The real reason gsp is fighting bisping instead of woodley

gsps path to victory, let's be real, is take downs, top control, and lnp. Occasionally he implements a jab (Fitch, koschek2). But in the vast majority of title defenses, he couldn't win w/o being awarded points for takedowns and control. Points as opposed to damage and finishing, is mainly how he won.

Now Dana And friends state that they are basically punishing woodley for a boring performance against Maia, in not presenting a gsp vs woodley fight, which is a fight that makes infinitely more sense than gsp vs bisping

But could it be that after seeing wonderboy, a much more skilled striker than gsp, get completely neutralized twice, and then seeing Maia who is a more dangerous finisher and grappler than gsp(Maia actually finishes people on the ground while gsp couldn't finish Dan hardy) get completely rendered useless, that gsp knew he had no path to victory against woodley.

Now I know woodley is hurt, but is the real reason we see gsp fight bisping and not fight woodley, is that gap sees a path to victory against bisping (which is sad that the mw champion is seen as so vulnerable by a retiree) and not woodley?
That's a lot of word to say something simple. Gsp thinks Bisping is an easy fight. Period.

Fight Metric claims Tyron Woodley has only passed guard twice since joining the UFC, the guy is a terrible and boring grappler.

He's a wrestler who can't use his wrestling because he gasses and is a terrible grappler. Did you see his defense when Rory put him down? Grips wrists, stalls and hope the refs does something. It was so sad and pathetic.

That's a lot of word to say something simple. Gsp thinks Bisping is an easy fight. Period.

Over 160 replies to my thread says it wasn't as simple as that. Gsp didn't think he could beat Anderson, and he dosent think he can beat woodley, but he's not honest about it. The fans deserve entertainment and transparency. Gsp vs bisping provides relatively little of either.

Over 160 replies to my thread says it wasn't as simple as that. Gsp didn't think he could beat Anderson, and he dosent think he can beat woodley, but he's not honest about it. The fans deserve entertainment and transparency. Gsp vs bisping provides relatively little of either.

Once again, a simple concept. Gsp thinks bisping is an easy fight. Which implies it;s an easier fight than tyron or prime silva

Woodley is faster, packs a bigger punch, and is a better wrestler than Bisping. Plus Bisping is a bigger name. That's why GSP is fighting Bisping. Plus if he loses he can always use the I'm a natty WW excuse.

"So until your underneath, if I'm on the ground, how many times have you seen me getting kept on my back? You know, get up! If you don't want me to lay and pray, stand and strike. For me, its not a knock on the person taking you down at will, it's the person that's on the bottom who can't get to their feet."

-
Woodley defending his boring style in Strikeforce. Proud to be a lay and prayer.

He has no shame in avoiding fighting if he stays out of danger.

you can bet the house if gsp manages to beat bisping, he isn't defending that belt. He is either retiring again, or super fight with woodley.

Lol

I don't disagree with anything you said buy GsP didnt destroy Hendricks standing that fight was extremely close and many thought Hendricks won.

GSP s accolades are undeniable that said it was almost a decade ago.

Its dubious he has what it takes to beat guys like Woodley at this point hence The Count
No, I didn't say GSP dominated Hendricks. I just said he won, and he did if you go by compubox stats. I am also claiming that this was pre USADA Hendricks vs an unmotivated GSP. The GSP that fought fitch and Kos would've worked any version of Hendricks imo.

I'm not saying that today's GSP dominates any current fighters at all. I was just claiming that GSP has the greatest MMA striking in WW history. And I only claimed this because ts was claiming GSPs only path to victory is wrestling. Which is just plain dumb.

Listen to minute 2.

"... the sport has evolved a lot since i left ...", you need more?
That's the Man himself that is speaking, not some blind fan that can't even see that the bar is being raised every year.

If you listened to every interview George did in the last weeks he says that if the the old George would return he would lose, he needs to be better than ever and he feel he is better than he has ever been.

Oh, excuse me when I don't believe it when the most respectful UFC champion in history is being modest against his competition. I just assumed that he would come out and say "Today's WW division blows, they were way better back then. I have no competition anymore. I'm just here for the dolla dolla bills, y'all"

And I'm the blind fan. Kewel.

The real reason is he got so damn bored at WW his performances dropped off, he wanted to go to MW for a new challenge but knew he had to be out of camp to put the weight on right and get his cardio up with the extra muscle.

It's not his fault andy got old and popped for ped's

He first started talking about Coming back @ 185 when rocksalt was champ not bisping.

WW bores him, he has nothing left to prove there. Especially when it's a boring champ that got made look like a fool against two of his tri-star buds already

Back