The real reason gsp is fighting bisping instead of woodley

GSP did lay n pray a few guys....serra 2 and Hardy...but his last few fights he was standing with most of the guys he fought and out striking.

Koscheck 2 was mostly on the feet

sheilds was mostly on the feet

more than half the Diaz fight took place standing

And pretty much all of the Hendricks fight was standing as well

GSP outpoints Woodley with easy

It was Dana's call and after UFC 214 he went for Bisping vs Gsp. If Woodley's fight vs Maia wouldn't have sucked he'd fight Gsp.
LOL what? If the Woodley fight with Maia would not have sucked GSP would have agreed to fight Woodley? Are you high? You think Bisping is a PPV draw? What are you talking about? Woodley would neutralize than murk old GSP and everyone knows it.

he will fight bisping and then Woodley next !! He wants huge fights and big paydays !! The GOAT will be DOUBLE CHAMP !!

Because GSP is supposed to make an anticipated blockbuster comeback.
If he fought Woodley, the entire fight would be a snoozefest.
MMA critics would once again call for GSP and Woodley's retirement.

He's taking (likely) a bigger payday, to fight an easier opponent, in a fight that will do more to add to his legacy if he wins. Call it a duck if you want to, but he has every reason in the world to take this fight.
Ducking Woodley is not going to add to his legacy. Losing to Bisping is also not going to add to his legacy. Ducking Whittaker after the fight if he wins and retiring is also not going to add to his legacy. He should have stayed retired.

It would look like the Kos fights, only more dangerous standing and less takedowns incoming for GSP to defend.

Woodley is a wrestler, with a big right hand. His standup is basic as hell, he relies on athleticism to get the job done. This leads to him pacing himself like a madman because he has heavyweight power and a heavyweight gas tank.

He presents no more a challenge than the other orthodox wrestlers he has faced before. It would be more of the same to be quite honest.

I am more worried about Bisping than Woodley. Bisping, though he gets hit way too much, has good setups...Marginally good takedown defense. Is good in the scramble to get back up. The biggest factor is the gas tank.

GSP would beat guys in a war of attrition most of the time. If he couldn't outright beat the tar out of them, he would exhaust them.

This is the big issue and danger in fighting Bisping who is bigger and has a gas tank...He is dangerous the whole time for the smaller GSP.

Woodley would just be another deer in the headlights.

People will say "look what Hendricks did to him"...Not only was this Pre-USADA Hendricks...It's a completely different fight and style to Woodley that it almost feels like the people using that fight to showcase Woodley beating GSP are just completely brainless.

Hendricks had so many tools working in his favor. He comes forward...Great handfighting...Southpaw stance...and a very strong wrestler. These factors together made him the best bet because with his stance and style...He could take away GSP's jab and half his takedown arsenal.

Woodley doesn't have these advantages...He is the blueprint the creators of GSP followed when they designed a fighter to beat a righty wrestler.

It would look like the Kos fights, only more dangerous standing and less takedowns incoming for GSP to defend.

Woodley is a wrestler, with a big right hand. His standup is basic as hell, he relies on athleticism to get the job done. This leads to him pacing himself like a madman because he has heavyweight power and a heavyweight gas tank.

He presents no more a challenge than the other orthodox wrestlers he has faced before. It would be more of the same to be quite honest.

I am more worried about Bisping than Woodley. Bisping, though he gets hit way too much, has good setups...Marginally good takedown defense. Is good in the scramble to get back up. The biggest factor is the gas tank.

GSP would beat guys in a war of attrition most of the time. If he couldn't outright beat the tar out of them, he would exhaust them.

This is the big issue and danger in fighting Bisping who is bigger and has a gas tank...He is dangerous the whole time for the smaller GSP.

Woodley would just be another deer in the headlights.

People will say "look what Hendricks did to him"...Not only was this Pre-USADA Hendricks...It's a completely different fight and style to Woodley that it almost feels like the people using that fight to showcase Woodley beating GSP are just completely brainless.

Hendricks had so many tools working in his favor. He comes forward...Great handfighting...Southpaw stance...and a very strong wrestler. These factors together made him the best bet because with his stance and style...He could take away GSP's jab and half his takedown arsenal.

Woodley doesn't have these advantages...He is the blueprint the creators of GSP followed when they designed a fighter to beat a righty wrestler.
Funny how Woodley would love to fight GSP but not the other way around. Woodley is the current champ who calls himself the greatest WW of all time. GSP hasn't fought in years. It would be a mismatch.

GSP worked literally everyone he's ever faced on the feet. Look at what he did to Thiago Alves. A huge (pre USADA) world class muay thai fighter. Fuck outta here, pretending like his only path to victory is takedowns. GSP is clearly the best MMA standup fighter in the history of the WW division. Anyone who tries to claim otherwise is an idiot.
IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0186.JPG IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0188.JPG

He didn't say king. He said "GOAT."

Oh I beg your pardon, I thought I was speaking with someone who could discern the similarities between both statements.

I apologize for assuming you had the intellect and understanding of someone who is beyond the 4th grade.

My most humble apologies.<Jaime01>

Bro, shut the fuck up for fucks sake. Stop acting like people are just randomly hating GSP.

GSP reasoning to fight Michael Bisping is RETARDEDLY transparent. He wouldn't have picked Rockhold over Woodley. Michael Bisping is the least threatening champion, that's just fact. Just like Eddie Alvarez was the perfect LW champ for Conor to beat.

You STFU. Whats the matter gsp ahead of your favorite fighter in the GOAT talks, so you need him to lose. Lol simple peasant.

Oh I beg your pardon, I thought I was speaking with someone who could discern the similarities between both statements.

I apologize for assuming you had the intellect and understanding of someone who is beyond the 4th grade.

My most humble apologies.<Jaime01>
2 quotes 2 got references. I like the show as much as the next guy but you make yourself look like a nerd by taking it too far. It's going to be a long time before Winter comes ... back. Find a new show in the meantime. May I recommend, 'Vikings'. It's fantastic.

2 quotes 2 got references. I like the show as much as the next guy but you make yourself look like a nerd by taking it too far. It's going to be a long time before Winter comes ... back. Find a new show in the meantime. May I recommend, 'Vikings'. It's fantastic.

It's my schtick...And I'm already caught up on Vikings thank you very much.<NightKingBringIt>

Knightfall also seems interesting<GOT3>

He is coming off a 4 year layoff at a higher weight class fighting the champion at said weight class and it's still too easy for GSP.

Admit it nothing GSP can do will be good enough for you.
Some ppl are so insecure with themselves that they feel the need to put others down...they can't explain it

No, it won't. GSP wanted no piece of Anderson and wants no piece of Woodley. Bisping said they used to train together and GSP completely dominated the wrestling. That's why this fight is happening. GSP is too scared to return to his own division. GSP is taking advantage of a weak champion let's call this what it is. He doesn't even belong in the cage with Woodley at this point.
Do you not see how stupid this post is? You are saying he is scared of ww' s except he is fighting in a weight class above is with arguably better fighters

gsp smokes woodley

also gsp v bisping is a bigger fight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back