Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

Otherwise, why would you do anything but use the best weapon all the time [once you find it]?

That's actually what I did. I got the main zelda sword and just used that. I didn't really feel like I was adapting or that system was adding anything to the game to make it more enjoyable. It was making the game slightly harder at first but once I had enough weapons I was good. I was really just more annoyed by the fact that I liked the way some of the weapons looked more than others and I would lose them.

Thank god we got genius game designers who worked on the game. We would have gotten an inferior experience without the weapon break system.

Yea to each his own from what I can see the fan base has been split on the durability system. Honestly while I didn't like the system it wasn't even close to what bothered me the most about the game. The bosses were garbage and that's the thing that bothered me the most. None of the classic zelda boss fights other than water blight (barely) and gannon.

Fenyx is way better. Basically the same game without a lot of the dumb shit like weapons breaking
I havent played it but I find that hard to believe. Im more or less certain its not, but Ill definitely see for myself.

The weapon breaking is basically necessary for the game. It makes you adapt to situations and consider your options. You get creative, you explore, it adds to the gameplay. Otherwise, why would you do anything but use the best weapon all the time [once you find it]?

Thank god we got genius game designers who worked on the game. We would have gotten an inferior experience without the weapon break system.
Its relative to the player. For some it adds depth and strategy. For others it just adds irritation. I can take it or leave it but I dont think I needed it in Zelda games. None of the other zeldas needed it so I dont believe this one did either.

Fenyx is way better. Basically the same game without a lot of the dumb shit like weapons breaking
Yea I feel like Fenyx perfected a lot of the ideas in BotW. BotW did have some interesting stuff to do with gadgets though... and cooking was a lot of fun.

This has got to be the best open world game that I have ever played. The sense of adventure and freedom it gives me is off the charts.

The only game in the same ball park is the witcher 3. That I can think of anyway.

I had one play through of this game and put it down.

My first thought was that it is mediocre, but I picked it up again and it’s gone from mediocre to crap.

I played Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time between my first play through of Breath of the Wild and it really exposed to me how much is missing in BOTW.

Like, play the Zelda song and give me his costume. Would they do Halo with Master Chief out of his armour, dressed like a surfer?
Or Doom? Or Mario? You have to beat every single one of those shitty repetitive annoying mini dungeons just to get his basic costume so you can feel like you’re playing a Zelda game.

I don’t mind the weapons breaking, that’s fine, but not an improvement over any other game. It’s just different, mildly annoying.

The horse riding system is worse in this game than it was in Red Dead Redemption 1. Hell it’s worse than Ocarina of Time, which came out like 20 years ago.

The crafting system is exceptionally, unbelievably boring.

The sound design in this game gives me a splitting headache. The way Link’s gear makes noises and the pitter patter sound of his feet just kill me, and there is no way to edit the sound. You can’t “turn music up while turning the effects down” like you can in every other game ever made.

The controllers switch comes with break very easily, so I got a different controller. I don’t like the Joy Con controllers anyway, new controller has been good. I guess that’s the one thing that has been good about trying to play this thing again.

This has got to be the best open world game that I have ever played. The sense of adventure and freedom it gives me is off the charts.

The only game in the same ball park is the witcher 3. That I can think of anyway.

The novelty of BoTW wore off. Elden ring is now my favorite open world game.

I had one play through of this game and put it down.

My first thought was that it is mediocre, but I picked it up again and it’s gone from mediocre to crap.

I played Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time between my first play through of Breath of the Wild and it really exposed to me how much is missing in BOTW.

Like, play the Zelda song and give me his costume. Would they do Halo with Master Chief out of his armour, dressed like a surfer?
Or Doom? Or Mario? You have to beat every single one of those shitty repetitive annoying mini dungeons just to get his basic costume so you can feel like you’re playing a Zelda game.

I don’t mind the weapons breaking, that’s fine, but not an improvement over any other game. It’s just different, mildly annoying.

The horse riding system is worse in this game than it was in Red Dead Redemption 1. Hell it’s worse than Ocarina of Time, which came out like 20 years ago.

The crafting system is exceptionally, unbelievably boring.

The sound design in this game gives me a splitting headache. The way Link’s gear makes noises and the pitter patter sound of his feet just kill me, and there is no way to edit the sound. You can’t “turn music up while turning the effects down” like you can in every other game ever made.

The controllers switch comes with break very easily, so I got a different controller. I don’t like the Joy Con controllers anyway, new controller has been good. I guess that’s the one thing that has been good about trying to play this thing again.

I want them to go back to the OoT style. I also don't think these games feel like zelda games.

I want them to go back to the OoT style. I also don't think these games feel like zelda games.

At least give me the song and the costume!

It’s like doing a whole Batman games as Bruce Wayne, or doing a James Bond game dressed in Wu-Wear with ODB blaring

Left the lighting temple since I kept getting one shot off camera in second phase of boss. It's the last of the first 4 for me. And realized I missed some "starter" quests including the geoglyphs/memories, autobuild, and great faeries...

Back