The real reason gsp is fighting bisping instead of woodley

I started reading this thread than gave up.

The real reason GSP is fighting Bisping is that the UFC think it'll sell more PPVs than GSP vs Woodley or Bisping vs anyone else.
Pretending the matchups are made because of who fighters think they'll beat is dumb. If fighters made all the fights the UFC wouldn't employ Sean Shelby.

Truth be told it would have been much smarter to put on GSP vs Woodley cause the MW division is clogged up with contenders while Woodley is twirling his thumbs waiting for a WW contender to emerge.

Lawler
Anjos
Colby
Perry
Usman

MW has Whit (injured), Romero and Luke.

Woodley looks terrible. He lost to Thompson twice, smashed by Rory, and didn't look good against Maia either.

Bisping is a far more difficult opponent.
Woodley looks terrible. He lost to Thompson twice, smashed by Rory, and didn't look good against Maia either.

Bisping is a far more difficult opponent.
Lmaoo!!!!!

He lost to Thompson twice?

Lol!!!!!!

Yes in this imaginary reality hes "easier"

He doesn't see WW as a challenge anymore.

185 is his new challenge.

Pretty simple ..

Without the takedown threat GSP is nothing.
He may be a better striker than shitty strikers like Hughes, Koscheck and Shields, but he ain't a better striker than Woodley, Wonderboy, Lawler, Masvidal.

The division got a lot better since he "retired", if he want to get his belt back he need to be better than what he was before.
Good news, he said he is better than ever, so we will see.

What about Woodley makes you think his striking is next generation?

He is a competent but low output counter striker. He has a very big and quick right hand. But that is it.

Yes, I am saying that. He is scared of Woodley just like he was scared of Anderson. Bisping is the easiest fight for a belt, you're post is the stupid one, blah blah "GSP is GOAT", I'm bored. You are entitled to your own silly opinion. Saying GSP isn't ducking Woodley ... is just ... silly.
Wow, you really are dumber than I thought you were lol

Wow, you really are dumber than I thought you were lol
You think GSP can come back after 4 years off and beat Woodley? And you're calling me dumb ... ? You think he's going to 185 to challenge himself? Who has better wrestling, Woodley, or Bisping? Who has true KO power, Woodley, or Bisping? Stop.

You think GSP can come back after 4 years off and beat Woodley? And you're calling me dumb ... ? You think he's going to 185 to challenge himself? Who has better wrestling, Woodley, or Bisping? Who has true KO power, Woodley, or Bisping? Stop.
If you are so short sighted that you can't see past gsp beating bisping and fighting tougher comp then there is no hope for you, " gsp believes he will beat him" and he is contractually obligated to fight the interim champ. Tyrone can't sell a ppl if he paid ppl to watch it

If you are so short sighted that you can't see past gsp beating bisping and fighting tougher comp then there is no hope for you, " gsp believes he will beat him" and he is contractually obligated to fight the interim champ. Tyrone can't sell a ppl if he paid ppl to watch it
I would pay to watch GSP vs Tyron over GSP vs fucking Bisping. GSP vs Michael Bisping for the MW Title in 2017. Does that sound right to you? You think he can beat any top 5 in that division are you crazy? He's obligated to defend, they can't make him fight.

I would pay to watch GSP vs Tyron than GSP vs fucking Bisping. GSP vs Michael Bisping for the MW Title in 2017. Does that sound right to you?
Obsolutely not lol....keep in mind though that the UFC is about making money first...a fight with Tyrone would not make as much as a fight vs bisping....ww goat fighting up in class against the champ, one who can really shit talk I might add.....may not be fair to everyone else but it will sell

gsps path to victory, let's be real, is take downs, top control, and lnp. Occasionally he implements a jab (Fitch, koschek2). But in the vast majority of title defenses, he couldn't win w/o being awarded points for takedowns and control. Points as opposed to damage and finishing, is mainly how he won.

Now Dana And friends state that they are basically punishing woodley for a boring performance against Maia, in not presenting a gsp vs woodley fight, which is a fight that makes infinitely more sense than gsp vs bisping

But could it be that after seeing wonderboy, a much more skilled striker than gsp, get completely neutralized twice, and then seeing Maia who is a more dangerous finisher and grappler than gsp(Maia actually finishes people on the ground while gsp couldn't finish Dan hardy) get completely rendered useless, that gsp knew he had no path to victory against woodley.

Now I know woodley is hurt, but is the real reason we see gsp fight bisping and not fight woodley, is that gap sees a path to victory against bisping (which is sad that the mw champion is seen as so vulnerable by a retiree) and not woodley?

Haven't we had this crappy thread like 30 times???

He's fighting Bisping because he thinks he's an easy win and will promote the fight. It's that simple. He wouldn't be fighting at MW if Weidman, Rockhold, Whittaker, Romero were champion. He knows he can't win that.

He's fighting Bisping because he thinks he's an easy win and will promote the fight. It's that simple. He wouldn't be fighting at MW if Weidman, Rockhold, Whittaker, Romero were champion. He knows he can't win that.

Accept for the fact he already has agreed to fight Whitaker if he wins be bisping.

Your ideas have no merit based on that fact alone.

gsps path to victory, let's be real, is take downs, top control, and lnp. Occasionally he implements a jab (Fitch, koschek2). But in the vast majority of title defenses, he couldn't win w/o being awarded points for takedowns and control. Points as opposed to damage and finishing, is mainly how he won.

Now Dana And friends state that they are basically punishing woodley for a boring performance against Maia, in not presenting a gsp vs woodley fight, which is a fight that makes infinitely more sense than gsp vs bisping

But could it be that after seeing wonderboy, a much more skilled striker than gsp, get completely neutralized twice, and then seeing Maia who is a more dangerous finisher and grappler than gsp(Maia actually finishes people on the ground while gsp couldn't finish Dan hardy) get completely rendered useless, that gsp knew he had no path to victory against woodley.

Now I know woodley is hurt, but is the real reason we see gsp fight bisping and not fight woodley, is that gap sees a path to victory against bisping (which is sad that the mw champion is seen as so vulnerable by a retiree) and not woodley?

...Also Woodley is hurt...

...also as a potential GOAT, GSP can do what he wants...

Do you not see how stupid this post is? You are saying he is scared of ww' s except he is fighting in a weight class above is with arguably better fighters
bisping is a better fighter than woodley?

Back