Movies LEGEND OF ZELDA Live-Action Movie in the Works

Quite the mix there, awesome mix: the gloom and Darkness of Legend (pun intended), swordplay, magic and realisim of Willow, insane fantasy of Labyrinth (and muppets..and Bowies package)

Guess some Neverending Story can be thrown there too
Crazy to think all these were made so close

Neverending Story 1984
Legend 1985
Labyrinth 1986
Willow 1988

Also got not too far as genre Lady Hawke in 1985 and Princess Bride 1987

de6e150d779a12b87991b8af2fd9655f.png

Guess some Neverending Story can be thrown there too
Crazy to think all these were made so close

Neverending Story 1984
Legend 1985
Labyrinth 1986
Willow 1988

Also got not too far as genre Lady Hawke in 1985 and Princess Bride 1987

de6e150d779a12b87991b8af2fd9655f.png

Back when movies were good.

if Link speaks a single word, i’m out

Teh non-linear adventure choices helped make these games so great. I'm not sure how they can translate that into a movie, but maybe they don't have too... if they have a good enough story. It would be fun to see them play with that a bit though.

There are some epic story-linez already in existence. Teh lor of Hyrule is great, & this young boy, raised by ageless children ...though he was never truly one of them, nor ageless... emergez as a hero, & basically becomes teh light that always fights teh dark. He literally becomez one of teh 3 powers... Courage. That could make for a great movie outline~

Would be sweet for him & Zelda to hook up, making him royalty in teh end. This could develop to be teh new Lord of teh Ringz if done well & with a ridiculously high budget. The way Nintendo protects their assets... & this being one of their best... I am expecting them to open up their pocket books.

Unimaginably cool dungeonz... would be a great way to start teh action sequencez. Overall story, & epic dungeons is where they really gotta hit home to win over teh Zelda crowd. Teh Macguffinz link collects have to be on point. I'm bias, but I think teh time travel in Ocarina would be fantastic!!!

Will be interesting to see how they manage to have link walking around with all that shit on him... lol... I alwayz laughed about that. (I'm carrying 100 bombz, 50 arrowz & a bow, a hookshot, a monster sword & a smaller sword, A massive battle ax, 3 shieldz, 3 pairz of boots, & 3 outfits, 500 Rupeez, 5 bottlez of potions, some masks & a huge fooking bag of deku nuts. Oh, and a big ass Ocarina)

An incantation on his carryin sack that makes everything smaller until he takes it out is teh accepted lor from a Zelda cartoon series, but they will have to spend a bit of movie time explaining that in a way that works on film. Perhaps teh bag becomes a portal to a big treasure chest in his house? Fun to think about, & I hope they do that part of teh adventure some justice.

Anywayz... I'm looking forward to this, as I'm sure they will at least attempt to do justice for one of their biggest assets.

Last edited:
Update: November 7, 2023

LEGEND OF ZELDA Live-Action Movie in the Works from from Nintendo and Sony Pictures with Wes Ball Directing

WCEKM9L.jpg

The Legend of Zelda is heading to the big screen. After Universal’s $1 billion hit adaptation Super Mario Bros. Movie, Nintendo is developing the new Zelda project with Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Wes Ball, the director behind the Maze Runner trilogy, will helm the live-action feature, with Sony distributing. Nintendo and Avi Arad’s Arad Productions, Inc. are behind the film that will be co-financed by the gaming giant and Sony.

Nintendo representative director and fellow Shigeru Miyamoto, who is set to produce the movie, posted Tuesday to X (formerly Twitter) that he and Arad have been working on a live-action version “for many years now.”

Miyamoto continued, “We have now officially started the development of the film with Nintendo itself heavily involved in the production. It will take time until its completion, but I hope you look forward to seeing it.”

Ball made his feature directorial debut with 2014’s The Maze Runner, shepherding the adaptation of the dystopian novels by James Dashner across three movies, each one gaining an ever larger scope. His next movie will he his biggest canvas yet: a new Planet of the Apes move. Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes opens May 24, 2024.

Zelda is a crown jewel of the Nintendo empire that dates back to the first game in 1986. Spanning thousands of years, the fantasy-inspired games usually tell the tale of a boy named Link who must save the Kingdom of Hyrule as well as its princess, the titular Zelda, who sometimes is a hero in her on right. Link must defeat the evil Ganon, who seeks to collect all three pieces of the Triforce in order to obtain ultimate power.

The games are known for pushing the boundaries of both story and technology, with 2017’s The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild and its 2022 sequel Tears of the Kingdom considered to be among the greatest video games of all time. There have been 20 games in the main series to date.

Nintendo is extremely protective of its properties and before this year, had not released a film adaptation since 1993’s Super Mario Bros., the critically panned film that starred Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo as the famous plumbers. But that film, distributed by Universal and voice starring Chris Pratt, became an outsized hit, grossing $1.3 billion. Netflix previously tried to get a Legend of Zelda animated series off the ground, putting it into development in 2015, but it never materialized. It previously was adapted as a 1989 American animated series.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/legend-of-zelda-movie-nintendo-1234964911/
<DCWhoa>

Fuck yeah!!! It’s only the greatest game to have ever, or will ever exist!

This is a game I logged many hours on in the 80s. I think it lends itself to a decent story....I liked the D&D with Chris Pine well enough.

This is a game I logged many hours on in the 80s. I think it lends itself to a decent story....I liked the D&D with Chris Pine well enough.

D&D was absolutely done right. It was more a movie about people playing D&D (all the dumb shit players do) than just another serious movie set in the universe.

I never played Zelda, but from what I’m told, there is enough lore for a decent story. Only problem is that movie writers usually have to adapt lore in ways that translate to screen. And we all know that these instances can be a coin flip. So I’ll say that a live action Zelda will be a coin flip. Unless a super wave of nostalgia kicks in.

personally I'd rather a Legacy of the Wizard live action game.

Seems most of the time "adapting" the IP changes it too much for the worse. There's a reason the original IP succeeded, so don't fook with it.

Also, Freevee has the awful Zelda cartoon... probably made by Americans.

Don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but they have so much to work with for the soundtrack. Real potential to be epic if they don't screw it up.

I heard one of these guys will be cast as Gannon...

0c7.png

I might have to look into getting a Switch system just so I can play those new gamez. We're big Mario Kart fanz too... & I'm sure there's lots of cool games with much better graphics.

I'm 41 years old and Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom is the greatest game I have ever played.

Got out of video games from my late 20s to late 30s but my son is into them now for about 3 years. I play games with him again and Tears of the Kingdom is absolutely mind blowing how great it is

Back