The average age of a UFC TV viewer is 49 years old

AyDeeDee

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And people wonder why this sport is dying. Maybe it's because the fans are dying because they are so old? What do we about this big problem facing the sport? How do we get younger people interested in the sport again? After all we can't rely on old farts to fork up hard earned cash forever especially given that a lot of them will have dementia and the rising health care costs to go with it which means they will have less money to spend on PPVs.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/7/1...mographics-ratings-advertisers-fox-sports-mma

The average intellect of Sherdog posters is of a 4.9 years old.

Well this answers many questions

I've been arguing with a bunch of senile, nostalgic old farts daydreaming about PRIDE in their nursing homes

No wonder none of them seem to make much sense, they're all suffering from dementia

And people wonder why this sport is dying. Maybe it's because the fans are dying because they are so old? What do we about this big problem facing the sport? How do we get younger people interested in the sport again?

Get a bunch of upcoming young fighters or a group of near has-beens looking for a second shot. Put them all in a house together, give them all they need to survive, let them have access to an unlimited supply of alcohol.

Hook them up with trainers and top facilities to help them get better, then, have them fight one another at the end of the week.

Call it: The ultimate television reality show for fighters who don't read too good and want to do other stuff too.

Actually my guess is that it's just most younger people don't even watch television in general anymore. Hardly anyone I know still has cable. Today it's all about streaming services, youtube, torrents, etc.

The television model is dying. People want to choose their own content and schedule instead of relying on a TV network. Older people though don't break habits easily and still do the old school channel surfing deal.

based on the average posts on SD, I thought it was a bunch of angry emo teens with a confused self image and father complex.
<Fedor23>

Nah it's just a bunch of teen Conor fans who used their parents credit cards to sign up

Edit: my bad I thought op said ufc.tv

And people wonder why this sport is dying. Maybe it's because the fans are dying because they are so old? What do we about this big problem facing the sport? How do we get younger people interested in the sport again? After all we can't rely on old farts to fork up hard earned cash forever especially given that a lot of them will have dementia and the rising health care costs to go with it which means they will have less money to spend on PPVs.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/7/1...mographics-ratings-advertisers-fox-sports-mma
As a 48 year old, I am doing my part to lower the average.
<Jaime01>

Ya their wives are in menopause. Makes great sense actually lol

Looks like there might be a reason to sign Logan Paul after all.

based on the average posts on SD, I thought it was a bunch of angry emo teens with a confused self image and father complex.
<Fedor23>
Add in middle-aged men going through a divorce and you're spot on

I doubt that. Wasn’t like half of the UFC event visitors women according to DFW bullshit? UFC is neck and neck with soccer?

I know this isn’t the entertainment for children but for the AVERAGE to be 49? Nah.

<LikeReally5>

I'm only 34 and still own a VCR and a bunch of 8-track tapes.

I knew that already, no teen can come up with some of the astute replies and thread titles I've seen here! :rolleyes:

They would be known as midgets then LoL

47 here;)

Back