The average age of a UFC TV viewer is 49 years old

I call bullshit...

I’ve worked my entire life
I wear Affliction to cut the grass, always in camouflage too.
Haven’t watched the NFL since politics was dragged into the equation.
habitually harvest one deer a year for chili
Drive a 4WD truck
mile high member, fly solo
my chainsaws project phallic overtones
take full opportunity of 2nd amendment rights
crank for whom the bells toll
thinks TMA is for rich kids
makes doing the most mundane task difficult, efficient and systematic
favorite destinations are Phuket, Manila and Hokkaido
I dig American flags, like on hats and shit.
eats with chop sticks
doesn’t like white bread
doesn’t like white chicks
doesn’t like white anything
except snow.... and toilet paper
Ramadi had its upsides
Lahnstuhl did too
considers the parallels between Donald and slick Bill
respected them all
wakes at weird hours
can’t sleep
cannabis helps
especially at 6am
continues typing repetitive jargon
poised nonetheless
really I likes taxes
not necessarily paying them
do it nonetheless like a Lannister
lastly
Pay for UFC PPV’s

McGreglette Sherdogggers are poor, they stream, talk shit on those of us who believe in moral compass and karma...

This is the reason that jacked white boys seem to be the predominant demographic, likely we are a smaller Slice.
RIP

"TV Viewer" yes, but not "viewer overall". Most younger people watch it through streams, and online sites. they don't watch it on TV. 49 is the not average age, its more like 25, but the TV yes thats probably true

Whats the average age of a headliners for a Golden Boy MMA PPV<HisEye>
dude, wtf is up with that av, lol.

I remember those days...

49 on TRT is the new 30!

Screen-Shot-2017-03-14-at-9.32.57-AM.png
So we're just shooping Vitor's head onto Jon Jones's body now?

I'm forty eight and have been watching since Goodrige/Herrera.
We made this thing popular when y'alls moms were still wiping your butts for you.
Put some hespeck on our names you filthy cunts

If it weren’t for us 40 plus fans, UFC would be officially dead....Not just dying daily.

Been there since the beginning and will be there till the end.
I hope old age homes have PPV in 2058.

Old age homes will have Octagons in 2058. <{JustBleed}>

Actually my guess is that it's just most younger people don't even watch television in general anymore. Hardly anyone I know still has cable. Today it's all about streaming services, youtube, torrents, etc.

The television model is dying. People want to choose their own content and schedule instead of relying on a TV network. Older people though don't break habits easily and still do the old school channel surfing deal.
49 isn't really "older people" and 49 year olds have lived a significant portion of their lives with computers. In fact, college educated 50-60 yr olds drove the movement towards computers and internet use. And they are just as likely as a 30 year old to rely less on TVs.

Boxing has older white men fans and non whites or non Americans are top draws

No.

ra05D_0696-1100x750.jpg

White Men don't make most of the fans...plenty of Latino,black,asian,etc fans....It's really diverse.

319000_189486-ph.ufc_.0817-10-KB.jpg

UFC fans are mostly white...thus they have a bigger influence in MMA....and they love their white fighters.

Im gonna go ahead and say theres a 0% chance this is true. Number fudging

-Remove barbaric steel cage
-Limit time to make significant moves (strikes/submission attempts) on the ground to 10-20 sec like in judo)
-Limit fighters media time
-Cut 50-70% of roster (esp old farts)
- Sign new talents???

Today ufc is another wwe with boring fights and non charismatic fighters, not to mention zero competition rules (title shot gets who ever the fuck they want to), so sports wise there is no interest at all to see best fight the best

Most core fans dont watch fights like before,too many cards with shit fighters

Ufc and mma is dead
/thread

Yes, I'm a big fan of removing the steel cage. Not only is it annoying to look at and gives off a bad stigma, but it's way too advantageous for wrestlers which isn't just unfair, but obviously hurts the product.

I also agree, ground game needs a huge revision. Time limits like you said are needed. Scoring control needs to be completely eliminated as well in favor of actually attacking on the ground.

I don't think that much of the roster needs to be cut. The UFC's biggest problem is how they manage their talent. People give them way too much credit for "making stars". Most of the guys the UFC gets behind fail miserably. The guys that do make it are virtually on their own accord or luck.

Fighters need more media time in my opinion. They need better branding. Hell the UFC needs better branding too. Their presentation is awful, from the production, to the shitty reebok gear, to the posters, to virtually everything else. There should be a massive overhaul there where they also get a group of people that can work with these fighters on carving out their personal branding.

Since Shelby has come aboard their matchmaking has been terrible. So many adjustments need to be made it would take forever to list them all. Young stars are thrown against each other prematurely. Match-ups you want to see never happen. etc.

Khabib is proof that people want to see fighters that don't lose. The UFCs barbaric way of matchmaking needs to get with boxing. Tune up fights, squash matches, etc. More belts to keep main events going as well. As long as people are actually fighting people when it matters unlike in boxing, then those things turn out to be good.

Weight cutting limits and procedures and training limitations prior to fights to limit pull-outs with on-hand replacements for main events.

Most of these things are just common sense and can easily be done, but just aren't because of UFC backwards team. Their management is really a reflection of their fan base. Old, stubborn, and unwilling to evolve.

And people wonder why this sport is dying. Maybe it's because the fans are dying because they are so old? What do we about this big problem facing the sport? How do we get younger people interested in the sport again? After all we can't rely on old farts to fork up hard earned cash forever especially given that a lot of them will have dementia and the rising health care costs to go with it which means they will have less money to spend on PPVs.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/7/1...mographics-ratings-advertisers-fox-sports-mma
49 is not that old! It's only a few years younger then your m*m, and the neighbourhood still runs trains on her!

Choo choo

people always act like the current generation of geezers are the last geezers that will ever exist and when they die all they support will die as if future geezer won’t be Into old people stuff.

I wonder how many times golf was supposed to die because only geezers watch that shit

Meh. The article says that's only a study of the television audience and doesn't factor in online viewership in any way. Young people are addicted to the internet.

F*k some of you new baby join dates are annoying...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back