The real reason gsp is fighting bisping instead of woodley

g6_RoA.gif

tumblr_mj60k8pANU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Two great examples of tri-star striking. At the time Marquart had been spending some time up there.

GSP is the best tri-star striker when he wants to be.

He spent too much time with Jackson and roach and his striking got diluted.

Throw the GSP /heiron gif up under these and watch the three at the same time.

That's pure tri-star.

GSP does the exact same to woodley if he wants too.

Two great examples of tri-star striking. At the time Marquart had been spending some time up there.

GSP is the best tri-star striker when he wants to be.

He spent too much time with Jackson and roach and his striking got diluted.

Throw the GSP /heiron gif up under these and watch the three at the same time.

That's pure tri-star.

GSP does the exact same to woodley if he wants too.

The major difference between GSP and those two is that those two like to inflict pain.lol

Rory is a straight up psycho.

GSP is too nice for his own fucking good.<GOT4>

Only 1 of the 3 has Hollywood good looks & only one has three big budget movies lined up in 2018.

Screen-Shot-2014-05-01-at-12.01.47-PM.png

Not impressed by Kurt Russell being served.

f37x42.gif

No, it won't. GSP wanted no piece of Anderson and wants no piece of Woodley. Bisping said they used to train together and GSP completely dominated the wrestling. That's why this fight is happening. GSP is too scared to return to his own division. GSP is taking advantage of a weak champion let's call this what it is. He doesn't even belong in the cage with Woodley at this point.

<mma4> Some Hard Truths going on in here ^^^

gsps path to victory, let's be real, is take downs, top control, and lnp. Occasionally he implements a jab (Fitch, koschek2). But in the vast majority of title defenses, he couldn't win w/o being awarded points for takedowns and control. Points as opposed to damage and finishing, is mainly how he won.

Now Dana And friends state that they are basically punishing woodley for a boring performance against Maia, in not presenting a gsp vs woodley fight, which is a fight that makes infinitely more sense than gsp vs bisping

But could it be that after seeing wonderboy, a much more skilled striker than gsp, get completely neutralized twice, and then seeing Maia who is a more dangerous finisher and grappler than gsp(Maia actually finishes people on the ground while gsp couldn't finish Dan hardy) get completely rendered useless, that gsp knew he had no path to victory against woodley.

Now I know woodley is hurt, but is the real reason we see gsp fight bisping and not fight woodley, is that gap sees a path to victory against bisping (which is sad that the mw champion is seen as so vulnerable by a retiree) and not woodley?
GSP is back for money-fights, since there where no such fight on the line, he took the easiest one with most exposure. GSP has pressure from the companies that sponsor him that he should be active in the media and fighting, that is one also the main purpose for his come back.

There is no money in fighting woodley nor is there money in the next WW in line for a shot if he where to win the WW title. Like Lawler or Masvidal.

Atleast Bisping as an opponent could selll a bite more than Woodley, the only problem for GSP is if he wins the MW belt and so to defend it against Whittaker the interim holder, apparantly GSP has signed some form contract that forces him to defend the MW belt, but that info came from Dana so it is probably a lie, but whatever.

he definitely is not the "best MMA standup fighter WW has ever seen" that's for sure
Name a single one that's better. I'm not talking about muay thai. I'm talking about MMA stand up. Go ahead, I'lll wait.

Name a single one that's better. I'm not talking about muay thai. I'm talking about MMA stand up. Go ahead, I'lll wait.

He is damn great at what he does, Hendricks had his number stylistically in the standup. If he had shown more output he could have squeaked the decision by GSP. The usual tools weren't there for him to take advantage of.

Not saying Hendricks is the best mma standup fighter at WW, but GSP had glaring holes that that man took advantage of very well.

The most effective mma strikers I've seen at WW are probably Lawler/Rory/Wonderboy(When he comes to fucking fight and doesn't just feint and lose two title fights like a complete cunt.)

gsps path to victory, let's be real, is take downs, top control, and lnp. Occasionally he implements a jab (Fitch, koschek2). But in the vast majority of title defenses, he couldn't win w/o being awarded points for takedowns and control. Points as opposed to damage and finishing, is mainly how he won.

Now Dana And friends state that they are basically punishing woodley for a boring performance against Maia, in not presenting a gsp vs woodley fight, which is a fight that makes infinitely more sense than gsp vs bisping

But could it be that after seeing wonderboy, a much more skilled striker than gsp, get completely neutralized twice, and then seeing Maia who is a more dangerous finisher and grappler than gsp(Maia actually finishes people on the ground while gsp couldn't finish Dan hardy) get completely rendered useless, that gsp knew he had no path to victory against woodley.

Now I know woodley is hurt, but is the real reason we see gsp fight bisping and not fight woodley, is that gap sees a path to victory against bisping (which is sad that the mw champion is seen as so vulnerable by a retiree) and not woodley?

Not sure I’d characterize the fights with Wonderboy as him “neutralizing.” First fight he was out-struck in most of the exchanges, in the second fight he did absolutely nothing for almost the whole fight.

But I feel like the point of this “analysis” of GSP is to present some kind of idiotic revision of history where Woodley is presented as dictating two masterful performances.

No, it won't. GSP wanted no piece of Anderson and wants no piece of Woodley. Bisping said they used to train together and GSP completely dominated the wrestling. That's why this fight is happening. GSP is too scared to return to his own division. GSP is taking advantage of a weak champion let's call this what it is. He doesn't even belong in the cage with Woodley at this point.
He just wants to copy conor bro and even at msg lol

I don't know why anyone is surprised that GSP doesn't want to come back to try to recapture and hold the WW belt.

What would be the point?

Dude wants a belt from another division, and then will probably angle for a third against Conor. He is literally hoping for a two fight win streak that will establish him as all time GOAT and champ champ champ while pocketing him a shitload of money.

Oooor... he faces a relative unknown at WW and is stuck with the prospect of adding a couple more relatively low interest title defenses to his record before retirement, adding a net gain of about zero to his legacy, or losing at WW and actually tarnishing his legacy.

Hmmm... which to choose?

Maybe Pre-usada

Def. Pre usada, less we forget pre usada T.Woods was getting KO'd by Nate M. And out wrestled/grappled by Shields, while GSP was king of the fucking castle.

Post USADA who the fuck knows.

I don't know why anyone is surprised that GSP doesn't want to come back to try to recapture and hold the WW belt.

What would be the point?

Dude wants a belt from another division, and then will probably angle for a third against Conor. He is literally hoping for a two fight win streak that will establish him as all time GOAT and champ champ champ while pocketing him a shitload of money.

Oooor... he faces a relative unknown at WW and is stuck with the prospect of adding a couple more relatively low interest title defenses to his record before retirement, adding a net gain of about zero to his legacy, or losing at WW and actually tarnishing his legacy.

Hmmm... which to choose?

I really don't know why people have a hard time seeing this, GSP has nothing left to accomplish at WW, he can never fight at WW again and will still be considered the GOAT. It does zilch for him.

Plus its the safe fight since if he loses its because "he was 3 times my size."
Gsp could still fight for the WW title or McG fight after, where as if he lost to woodley as his first match, that would be all.

Less risk of injury and bigger reward.

Fighting Tyrone could turn into another Johnny Hendricks fight with him and that's the last thing GSP wants. Micheal Duckping even tho he Ko'd saltrock is still a high volume striker at heart. Nothing will ever change that. Like the OP said, GSP style heavily revolves around his wrestling and controlling the fight/pace and where it goes via his ground game. The last thing he wants is a guy who can neutralize his wrestling and specializes in low volume, heavy hitting shots.

Ducking Woodley is not going to add to his legacy. Losing to Bisping is also not going to add to his legacy. Ducking Whittaker after the fight if he wins and retiring is also not going to add to his legacy. He should have stayed retired.
Not sure what you're talking about...there's never been an instance in the history of combat sports, where moving up a weight class, and beating the champ of that weight class, didn't add to a fighter's legacy.

GSP HAS no chance against Bisping

Bisping is the bigger fighter
Better cardio
Better striking
Solid wrestling

GSP took this fight for a payday
So when he loses
He can go straight down to WW and get another instant title shot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member