Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

Word of warning to home owners. Do not stash weapons with perks in the house as it erases them. Not sure how prevalent this glitch is, but keep a lookout and I'll post more info as I research.

Known about CEMU for a while now and while amazing in the amount of progress made, you'd need an absurdly powerful computer to run the game at all let alone 4k.
I'm real excited about CEMU. Ran out of HDMI ports so only playing the Wii U on the controller screen now, would be nice to be able to play Bayo 2 and wonderful 101 etc on the PC.

I'm real excited about CEMU. Ran out of HDMI ports so only playing the Wii U on the controller screen now, would be nice to be able to play Bayo 2 and wonderful 101 etc on the PC.

Would be cool as fuck, but again you'll need a beefy as all hell pc for it to work. We're talking $700+ at least and that's the lowball estimate. This assumes you're buying the parts and building it yourself.

Would be cool as fuck, but again you'll need a beefy as all hell pc for it to work. We're talking $700+ at least and that's the lowball estimate. This assumes you're buying the parts and building it yourself.
I managed to get it up and running but it was so jerky it was unplayable. I have a 7700k and a 1070.

Yeah, needs more work before it's ready. Got a decent PC though, i7 980ti now, and a 1080ti coming in the mail, so hopefully it'll be workable before long.

trying really hard to skip over any posts that has spoilers. I want to find things out for myself.

right now I am looking for someone specific that's being really fuckin' annoying me but I don't want to seek help. so I've been wandering further and further out to look for this fukker but I can't seem to find him... but I have tons of resources now from killing everything in my path and I am up to 14 hearts and 2 extra stamina upgrades.

this game is blissfully pissing me off.. does that make sense? lol

Gorund out the 10,000 rupees this morning to unlock the last Great Fairy and feeling pretty beastly now. After I unlocked I had enough resources to upgrade 2 of 3 pieces of armor to level 4 for both my Climbing set and Hylian set. So now with mixed set I'm up to 60 defense. Just a few more Bokoblin Guts and Swift Violets to max each set. Bokoblin Guts will be a lot easier since I can just find a high level skull camp and get 5~6 per camp, and with 60 defense I can rush the camp with a 2h sword and whirlwind everything down. Swift Violets I've decided to just by x4 at a time from Zora's Domain since finding them on a mountain side is a pain. Full set of maxed Climbing gear has the climbing bonus and the same defense as the Hylian set, but I love the look of the Hylian set so I usually rock that wandering around unless I need to climb large cliff face.

Have one of the Barbarian set, and working on getting the other 2. Would love to level these up, but they all need Lynel parts which are not that easy to come by. I have a few marked on my map, but you have to wait for the blood moon for the respawn and some of them are pretty nasty and take lots of weapons to drop. The toughest one I've marked is a Whilte Maned Lynel in the snow fields in the NW has like 4000 hp and hits like a truck.

Gorund out the 10,000 rupees this morning to unlock the last Great Fairy and feeling pretty beastly now. After I unlocked I had enough resources to upgrade 2 of 3 pieces of armor to level 4 for both my Climbing set and Hylian set. So now with mixed set I'm up to 60 defense. Just a few more Bokoblin Guts and Swift Violets to max each set. Bokoblin Guts will be a lot easier since I can just find a high level skull camp and get 5~6 per camp, and with 60 defense I can rush the camp with a 2h sword and whirlwind everything down. Swift Violets I've decided to just by x4 at a time from Zora's Domain since finding them on a mountain side is a pain. Full set of maxed Climbing gear has the climbing bonus and the same defense as the Hylian set, but I love the look of the Hylian set so I usually rock that wandering around unless I need to climb large cliff face.

Have one of the Barbarian set, and working on getting the other 2. Would love to level these up, but they all need Lynel parts which are not that easy to come by. I have a few marked on my map, but you have to wait for the blood moon for the respawn and some of them are pretty nasty and take lots of weapons to drop. The toughest one I've marked is a Whilte Maned Lynel in the snow fields in the NW has like 4000 hp and hits like a truck.

Most of my Lynel are silver maned now and yet I somehow STILL manage to only break 1-2 weapons on them. Usually the one they wield plus my spare. I have too many of their bows.

Finally did the Zora guardian so that I could talk about it with my co-worker.

Turns out we did the encounter totally different ways.
I used about 70 normal arrows, he used zero normal arrows.

I feel like such a fool for wasting that many arrows because I keep playing this game like other standard open world games...

Last edited:
Finally did the Zora guardian so that I could talk about it with my co-worker.

Turns out we did the encounter totally different ways. I used about 70 normal arrows, he used zero normal arrows.

I feel like such a fool for wasting that many arrows because I keep playing this game like other standard open world games...

lol. oh shit I just realized what u are talking about... I probably did it the same way youdid too. this game is freakin' awesome...

u really should use spoiler tags for that tho..

lol. oh shit I just realized what u are talking about... I probably did it the same way youdid too. this game is freakin' awesome...

u really should use spoiler tags for that tho..

ok added thet spoiler tag

Finally made it to Lurelin village and the surrounding area today. Love the tropical and exotic feel of the place. Also Eventide Island was awesome

Once you get on the island you lose all of your gear and have to survive and solve the puzzle with just your Sheikah Slate and things you find. Love every second of it.

One thing I don't like about the Switch is it makes my TV automatically change to the input it's on every 10-15 minutes unless it's turned completely off. Which sucks because I prefer to have it on sleep mode. I have a 65" Samsung SUHD TV and it was originally thought this issue only occurred with Samsung TVs. However I looked online and it seems this issue is happening with a lot of newer TVs. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Anyone want to give me a hint where I can find the best horses? Trying to find at least one with the max speed and stamina.

I just mounted the giant horse for the side quest but I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it.

May contain some spoilers if you don't want to see types of enemies or certain locations before you discover them yourselves, this video has no story spoilers

Sold all my gems to buy the house. Ballin in Hyrule!

Sold all my gems to buy the house. Ballin in Hyrule!
PSA about the house. If you stash weapons or any other gear with perks, the perks will get deleted. Not sure if this is a glitch or what, but be careful.

PSA about the house. If you stash weapons or any other gear with perks, the perks will get deleted. Not sure if this is a glitch or what, but be careful.

u mean the bonus perk like (+6 attack) or something like that?

Wow I stumbled into the wrong shrine. "A Major Test of Strength." I could barely do any damage to that thing. I was hitting it with explosive arrows and every weapon I have and couldn't even get it down to half health.

Wow I stumbled into the wrong shrine. "A Major Test of Strength." I could barely do any damage to that thing. I was hitting it with explosive arrows and every weapon I have and couldn't even get it down to half health.

It's not that you were barely doing damage, the Major Test of Strength guardians just have 3000 HP's so you have to go in there ready to inflict massive damage.

The first one I took out I broke every weapon and used just about all my arrows. He dropped great loot in a Guardians Great Axe with 60 damage, and Guardians Sword++ that did 40 damage. I used these 2 on the next Major Test of Strength and almost took him down with those 2 weapons since they had some pretty beefy durability.

Back