Nintendo The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild official thread

It was pretty much the same for me. By the time I had done just about everything and beaten Ganon I had more than 250 hours put in.

I swear this is the best game to smoke a couple bong loads and just run around exploring

Very enjoyable for me so far

I dislike the weapon breaking.

How far into the game are you? It seems like a bad system at first, but you'll eventually come across so many weapons you're using them just to break so you can replace them with better ones. Plus you eventually get a weapon that doesn't break, just needs a 10 minute cooldown.

How far into the game are you? It seems like a bad system at first, but you'll eventually come across so many weapons you're using them just to break so you can replace them with better ones. Plus you eventually get a weapon that doesn't break, just needs a 10 minute cooldown.

Im not too far into it, but its just getting annoying to constantly switch weapons for like the 17 enemies I've actually come across. The bows wear out too fast and melee just seems weak. Im continuing on but the weapon mechanics are not welcomed ha

I swear this is the best game to smoke a couple bong loads and just run around exploring

Very enjoyable for me so far

I didn't do that in this game (it started off great but died out IMO) but I do love doing that in open world games like this. It's what I did in HZD in fact.

Im not too far into it, but its just getting annoying to constantly switch weapons for like the 17 enemies I've actually come across. The bows wear out too fast and melee just seems weak. Im continuing on but the weapon mechanics are not welcomed ha

Just wait until you're a little further in the game. The weapons get a lot stronger and more durable.

Ok, so after just playing around in the world forever and getting ridiculously strong I finally just said fuck it and beat Ganon. My thoughts:

I think the first half of the gaming experience is perfect. The world is massive, mysteries and dangerous. I think the new format did wonders for the series. However, towards the end the danger left, and world was explored and all that was left was a mediocre story and no great boss fights or dungeons. I am hoping this was just because they spent soo much time on the new engine, world that all that stuff got kinda left out. I am hoping to see a mix of the two for the follow-up. More varied enemies, a proper story line and at least a few huge dungeons and a more traditional score. I'd like to see the world stay quite, but bring back the music for large dungeons and have a really strong storyline throughout. Almost take the old version, and layer it into the new one. Anyways overall it was a great game, but the ending was just kinda a letdown. Here's hoping for an epic sequel.

is this game manageable with pro hud for a first-time playthrough?

is this game manageable with pro hud for a first-time playthrough?

Definitely. It's way more immersive and you will love it. I switched about 20hrs into it as soon as I found out about it and it made it 100x better.

So I am just now crossing the 100 hour mark so I think I can offer an opinion on the game

Its great. I get high and play the hell out of it. I really think its one of the best games to smoke weed and play.

I agree that there should be more types of enemies and I wish the dungeons were better designed. They are all pretty easy. Maybe could have added some enemies inside of the dungeons to make it harder

Unless things change I will probably end up spending at least another 30-50 hours in this game unlocking all the costumes and upgrading all the armors and all that jazz

Last edited:
Got my 8 year old a switch for Xmas mainly so I can play Zelda. A couple hours in, loving it so far!

So I am just now crossing the 100 hour mark so I think I can offer an opinion on the game

Its great. I get high and play the hell out of it. I really think its one of the best games to smoke weed and play.

I agree that there should be more types of enemies and I wish the dungeons were better designed. They are all pretty easy. Maybe could have added some enemies inside of the dungeons to make it harder

Unless things change I will probably end up spending at least another 30-50 hours in this game unlocking all the costumes and upgrading all the armors and all that jazz

Did you play the DLC as well? Because that's another bunch of hours.

New player here. This is an amazing Zelda game. There is so much to praise. The only negatives I have is the shrines and weapon breaking.

Imo the shrines hold the game back. There are a ton of them and I'm never really happy that I completed one. The puzzles are almost always too easy, lame, or boring. This game would be even better if these were actual dungeons with mini bosses at the end.

The weapon breaking is a bit annoying and I dont think it did much to add to the experience. It doesnt make me upset or anything I'm just not a fan if it.

Nice bump. Loved this game so much. I think last year was the first year i didnt replay it since it came out. Can't wait for the sequel.

New player here. This is an amazing Zelda game. There is so much to praise. The only negatives I have is the shrines and weapon breaking.

Imo the shrines hold the game back. There are a ton of them and I'm never really happy that I completed one. The puzzles are almost always too easy, lame, or boring. This game would be even better if these were actual dungeons with mini bosses at the end.

The weapon breaking is a bit annoying and I dont think it did much to add to the experience. It doesnt make me upset or anything I'm just not a fan if it.

Weapon breaking I hated well. The shrines I liked but the dungeons felt lacking compared to other Zelda games because of it and I would have preferred more traditional Zelda dungeons. Also the bosses are the worst. The water boss and Gannon are the only bosses in this game I would even call a boss. Very disappointed in the bosses in this game.

Weapon breaking I hated well. The shrines I liked but the dungeons felt lacking compared to other Zelda games because of it and I would have preferred more traditional Zelda dungeons. Also the bosses are the worst. The water boss and Gannon are the only bosses in this game I would even call a boss. Very disappointed in the bosses in this game.
I hope the sequel fixes these few problems.

The weapon breaking is basically necessary for the game. It makes you adapt to situations and consider your options. You get creative, you explore, it adds to the gameplay. Otherwise, why would you do anything but use the best weapon all the time [once you find it]?

Thank god we got genius game designers who worked on the game. We would have gotten an inferior experience without the weapon break system.

Back