The real reason gsp is fighting bisping instead of woodley

Yea it's cause Woodley is a much more difficult fight for GSP than Bisping cause Woodley is a better wrestler than GSP and can defend takedowns without negatively affecting any part of his game. Bisping having the MW strap presents a unique opportunity for GSP. It's the reason why GSP started to call out Bisping when he was still a year out from being able to fight again. He's being very selective about who he will fight which is why he will call out Conor if he beats Bisping.

Truth be told it would have been much smarter to put on GSP vs Woodley cause the MW division is clogged up with contenders while Woodley is twirling his thumbs waiting for a WW contender to emerge.

A lot of people would say that GSP vs Bisping will draw more audience but I don't believe it. GSP vs anyone at this time would be huge.
Woodley better wrestler? Based on what? Woodley is basically slower with inferior wrestler version of koscheck.

Woodley better wrestler? Based on what? Woodley is basically slower with inferior wrestler version of koscheck.

His takedown defense is solid, his offensive wrestling is...Basic. Relies heavily on athleticism and strength. Kos was more savvy with the takedowns and could drive a double like no other besides GSP at WW.

But yeah, Woodley is the type of fighter that is going to end up a deer in the headlights facing GSP's style.

gsps path to victory, let's be real, is take downs, top control, and lnp. Occasionally he implements a jab (Fitch, koschek2). But in the vast majority of title defenses, he couldn't win w/o being awarded points for takedowns and control. Points as opposed to damage and finishing, is mainly how he won.

Now Dana And friends state that they are basically punishing woodley for a boring performance against Maia, in not presenting a gsp vs woodley fight, which is a fight that makes infinitely more sense than gsp vs bisping

But could it be that after seeing wonderboy, a much more skilled striker than gsp, get completely neutralized twice, and then seeing Maia who is a more dangerous finisher and grappler than gsp(Maia actually finishes people on the ground while gsp couldn't finish Dan hardy) get completely rendered useless, that gsp knew he had no path to victory against woodley.

Now I know woodley is hurt, but is the real reason we see gsp fight bisping and not fight woodley, is that gap sees a path to victory against bisping (which is sad that the mw champion is seen as so vulnerable by a retiree) and not woodley?

LOL.
So you know Woodley is hurt.
you know the biggest criticism on GSP is that he does not finish fights
And Weedley has followed the same path (since he got the belt)...

...and yet you can't make it why they are not making Woodley & GSP?

Yes, it has to be that the guy who dominated everyone in his division does not know how to beat Woodley, a guy who is too afraid to beat Maia standing.

Child, please! Give it up!
It is fairly easy to predict that GSP would jab Woodley to a victory (much like he did to Koscheck), because Woodley would just stand there, afraid to commit (like he did to WB or Maia).

Do you not see how stupid this post is? You are saying he is scared of ww' s except he is fighting in a weight class above is with arguably better fighters
Yes, I am saying that. He is scared of Woodley just like he was scared of Anderson. Bisping is the easiest fight for a belt, you're post is the stupid one, blah blah "GSP is GOAT", I'm bored. You are entitled to your own silly opinion. Saying GSP isn't ducking Woodley ... is just ... silly.

Rory beat the shit out of Woodley and took him down. Prime GSP slams Woodley like everyone else.

Yes, I am saying that. He is scared of Woodley just like he was scared of Anderson. Bisping is the easiest fight for a belt, you're post is the stupid one, blah blah "GSP is GOAT" I'm bored. You are entitled to your own silly opinion. Saying GSP isn't ducking Woodley ... it's just ... silly.

Woodley is one guy I wouldn't at all be surprised to see GSP finish. He has fought this type of fight on many occasions. Only those occasions offered guys with far superior gas tanks.

Woodley would get tired after the first round of pressure. Also getting his face repeatedly jabbed also adds onto the exhaustion...Both mentally and physically.

Remember when Rory outclassed Woodley?

Back then, Rory used to train with Tristar... so if Rory can outclass Woodley...

You know the rest.

Woodley is one guy I wouldn't at all be surprised to see GSP finish. He has fought this type of fight on many occasions. Only those occasions offered guys with far superior gas tanks.

Woodley would get tired after the first round of pressure. Also getting his face repeatedly jabbed also adds onto the exhaustion...Both mentally and physically.
Maybe seven years ago, sure. If you think Woodley is scared of current GSP in any way, shape or form you're crazy. You GSP fans are loyal and intense. It's always been this way. He has some really die hard fans. (He's going to lose to Bisping, GSP hasn't fought in 4 years!)

Remember when Rory outclassed Woodley?

Back then, Rory used to train with Tristar... so if Rory can outclass Woodley...

You know the rest.

g6_RoA.gif

tumblr_mj60k8pANU1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Maybe seven years ago, sure. If you think Woodley is scared of GSP in any way, shape or form you're crazy. You GSP fans are loyal and intense. It's always been this way. He has some really die hard fans.

I may be a fan, but I'm also a realist. The GSP from 7 years ago would make Woodley look like he didn't belong in the UFC. The GSP from 4-5 years ago would still make him look terrible. The big question is what will he look like now.

I'm a realist, I don't like his chances against Mike(Bigger, great gas tank, solid defensive grappling/ttd. Good boxing/kickboxing...It just feels like an uphil grind for GSP...Especially now coming back.), I do feel that stylistically...Woodley is tailor made for him. It's precisely the type of fighter he has faced his entire career. Take away Woodley's power, and you would have the most perfect opponent for GSP's style. The power Woodley possesses is his only saving grace coming into this.

In Bisping's last 4 fights, he got his ass kicked by a 90 year old Dan Henderson, beat a one-legged Rockhold, got knocked out by Anderson Silva, and won a home cooking robbery against Thales Leites. Smart fight for GSP who may still lose.

I may be a fan, but I'm also a realist. The GSP from 7 years ago would make Woodley look like he didn't belong in the UFC. The GSP from 4-5 years ago would still make him look terrible. The big question is what will he look like now.

I'm a realist, I don't like his chances against Mike(Bigger, great gas tank, solid defensive grappling/ttd. Good boxing/kickboxing...It just feels like an uphil grind for GSP...Especially now coming back.), I do feel that stylistically...Woodley is tailor made for him. It's precisely the type of fighter he has faced his entire career. Take away Woodley's power, and you would have the most perfect opponent for GSP's style. The power Woodley possesses is his only saving grace coming into this.
So you're saying GSP took the harder fight in Bisping at 185 to challenge himself?

So you're saying GSP took the harder fight in Bisping at 185 to challenge himself?

Money and a belt at a heavier weightclass. Both those things are the driving force, just so happens Bisping is stylistically bad for GSP in comparison to Woodley.

People are most likely hesitant to watch Woodley fight after his past fights, especially the last one. There is more money/bragging right/prestige in going up to fight Bisping.

One thing I will say, I was never for GSP jumping the line at MW. Though he is a legend, there were 2-3 guys there chomping at the bits for Bisping's ass who deserved it ahead of him.

The reason GSP moves to mw is that he wants to be champ in two divisions. After guys like Anderson, Vitor, Hendo got old, MW is at its weakest in years. It is a perfect timing, And GSP has trained with Weidman, so he knows where the current level is.

Money and a belt at a heavier weightclass. Both those things are the driving force, just so happens Bisping is stylistically bad for GSP in comparison to Woodley.

People are most likely hesitant to watch Woodley fight after his past fights, especially the last one. There is more money/bragging right/prestige in going up to fight Bisping.

One thing I will say, I was never for GSP jumping the line at MW. Though he is a legend, there were 2-3 guys there chomping at the bits for Bisping's ass who deserved it ahead of him.
There would be far more bragging rights if he were to come back to his own division after 4 years and beat Woodley, over Bisping. Let's agree to disagree.

There would be far more bragging rights if he were to come back to his own division after 4 years and beat Woodley, over Bisping. Let's agree to disagree.

latest

And no there would not. If he had taken the Woodley fight, came in and did his usual 50-45 bit...You and many others would say he came back to do the same old thing against the same type of fighter he has always faced. You can't win over everyone.

Money, does more for his legacy if he wins the MW belt, etc. Bisping is the tougher fight. He's bigger, has enough power to flatline Georges just like Woodley does, has good TDD, and overall is a better striker than Woodley 'cause he mixes it up 100x better and throws a lot of volume, and he's tough as fuck with great cardio. Stylistically, this is a tougher match for GSP. Not that Tyron isn't a tough fight because he is, he's a very tough fight for him, but Bisping is the bigger challenge and the pay off is much higher for this than a fight with Woodley would be. It's easy to understand why GSP wanted this fight. He has much more to gain in this fight than he would against Tyron and that's the truth. People saying this is an easier match up have no idea what they're talking about and have to stop acting as if Bisping isn't any good.

gsps path to victory, let's be real, is take downs, top control, and lnp. Occasionally he implements a jab (Fitch, koschek2). But in the vast majority of title defenses, he couldn't win w/o being awarded points for takedowns and control. Points as opposed to damage and finishing, is mainly how he won.

Now Dana And friends state that they are basically punishing woodley for a boring performance against Maia, in not presenting a gsp vs woodley fight, which is a fight that makes infinitely more sense than gsp vs bisping

But could it be that after seeing wonderboy, a much more skilled striker than gsp, get completely neutralized twice, and then seeing Maia who is a more dangerous finisher and grappler than gsp(Maia actually finishes people on the ground while gsp couldn't finish Dan hardy) get completely rendered useless, that gsp knew he had no path to victory against woodley.

Now I know woodley is hurt, but is the real reason we see gsp fight bisping and not fight woodley, is that gap sees a path to victory against bisping (which is sad that the mw champion is seen as so vulnerable by a retiree) and not woodley?

Actually its exactly the same as the one which explains why Woodley want to fight a guy who hasn't been in the cage in four years instead of fighting a WW who actually is in the top ten (or better, top five) - money.

Bisping is a bigger PPV draw than Woodley right now. Just as GSP is a bigger PPV draw than any of the actually currently ranked guys Woodley isn't calling out ... Woodley, GSP, and Bisping are all playing exactly the same game: trying to fight the biggest PPV name they can arrange.

If it was just on merits, GSP wouldn't have a fight with either Woodley or Bisping - he's not stepped into the cage in four years, he has to prove he still belongs in the UFC, let alone a title shot. If it was on merits neither Bisping or Woodley would be even remotely interested in fighiing GSP until he had a couple of good wins post-retirement. But its all about money, for all of them, so GSP wants to fight Bisping, and Bisping and Woodley both want to fight GSP. Its naive to think anything else is involved for any of them.

latest

And no there would not. If he had taken the Woodley fight, came in and did his usual 50-45 bit...You and many others would say he came back to do the same old thing against the same type of fighter he has always faced. You can't win over everyone.
If he came back and beat Woodley after a 4 year layoff I would drop to my knees, beg a picture of GSP for forgiveness, and start screaming from the mountaintops GSP is the greatest of all time. If he beats Bisping, we will wait for him to either get KTFO or retire. He will get no respect for beating Bisping, as Bisping is not a respected champion. Agree to disagree this is my second offer???

Back