The average age of a UFC TV viewer is 49 years old

I was at the Commerica Pub in Parramatta(Western Sydney, Australia) for Khabib Vs Conor fighter and there literally around 1,000 people there all aged between 20-35 years old

Somebody is angry because their post didn't get as many likes as they thought.
Lmao

Ever since you created your account, you've posted the equivalent of 13 times a day. This is being generous and not including any other accounts you might have.

I'm sure I'd have more likes if I took time out of my life to post 11,000 times to sherdog in the span of two years. Unfortunately, not all of us live in mommy's basement, cleaning smegma out of our dicks. Your hilarious thread count makes you the epitome of a "shertard".

Last edited:
Lmao

Ever since you created your account, you've posted the equivalent of 13 times a day. This is being generous and not including any old accounts you might've had.

I'm sure I'd have more likes if I took time out of my life to post 11,000 times to sherdog in the span of two years. Unfortunately, not all of us live in mommy's basement, cleaning smegma out of our dicks. Your hilarious thread count makes you the epitome of a "shertard".

Don't get too angry now.

Nope
He included the 16 month old link as a source
thanks mate, i overlooked the link. Still dont fear, MMA is growing. There are significantly more old and Young guys than before 10 years...

thanks mate, i overlooked the link. Still dont fear, MMA is growing. There are significantly more old and Young guys than before 10 years...

There is definitely a lot less twenty-somethings now
10-15 years ago MMA was the "hip" thing to watch
You see a lot less 20-somethings at events now than you used to.

It is far from dire, but certainly it is skewing older.

And people wonder why this sport is dying. Maybe it's because the fans are dying because they are so old? What do we about this big problem facing the sport? How do we get younger people interested in the sport again? After all we can't rely on old farts to fork up hard earned cash forever especially given that a lot of them will have dementia and the rising health care costs to go with it which means they will have less money to spend on PPVs.

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/6/7/1...mographics-ratings-advertisers-fox-sports-mma

And let's be honest, it's only 49 because of the young, good-looking, physically superior Conor fans. The reality is this sport is filled with way too many old people - seen in their obsessive and delusional admiration in primitive MMA. Once they're gone, we'll never have to hear about things like Pride again. Then we can get to talking about realistic stuff like how genetically superior this generation of athletes are, and how they have 100x better training, and then repeat it for the next generation and so on.

That's why these tv deals are really worthless for promotion. The only objective is to enlarge the revenue. ESPN tv is being watched by a bunch of old farts and no one else. Besides that it's just background noise in barbershops and shopping malls.

I don't know why this is shocking for some people. Young people just don't watch tv anymore. They don't have to, just like people don't have to ride horses anymore. it's called technological progress. Regular tv is outdated shit service. It will die soon.

I'd like to give you a clip 'round the ear for making this thread, sonny-jim.

Sounds like a suspect stat. Don't take it at face-value.

First line of the article:

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is getting older ... and so are the people who are watching it on television.

Key phrase, "on television".

At 49, the average age of UFC viewers is actually young, compared to other sports:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/779207/median-age-of-tv-viewers-by-sport-us/

And according to the Washington Post a few years ago,

TV is increasingly for the old, and the Internet is for the young, according to new research by media analyst Michael Nathanson of Moffett Nathanson Research.

The median age of a broadcast or cable television viewer during the 2013-2014 TV season was 44.4 years old, a 6 percent increase in age from four years earlier. Audiences for the major broadcast network shows are much older and aging even faster, with a median age of 53.9 years old, up 7 percent from four years ago.

Mystery solved.
It isn't the UFC that necessarily has to attract a younger audience, it's traditional media in general. Shocking.

It is not the UFC's responsibility to pursue the impossible goal of saving television.

Last edited:
And let's be honest, it's only 49 because of the young, good-looking, physically superior Conor fans. The reality is this sport is filled with way too many old people - seen in their obsessive and delusional admiration in primitive MMA. Once they're gone, we'll never have to hear about things like Pride again. Then we can get to talking about realistic stuff like how genetically superior this generation of athletes are, and how they have 100x better training, and then repeat it for the next generation and so on.
-Remove barbaric steel cage
-Limit time to make significant moves (strikes/submission attempts) on the ground to 10-20 sec like in judo)
-Limit fighters media time
-Cut 50-70% of roster (esp old farts)
- Sign new talents???

Today ufc is another wwe with boring fights and non charismatic fighters, not to mention zero competition rules (title shot gets who ever the fuck they want to), so sports wise there is no interest at all to see best fight the best

Most core fans dont watch fights like before,too many cards with shit fighters

Ufc and mma is dead
/thread

To be completely honest, that’s fucken disgusting. I’m not sure why but I feel violated by that fact. That’s probably the age of the average sherdogger too, bunch of crusty old ass creeps. Hate old people.

Of course it is.

These are the TV viewers. Younger folks aren't watching it on TV

Well this answers many questions

I've been arguing with a bunch of senile, nostalgic old farts daydreaming about PRIDE in their nursing homes

No wonder none of them seem to make much sense, they're all suffering from dementia
“B-b-but muh Fedor”

“Muh Nog”

“Muh Crocop”

{<jordan}

49 on TRT is the new 30!

Screen-Shot-2017-03-14-at-9.32.57-AM.png

Get with the times grandpa no one watches tv anymore, no one buys PPV.
No one's wasting 60 bucks on a drown out night of POTENTIAL entertainment

“B-b-but muh Fedor”

“Muh Nog”

“Muh Crocop”

{<jordan}
Nog got the shit beaten out of him by Bob Sapp LOL

Btw if the Randleman - Fedor fight had happened on any surface other than a padded canvas, Fedor would've died instantly

Back