. It's a long fight but not terribly hard.

Finally beat it about an hour ago. Holy shit it was a long adventure, but a great one. Now I'm just gonna have fun exploring; pretty curious about the expansion packs, though they're a ways away.

if you go back to the bog and find johnny he'll give you some stuff that weakens him and takes away the spitting.

Damn, I didn't know that. I kind of assumed no other NPC had any relevance to the DLC. I was actually a big fan of Johnny; was one of my favorite NPCs.

Back